Axl visits home town - 1992 (Pictures)

Is it just me that thinks that his brother has a look of older (recent) Axl? They don't look alike in this photo but his brother has something about him that reminds me of current Axl. I know the general consensus is that Axl had some sort of facial surgery at some point but genetics is a fascinating thing, how we can resemble different family members at different times in our lives.

Edited by alfierose

You know who they resemble? They resemble the families you see in those low budget TV movies which appear on the tv channel, True Movies, the ones your mam always watches. They are always set in small town America, a land populated by station wagons, plaid shirts, mullets and men called 'Dan'. They usually contain the same group of actors (for Trekkies, Captain Janeway appeared in a lot of these) and the storylines generally are one of these two scenarios,

- family are a bunch of, either religious nuts or KKK activists who pervert their children's minds; usually there is a big police stand off at the end.

- Someone, usually a young male, is convicted of a murder he did not commit and goes on death row, cue, lots of campaigning by the accused's mother along with lengthy court scenes.

The Baileys look like the people in those films.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Seeing Amy around lately it is a relief and a little hope that those brazuca predators will not kill Axl and inherit ALL of his money when he passes away.

I wonder if this Amy girl has children... what about Stuart? How come there are no kids in Axl's life, not even nephews and nieces? :question:

• Like 1

Seeing Amy around lately it is a relief and a little hope that those brazuca predators will not kill Axl and inherit ALL of his money when he passes away.

Is it bad that I agree?

I would be so curious to know what TB thinks of Axl's brother and sister and vice versa. What they really think, not what they say.

Is it bad that I agree?

I would be so curious to know what TB thinks of Axl's brother and sister and vice versa. What they really think, not what they say.

A week ago or so, Beta posted a picture of her and Amy attending some concert... so, obviously they hang out and act as "family"... I dont know what TB really think about Axl's relatives but you know, all families have their issues and tolerate each other like families are supposed to do. It's never perfect.

All in all, the Lebeis are not Axl's legal family, although I'm 200% sure Beta is in Axl's will......

Axl wasn't allowed to have long hair by his stepfather, but Stuart has long hair too....

That photo is is from 1992 - IIRC they'd all cut off contact with the stepfather by that point (there was that Rolling Stone interview that said as much). Stuart would have been in his mid-20s and out on his own by then, anyway, so he could have any type of hair he wanted. I also thought I remember hearing that both of Axl's siblings had come to LA and were touring with him - Slash said as much in his book - so they weren't in Indiana or dealing with the stepfather's rules in any case.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

I've been to Arni's, that location as well, a couple of times. Great pizza, but nothing worth going too crazy over LOL

Lou Malnotis in Chicago is the best there is...deep dish, but still.

obviously by my Handle, i love Axl in Lafayette, that town, for better or worse, formed him into who he became.

Its not that bad, and having Purdue right next door is very cool and an excellent university.

Would love to spend a day there with him. I believe Izzy still iives there at least part of the time.

I used to drive by axls moms house and his grandmas house all of the time, I grew up in the area. The stories are true about axl raising hell. And a little tid bit, ashba is from Monticello,Indiana which is 20 mins from Lafayette, wonder if that played into axl bringing him into the group...