First movie/film you remember seeing?

Snake-Pit

The first Toy Story was the first film I saw in theatres. I can't remember what the first one I saw in general was. Probably some Barney movie. :lol:

The first film i saw in the theatre/cinema was; Star Trek Generations (1994)

Having said that, I also saw Toy Story at the cinema a year later.

I can narrow it down to a bunch, buggered if i know which one it is though

Ten Commandments

El Dorado

For A Few Dollars More

Commando

Commando was the first VHS i ever owned, was a present from my Dad when i was 5 or 6. First film I saw in the cinema was ages later, like when i was older, Judge Dredd, the Sly Stallone one, never went to the cinema with my parents, had to wait til i was old enough to go myself. I owe my taste in films to my Dad really, he loved westerns more than anything but also like...i dunno, he just naturally had pretty good taste in films, all the good solid classic geezer actors Brando, McQueen, Eastwood, Robert Mitchum, James Stewart, Henry Fonda, all of them lot.

I'm pretty certain Commando was my first film actually, i was like 5 or 6 round my uncles and everyone was watching it and me and my little cousin were being little gits, making a racket by the steps so my brother grabs me, pulls me into the tv room and goes 'watch this, he's gonna go mental with a machine gun' and it was right on that last 20 minute sequence where Arnie does that entire small army...i was hooked from there on :lol:

Jesus Christ, you watched The Exorcist at 4?

Indeed I did. Magic was no picnic either with a talking dummy that killed people (or did it???)

I saw the VHS cover of Magic in the video shop as a kid and it resulted in a lifetime phobia of puppets and dolls. I watched about half the film on telly when I was a teenager, wasn't as frightening as seeing that single image as a kid.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, you watched The Exorcist at 4?

Indeed I did. Magic was no picnic either with a talking dummy that killed people (or did it???)

I saw the VHS cover of Magic in the video shop as a kid and it resulted in a lifetime phobia of puppets and dolls. I watched about half the film on telly when I was a teenager, wasn't as frightening as seeing that single image as a kid.

Yeah, if you see it now, it's very tame and on the cheesy side. When it came out though, different story. And Anthony Hopkins was creepy in it as well.

I was hyped about Jurassic Park for months when I was 5 and when my dad finally took me to see it I was crying my eyes out in the opening raptor scene and spent half the film with my head hiding in the seat :lol: Don't think I saw it all the way through until I was 10.