Looks like Spider-Man could get rebooted again.

sweetness

They could do a million reboots and they'll never top Tobey Maguire.

Thank you. I thought everyone fucking hated Tobey Mequire as Spider-Man.

I liked Tobey, but Garfield has the edge when it comes to the humour side of things. Overall I would say Tobey got the nerdiness and heart of the character better, but the perfect Peter Parker + Spidey is somewhere between the two.

My favourite scene from all the Spider-Man films, I still remember the surprise and pure joy I felt when I first saw it in the cinema:

The look of pure delight on his face in his nerdiness... just perfect.

We have the editor to thank for the music, one of the best uses of a popular song to a scene I've seen, along with the Quicksilver + "Time in a Bottle" scene in Days of Future Past, again thanks to one of the editors of that film who used it as a temp.

My other favourite scene is the one where Jameson starts lamenting the loss of Spider-Man.

[looking at Spider-man's suit] Spider-Man...was a hero. I just couldn't see it. He was a...[looks to see that Spider-Man has stolen back the suit]...a thief! A criminal! He stole my suit! He's a menace to the entire city! I want the wall-crawling arachnid prosecuted! I want him strung up by his web! I WANT SPIDER-MAN!

• Like 1

My favourite scene from all the Spider-Man films, I still remember the surprise and pure joy I felt when I first saw it in the cinema:

The look of pure delight on his face in his nerdiness... just perfect.

We have the editor to thank for the music, one of the best uses of a popular song to a scene I've seen, along with the Quicksilver + "Time in a Bottle" scene in Days of Future Past, again thanks to one of the editors of that film who used it as a temp.

Did you see that Asian chick scowl at him? She's no longer top of the class.

• Like 1

I like the new movie a damn lot more than the Raimu/Maguire movies. But man, I have always wanted Spiderman to go back to Marvel. Just don't reboot it, use this "world" as you wish! Use Andrew, he's doing a great job. Cast your own Mary Jane, use your own villains, do as you feel like just don't do it from scratch 'cause it'd be ao annoying and ridiculous.

Sony hasn't been able to cast a good Spiderman or make a good Spiderman movie and they lucked out on the first trilogy due to special effects alone. I trust Marvel much more to find a decent actor and story for their own character. Garfield should never have been considered in the first place. And the fucking nerd from That 70's Show as Venom??? Ffs, what kind of drugs would you have to be on to make that sound like a good idea. Fuck Raimi.

Now calm down a bit. I completly agree that was a terrible casting choice as Venom, but I can't sit by and allow a "Fuck Raimi" comment to fly. I am by no means defending Spiderman 3 or anything he has done since then, but the man IS responsible for Evil Dead. He walks on hallowed ground in the horror genre in my eyes, so I can't allow a "Fuck Raimi" comment. I usually agree with everything you say Damn Smooth, but this one crossed the line.

"Good guy, bad guy, I'm the guy with the gun." "You're leading two things, Jack and shit, and Jack just left town."

There are elements I really liked about Spider-Man 3. While I thought the "I'm not a bad man" stuff with Sandman was incredibly forced and he generally wasn't that great a villain (pretty crap use of his powers with him just being floating sand half the time), I loved the Birth of Sandman scene, especially the music by Christopher Young:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpaecszRRG0

And I LOVED the dancing scenes. Everybody complains about how goofy they are and how black-suit Spider-Man is supposed to be dark... but at the end of the day Peter Parker is a dork. He's not Bruce Wayne, he's not Frank Castle, he's not gonna start shooting people because of the symbiote. He's just gonna be like every nerd on a power trip: a sex pest :lol: The problems with Spider-Man 3 were just too much story crammed and cut down into one film, weak villains, an unlikable MJ, everybody crying again and again, and the Magic Butler. If they'd given the plot two films to fully play out, let the villains become more rounded and complex characters, it could have been an epic two-parter, maybe even better than Spider-Man 2.

The Bruce Campbell scene was great, too.

Sony hasn't been able to cast a good Spiderman or make a good Spiderman movie and they lucked out on the first trilogy due to special effects alone. I trust Marvel much more to find a decent actor and story for their own character. Garfield should never have been considered in the first place. And the fucking nerd from That 70's Show as Venom??? Ffs, what kind of drugs would you have to be on to make that sound like a good idea. Fuck Raimi.

Now calm down a bit. I completly agree that was a terrible casting choice as Venom, but I can't sit by and allow a "Fuck Raimi" comment to fly. I am by no means defending Spiderman 3 or anything he has done since then, but the man IS responsible for Evil Dead. He walks on hallowed ground in the horror genre in my eyes, so I can't allow a "Fuck Raimi" comment. I usually agree with everything you say Damn Smooth, but this one crossed the line.

"Good guy, bad guy, I'm the guy with the gun." "You're leading two things, Jack and shit, and Jack just left town."

Yeah, but he pulled a Slash with Spiderman. Especially 3.

Yay! No more Garfield! Oh wait a sec... another reboot? No, please, no! Nobody wants to see another uncle ben dying and repeating that same shit. I don't wanna see the same movie again with different actors.

They already said they're not doing that. They're doing Spider-Man as an adult, not a teen who recently lost his uncle.

Stop. Just stop. I can't take all these reboots anymore.

How about enough of these stupid fucking comic book/superhero movies. I pray for a backlash against this bullshit. Is putting real people in real life situations with real life solutions not enough of a money maker that they have to put some twat in a cape and tights to fight CGI monsters?