What Is Harassment?

magisme

Funny how you quote P4A saying that, because it's pretty obvious she's right. Several people in this thread have been making efforts to misinterpret everything said by the people they disagree with. She has a good point.

Yep, that's it.

Out of curiosity, when I said, "Yes, that would annoy me too". And that I DON'T agree with such behavior, nor do I practice such behavior. What exactly does that mean?

Hey KK don't you know that there is absolutely no difference between a couple of jackasses hollering at a woman in a gas station and a guy saying a polite hello to somebody in the street? Same thing y'know? No difference AT ALL. :shrugs:

If you're the bloke then it's just wrong full stop :P

Happy to report, it was an uneventful week on the streets this week. No harassments, no annoyances. One guy tipped his hat.

That FUCKING BASTARD!!!!! I hope you kicked him in the dick and made him see the error of his ways. <_<

Whenever I see this thread title pop up on the front page now, this song starts playing in my head, except the word "love" is switched out with "harassment".

Thats funny, every time i read it this song starts playing in my head:

The other day I was walking down 14th Street

It was a beautiful summer day

The sun was shining

And I found myself surrounded by latin american and dark women

And as I looked at their ankles,

Their knees and their thights,

And the curve of their bodies,

Their mysterious eyes

I couldn't help but thinkinng about their pussies

And I asked myself

Can your pussy talk

Can your pussy talk

Can your pussy smile

Can your pussy frown

Can your pussy prance

Can your pussy dance

Can your pussy walk

Can your pussy talk

Pussy, pussy walk

Now you know from time to time

My musical group and I have occasion to visit

The high schools, jr. high schools and

Other centers ol learning in this wonderful land of

The united States of America

And when I do, frorn time to time

I run into the young girls that attend these places

And I see them smiling at me with their young girl clothes

And while i smile back, I never say anything

But inside I'm thinkin

Can your pussy walk

Can your pussy talk

What, i didn't write it :lol:

The irony is that women on a Guns N' Roses message board.....a fucking GUNS N' ROSES message board....most famous for their album:

Appetite for Destruction,

appetite-for-destruction-guns-n-roses.jp

are complaining about assholes yelling at them in the street.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

I bet all the birds from the forum are just gonna be walking around looking for it for the next few days. They're gonna be walking the streets and some geezers gonna go 'uh excuse me Miss?' and they're gonna get 'What?!?! What, what is it? Let me guess, i'm the most beautiful girl you've ever seen, I'm so beautiful you wanna suck my Daddys dick? What is it, what DESPERATELY amusing line are you gonna spring on me today?!?!'

'uh, you dropped your purse back there, i just wanted to give it back to ya'

'Isn't that just SOOOOOOO man? A woman makes a mistake and he's ALLLLLLLLLLL over it, could you be more chauvinist , oh what, you think you can go around just solving all womens problems cuz you're a man?!?! Fuck you, motherfucker!'

:lol:

• Like 2

Let's hope no AC/DC music fans ever dare complain about someone taking a hit out on them then.

That wasn't the point.

The point being the very band this forum is about, became famous from an album that initially demonstrated something infinitely worse than men yelling at women in the street.

If getting yelled at in the street could be that offensive to women, surely they couldn't be a fan of a band with such lewd beginnings?

Let's hope no AC/DC music fans ever dare complain about someone taking a hit out on them then.

That wasn't the point.

The point being the very band this forum is about, became famous from an album that initially demonstrated something infinitely worse than men yelling at women in the street.

If getting yelled at in the street could be that offensive to women, surely they couldn't be a fan of a band with such lewd beginnings?

By extension though are the male fans of GnR advocates of that shit cuz they enjoy listening to GnR?

• Like 1

That wasn't the point.

Well if you're all such lovely gentleman that would never condone infinitely worse things what are you doing here too.

Seriously people can enjoy art, music, film whatever without it conflicting with real life values. Should someone be policing our hobbies?

• Like 1

That wasn't the point.

By extension though are the male fans of GnR advocates of that shit cuz they enjoy listening to GnR?

It doesn't matter. As men we are pre-ordained as rapists

That wasn't the point.

You put it much better than me. Lol

I don't think you understand my point entirely. Absolutely no one is advocating anything. G N' R wasn't advocating anything when they released AFD. I'm talking about "sensitivity" level. If you can be "open minded" enough to get past the AFD artwork, certainly a few idiots yelling at you in the street wouldn't phase you that much, would it?

That wasn't the point.

Well if you're all such lovely gentleman that would never condone infinitely worse things what are you doing here too.

Seriously people can enjoy art, music, film whatever without it conflicting with real life values. Should someone be policing our hobbies?

I don't think you understand my point entirely. Absolutely no one is advocating anything. G N' R wasn't advocating anything when they released AFD. I'm talking about "sensitivity" level. If you can be "open minded" enough to get past the AFD artwork, certainly a few idiots yelling at you in the street wouldn't phase you that much, would it?

;)

That wasn't the point.

Yeah ....... that's rather a weak argument there I'm afraid buddy.

