The Interview [had been] officially cancelled, now back on!

gunsfanoldie

I might be in the minority here, but I do feel the Interview was a poorly thought out idea and should have never even been made. To piggy back off another poster, but can you imagine if Iraq made a movie about killing Bush sr or jr during those hostilities? Honestly it would cause the US to go to war, we've probably gone to war for less. I'm not defending the hackers, but at the same time it was an awful choice by Sony. I know everyone is hiding behind freedom os speech and all that, which is fine. But honestly if roles were reversed we would not look kindly at other countries freedom of speech, we'd look at like it was grounds for war. I'm just saying whats good for the goose shoulde be good for the gander, and IT DOES feel a little double standardish IMO.

But again, I say this because I hate Sony and wish they would crash and burn for their AWFUL plans for my beloved Ghostbusters series. :)

there was already a movie made showing a syrian national assassinating president bush when bush was still president, it went on to win awards.......

No it was made in the UK, not nearly the same thing. That's why I said if Iraq made a movie about killing either Bush, that would of been a completly different ordeal. But I'm just speculating here, who knows...

I doubt that if the USA made a movie about killing Putin (and used him by name) that the Russians would just laugh it off as "just a movie." Honestly I feel like they would get awfully pissed and would make their feelings known. So I can't really blame North Korea vfor getting pissed about it...

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

No it was made in the UK, not nearly the same thing. That's why I said if Iraq made a movie about killing either Bush, that would of been a completly different ordeal. But I'm just speculating here, who knows...

I doubt that if the USA made a movie about killing Putin (and used him by name) that the Russians would just laugh it off as "just a movie." Honestly I feel like they would get awfully pissed and would make their feelings known. So I can't really blame North Korea vfor getting pissed about it...

its a movie, its not real and its a comedy on top of that. a foreign country made a serious movie about killing a president that was still in office and was shown in movie theaters here in the states, yet no one from the US threatened to blow up england nor would they if any other country made it. being pissed off about it and threatening to blow up and kill civilians is quite a difference.

its a movie, its not real and its a comedy on top of that. a foreign country made a serious movie about killing a president that was still in office and was shown in movie theaters here in the states, yet no one from the US threatened to blow up england nor would they if any other country made it. being pissed off about it and threatening to blow up and kill civilians is quite a difference.

But The Interview mocks and ridiculizes the president while the movies main objective is to kill him, the UK movie about Bush's death doesnt make him look like an enemy, or ridiculize, parody him, it doesnt even show that the UK wants the USA's president to be dead.

But The Interview mocks and ridiculizes the president while the movies main objective is to kill him, the UK movie about Bush's death doesnt make him look like an enemy, or ridiculize, parody him, it doesnt even show that the UK wants the USA's president to be dead.

im not saying north korea cant be pissed, they have all the right to be pissed, but to threaten to kill and blow up anyone who watches the movie is quite a different matter. its a movie and its not real james franco and seth rogen arent going to kill kim jong un :lol:

The USA doesn't make movies. Private companies make movies.

Your reasoning is the same as Kim Jong Un's and is quite flawed. I can see why he could reason like this...because if a movie was made in North Korea....it would be North Korea making the movie. In totalitarian states, that's the way things work.

Not in free societies and certainly not in the USA.

• Like 1

im not saying north korea cant be pissed, they have all the right to be pissed, but to threaten to kill and blow up anyone who watches the movie is quite a different matter. its a movie and its not real james franco and seth rogen arent going to kill kim jong un :lol:

Yes, of course, they're damn crazy, I was telling the difference between the UK and NK movie.

All this fuss and it probably sucks anyway

It will suck, it already has bad reviews.

The USA doesn't make movies. Private companies make movies.

Your reasoning is the same as Kim Jong Un's and is quite flawed. I can see why he could reason like this...because if a movie was made in North Korea....it would be North Korea making the movie. In totalitarian states, that's the way things work.

Not in free societies and certainly not in the USA.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you are saying, I just can understand why they would get pissy about it is all. Of course private companies make the movies, not the goverment, but in a society like North Korea, they don't have the sepration that we do. But to be fair they didn't target the US per say, just Sony. So I guess fair is fair...

Being reported the film is going to be streamed online tomorrow over various digital services.

Again, I go back to the notion that it was canceled for the promotional purposes. In the end, Sony will likely make more money off this film now than had they gone ahead with the original release.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/12/24/sony-to-put-the-interview-on-youtube.html

Just a day after certain theaters announced they would be playing The Interview this Christmas, Sony will be putting the film out for rental on YouTube, Google Play, and XBox video starting at 1 p.m. ET on Wednesday. In addition, a total of about 300 theaters nationwide, in nearly every state, will show the comedy on Christmas Day. However, none of them belong to any of the major chains that pulled out after threats by hackers.

Being reported the film is going to be streamed online tomorrow over various digital services.

Again, I go back to the notion that it was canceled for the promotional purposes. In the end, Sony will likely make more money off this film now than had they gone ahead with the original release.

this would be like new coke levels of idiocy/brilliance.

• Like 1

I'm twenty minutes into the movie and feeling like it's the worst Rogen/Franco collaboration. I really hope it reverses and gets better, but so far I have found the editing to be particularly odd (doesn't seem to do a great job selling the jokes), and Franco -- who I usually love in these comedy roles -- seems to be hamming it up a bit too much. He's funnier when he's sweetly naive (a la his characters in Pineapple Express and This Is the End) but here he's playing more of a deliberately sleazy tabloid journalist and it's not as funny... so far.

But hey, who knows. Maybe it'll get better. I'll be back in about an hour to revise my thoughts.