What Is Harassment?

magisme

It's important to discuss this as long as you agree completely with the right side. And I mean completely. Otherwise your words will be twisted and you'll be accused of consciously trying not to understand and denying harassment exists. And don't discuss it in ways you're not supposed to either. If you discuss legal and philosophical implications, that's funny and not worth our time.

Is that about right? :lol:

Ladies, it's not our responsibility to validate your emotions. That's what you have husbands, boyfriends, and girlfriends for.

Sometimes hello just means hello. Again.

Except when it's not. Why not say hello to the Korean gentleman walking on my right, the middle aged Puerto Rican lady to my left, the overweight mom pushing a stroller behind me, or the 3 black dudes in front of me. What you guys don't seem to realize is that women are quite capable of figuring out the meaning behind a hello. Yes, we don't get paid as much and we're the weaker sex, but we've managed to evolve just enough to understand the word. They're not always just a hello, is our point. And if it's a stranger passing you by in the street, it almost never is. If it were, then say it to all the other people around me. It's just a hello. Say it to Everyone. Everyone. Everyone. Tell me what you may still be confused about, perhaps I can help. Everyone. Again.

You do understand what the word "sometimes" means yeah?

No one is!

This discussion would be much more productive if guys here wouldn't feel so pathetically victimized. No one has said that ALL men act like this. More specifically, no one has said that YOU act like this. It is a MINORITY of men. It is STILL a PROBLEM and it should be discussed, ideally without men trivializing the issue or acting all hurt because they feel accused of something or because they are afraid they might not come across as perfect gentlemen. This is not about YOU, this is about a global phenomenon of women feeling threatened and bothered and even harassed because of SOME men's lack of empathy and social skills. It is important that we discuss this and are able to see it from women's side, because even if WE would never do anything to bother unknown women in the streets, we will become father to boys, teachers's and role models to other men, who might, unless we as a society scorn such behaviour, propagate the problem.

Again, not advocating legislation or a culture where men believe they can never approach women on the street, just a tad more sensibility around the issue, more understanding of how this is from women's side, and less asshole behaviour.

I take it you must of missed the part where I said I understand where women are coming from and I would be annoyed by it too?

Or were you too busy twisting others' words around so that you could look like the hero to the females of the forum?

Edited by Kasanova King

It's important to discuss this as long as you agree completely with the right side. And I mean completely. Otherwise your words will be twisted and you'll be accused of consciously trying not to understand and denying harassment exists. And don't discuss it in ways you're not supposed to either. If you discuss legal and philosophical implications, that's funny and not worth our time.

Is that about right? :lol:

Pretty much.

I propose an a more effective awareness campaign to highlight the issue.

Ignore the radical feminists completely. Don't interact with them online, or in public. Ignore their race baiting videos, ignore their constant attention whoring in the media, ignore their rambling status updates on facebook, ignore their selfies on instagram, swipe left on them on Tinder.

Don't dare say hello to them on the street, treat them like you would an ebola carrier. Isolate and only interact with when absolutely necessary.

Sit back, enjoy the drama free zone.

Then laugh when the next round of articles and videos hits the web complaining about being ignored invisible women.

No one is!

This discussion would be much more productive if guys here wouldn't feel so pathetically victimized. No one has said that ALL men act like this. More specifically, no one has said that YOU act like this. It is a MINORITY of men. It is STILL a PROBLEM and it should be discussed, ideally without men trivializing the issue or acting all hurt because they feel accused of something or because they are afraid they might not come across as perfect gentlemen. This is not about YOU, this is about a global phenomenon of women feeling threatened and bothered and even harassed because of SOME men's lack of empathy and social skills. It is important that we discuss this and are able to see it from women's side, because even if WE would never do anything to bother unknown women in the streets, we will become father to boys, teachers's and role models to other men, who might, unless we as a society scorn such behaviour, propagate the problem.

Again, not advocating legislation or a culture where men believe they can never approach women on the street, just a tad more sensibility around the issue, more understanding of how this is from women's side, and less asshole behaviour.

I take it you must of missed the part where I said I understand where women are coming from and I would be annoyed by it too?

Why do you think I missed it? I was obviously talking about your second sentence where you expressed a concern about women attacking all men for the behaviour.

Or were you too busy twisting others' words around so that you could look like the hero to the females of the forum?

Which words did I twist?

Ignore the radical feminists completely. Don't interact with them online, or in public. Ignore their race baiting videos, ignore their constant attention whoring in the media, ignore their rambling status updates on facebook, ignore their selfies on instagram, swipe left on them on Tinder.

Don't dare say hello to them on the street, treat them like you would an ebola carrier. Isolate and only interact with when absolutely necessary.

Then laugh when the next round of articles and videos hits the web complaining about being ignored invisible women.

That's funny, because in places where women typically are allowed to walk around without being talked to or stopped by male strangers, I have yet to hear any complaints from them because of the lack of attention.

Edited by SoulMonster

No one is!

Why do you think I missed it? I was obviously talking about your second sentence where you expressed a concern about women attacking all men for the behaviour.

If you actually paid attention, I was referring to this line by P4A: "So, on second thought no, I'm not sorry. Most of you can fuck off because you're making the choice not to understand."

Pretty much rendering your entire response pointless, as I was responding to her telling "Most of us" to fuck off.

No one is!

Which words did I twist?

That's funny, because in places where women typically are allowed to walk around without being talked to or stopped by male strangers, I have yet to hear any complaints from them because of the lack of attention.

You should go to LA then and meet the woman that wrote this. Maybe you can sort out her problems.

When I think of female contemporaries I wonder, why is a woman who is confident, with a self assured sexual ease, invisible, ignored and undesired on her local landscape?

So the next time a man sees me or any of my mid-life female friends out in the world, he should LOOK AT US. Then smile and say, "Hello." He'll be in for an astonishing surprise.

If you actually paid attention, I was referring to this line by P4A: "So, on second thought no, I'm not sorry. Most of you can fuck off because you're making the choice not to understand."

Pretty much rendering your entire response pointless, as I was responding to her telling "Most of us" to fuck off.

Uhm, looking back I think P4A was talking about men in this thread who make the choice to not understand [the female pespective]. I am not going to do the tally but she could be right. But yeah, I talked about the sentiment that has been expressed in this thread where guys are annoyed by feeling profiled as potential abusers and harassers because of the actions of the minority. The YOU's in my post wasn't directed at you, KK, but at the collective of men active in the thread, me included, actually.

• Like 1

No one is!

Which words did I twist?

You should go to LA then and meet the woman that wrote this. Maybe you can sort out her problems.

When I think of female contemporaries I wonder, why is a woman who is confident, with a self assured sexual ease, invisible, ignored and undesired on her local landscape?

So the next time a man sees me or any of my mid-life female friends out in the world, he should LOOK AT US. Then smile and say, "Hello." He'll be in for an astonishing surprise.

I am not surprised for what I think must be one of the most shallow and exterior-obsessed places in the world.

Uhm, looking back I think P4A was talking about men in this thread who make the choice to not understand [the female pespective]. I am not going to do the tally but she could be right. But yeah, I talked about the sentiment that has been expressed in this thread where guys are annoyed by feeling profiled as potential abusers and harassers because of the actions of the minority. The YOU's in my post wasn't directed at you, KK, but at the collective of men active in the thread, me included, actually.

Next time you want to address the "collective" as YOU, it would help not quoting one of MY quotes. ;)

Just sayin'

:P

1 woman speaks for all. Right?

Flirting with a girl, sober, during the day, is completely creepy.

Also, having sex with someone you meet out at night while drinking is illegal. (new law in California)

So basically, just go play videogames and shut up. Oh wait, that probably means you are a violent misogynist too.

I don't know. Go lock yourself in a dark room and don't come out until you've cut your penis off. #feminism

Also, having sex with someone you meet out at night while drinking is illegal. (new law in California)

You what? :lol: Even if it's like, one beer? Might as well shut down every club on earth then cuz thats what they're for, drinking and pulling.

Edited by Lennie Godber

Funny how you quote P4A saying that, because it's pretty obvious she's right. Several people in this thread have been making efforts to misinterpret everything said by the people they disagree with. She has a good point.

Yep, that's it.

Out of curiosity, when I said, "Yes, that would annoy me too". And that I DON'T agree with such behavior, nor do I practice such behavior. What exactly does that mean?

Whenever I see this thread title pop up on the front page now, this song starts playing in my head, except the word "love" is switched out with "harassment".

Thats funny, every time i read it this song starts playing in my head:

The other day I was walking down 14th Street

It was a beautiful summer day

The sun was shining

And I found myself surrounded by latin american and dark women

And as I looked at their ankles,

Their knees and their thights,

And the curve of their bodies,

Their mysterious eyes

I couldn't help but thinkinng about their pussies

And I asked myself

Can your pussy talk

Can your pussy talk

Can your pussy smile

Can your pussy frown

Can your pussy prance

Can your pussy dance

Can your pussy walk

Can your pussy talk

Pussy, pussy walk

Now you know from time to time

My musical group and I have occasion to visit

The high schools, jr. high schools and

Other centers ol learning in this wonderful land of

The united States of America

And when I do, frorn time to time

I run into the young girls that attend these places

And I see them smiling at me with their young girl clothes

And while i smile back, I never say anything

But inside I'm thinkin

Can your pussy walk

Can your pussy talk

What, i didn't write it :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

Funny how you quote P4A saying that, because it's pretty obvious she's right. Several people in this thread have been making efforts to misinterpret everything said by the people they disagree with. She has a good point.

Yep, that's it.

Out of curiosity, when I said, "Yes, that would annoy me too". And that I DON'T agree with such behavior, nor do I practice such behavior. What exactly does that mean?

Hey KK don't you know that there is absolutely no difference between a couple of jackasses hollering at a woman in a gas station and a guy saying a polite hello to somebody in the street? Same thing y'know? No difference AT ALL. :shrugs: Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2