That wasn't the point.

;)

Well apart from one being a picture on a piece of cardboard and the other being an intimidating and potentially threatening situation. Nope can't see a difference at all.

• Like 3

That wasn't the point.

You think?

You don't think it's ironic that women can be open minded and thick skinned enough to get past the AFD artwork and the initial chauvinistic songs of the band yet get upset at some random guy saying hi to them in the street?

That wasn't the point.

You think?

You don't think it's ironic that women can be open minded and thick skinned enough to get past the AFD artwork and the initial chauvinistic songs of the band yet get upset at some random guy saying hi to them in the street?

I like the film Salo: 120 Days of Sodom, does that mean that I am condoning of fascist libertine pederasts that lock minors in castles and torture them for 120 days? :lol:

Sometimes hello just means hello. Again.

Except when it's not. Why not say hello to the Korean gentleman walking on my right, the middle aged Puerto Rican lady to my left, the overweight mom pushing a stroller behind me, or the 3 black dudes in front of me. What you guys don't seem to realize is that women are quite capable of figuring out the meaning behind a hello. Yes, we don't get paid as much and we're the weaker sex, but we've managed to evolve just enough to understand the word. They're not always just a hello, is our point. And if it's a stranger passing you by in the street, it almost never is. If it were, then say it to all the other people around me. It's just a hello. Say it to Everyone. Everyone. Everyone. Tell me what you may still be confused about, perhaps I can help. Everyone. Again.

Look I think the point here is just to make men think before they shout shit on the street.

And honestly I question why anyone feels the overwhelming need to say things to strangers just based on their body. I feel like the best compliments aren't based on something so... Common and shallow.

I think it's a good laugh that people are making this about laws or the philisophical idea of harrassment or whatever.

Just cool it and exercise good judgement.

Like I already said, most guys don't shout at women on the street. It's a very small minority of a certain demographic. This entire thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Right. So before I get home tonight I stop to get gas. I'm standing there filling my tank and I hear beep beep. I don't look up, just there minding my own business, when I hear "Yo.....Yo Blondie over here". Yeah I know, before anyone feels the urge to say it, only in NY. So I glance over, 2 guys are in a car waiting at the light, just staring with wide idiotic grins. I turn my back to the street, keep filling the car, and yep, there it is again, beep beeeeep. I don't move, the light turns green and they drive away. See, despite the fact that I'm obviously just so fuckin full of myself, I don't get that. I don't get the point of it. There was some older man at the pump behind me and I see him looking around and looking at me and it's embarrassing, it's degrading. I'm sorry if guys aren't understanding what we, as women, deal with. You can do something as mundane as getting gas and not be bothered. So, on second thought no, I'm not sorry. Most of you can fuck off because you're making the choice not to understand.

Ah, emotions.

Your argument has the same intellectual credibility as the guy whose girlfriend cheats on him, and now "all women are bitches".

Edited by Roush
  • Like 1

That wasn't the point.

It doesn't matter. As men we are pre-ordained as rapists

Well if a jobs worth doing...

Sorry! :lol:

• Like 1

That wasn't the point.

;)

Well apart from one being a picture on a piece of cardboard and the other being an intimidating and potentially threatening situation. Nope can't see a difference at all.

So you sing along to songs like My Michelle, You're Crazy, Rocket Queen, Anything Goes (lol), etc. etc etc....songs which could potentially fuel the fire to this sort of behavior, but on the other hand, you consider such behavior a "potentially threatening situation".

That's not ironic, it's hypocritical.

That wasn't the point.

You think?

I like the film Salo: 120 Days of Sodom, does that mean that I am condoning of fascist libertine pederasts that lock minors in castles and torture them for 120 days? :lol:
It doesn't mean that you are but .......... well ........... well, you are aren't you? :lol:

That wasn't the point.

;)

So you sing along to songs like My Michelle, You're Crazy, Rocket Queen, Anything Goes (lol), etc. etc etc....songs which could potentially fuel the fire to this sort of behavior, but on the other hand, you consider such behavior a "potentially threatening situation".

That's not ironic, it's hypocritical.

No it's not at all, thats half of what goes on with music, seriously, are you that mental, so when I'm listening to the song Belsen Was A Gas by The Sex Pistols I'm a hypocrite for then having sympathy for victims of the holocaust? Not at all, one is a piece of art, films, music, these things are designed to evoke emotional responses, it ain't your fuckin' vote or nothing.

Also, you could like a song and not give a flying fuck about the lyrics, isn't that possible? I know loads of people that love Imagine by John Lennon, are they then hypocrites for not immediately wanting the eradication of possessions and money and religion? Come on man.

• Like 3

Well, to be honest, I would give up ten friendly tips of the hat or smiles to do without one "show us your tits". But that's just me.

Thing with GnR is that I have total choice and control in my involvement. Kind of different with the catcalling.

Edited by Orsys
  • Like 1

That wasn't the point.

You think?

It doesn't mean that you are but .......... well ........... well, you are aren't you? :lol:

Shhhhh, under your hat skipper, attaboy :lol: