Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Nothing wrong with a champion vs. champion match. Cena is a pretty logical next step for Rollins. I mean where does he go after surviving (using wrestling logic) a title feud with Lesnar?

Sheamus winning money in the bank is the only reason you should fear Cena "maybe" taking the title off Rollins.

But I thought the plan was to do Cena dropping the US title to Owens at Summerslam. Surely they won't have Cena be in 2 title matches at Summerslam. ..
Cena merch sales dropped after Owens beat him the first time, so they pulled the plug and had Cena win the feud. Rumor has it the same thing happened with the Rusev/Cena feud.

Starting to believe that. Apparently on smackdown they started lining up Owens vs Cesaro for summerslam. Sure to be a great match but I still would have liked to see Owens win the us title more.

Don't think Jarret worded this right.

Jarrett on how many GFW Amped episodes he will be taping on July 24 and what channel, dates, and times will the show eventually air: You're digging for the good stuff and I appreciate that. We just named it Amped, and we are in the discussion of how many episodes so I can't tell you how many right now. We are going to be shooting on content next Friday, then August 21st, and October 23rd. One thing is for sure, we are starting four tournaments starting next Friday: The Global Championship, the Tag-Team Championship, the Women's Championship, and the Nex-Gen Championship. We do have Bobby Roode appearing and in my opinion he personifies what GFW in some shape, form, or fashion is all about. He is a wrestler under a contract for another promotion who will be appearing on our program. The number of episodes is a moving target at this point. We are going to go shoot the tournament then we get back who knows? It could be ten episodes, twelve, fourteen, who knows? It's a work in progress. When you are trying to line up domestic and international, it's a real challenge to try and please everybody. We are going to do our very best to expose the product to as many wrestling fans as we can.

From: http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Jeff-Jarrett-on-Friday-s-GFW-television-tapings-uncertain-on-how-many-episodes-will-be-filmed-discusses-the-King-of-the-Mountain-Title-future-business-with-TNA-the-GFW-Nex-Gen-Division-using-a-documentary-style-approach-43245

Jarrett on how many GFW Amped episodes he will be taping on July 24 and what channel, dates, and times will the show eventually air: You're digging for the good stuff and I appreciate that. We just named it Amped, and we are in the discussion of how many episodes so I can't tell you how many right now. We are going to be shooting on content next Friday, then August 21st, and October 23rd. One thing is for sure, we are starting four tournaments starting next Friday: The Global Championship, the Tag-Team Championship, the Women's Championship, and the Nex-Gen Championship. We do have Bobby Roode appearing and in my opinion he personifies what GFW in some shape, form, or fashion is all about. He is a wrestler under a contract for another promotion who will be appearing on our program. The number of episodes is a moving target at this point. We are going to go shoot the tournament then we get back who knows? It could be ten episodes, twelve, fourteen, who knows? It's a work in progress. When you are trying to line up domestic and international, it's a real challenge to try and please everybody. We are going to do our very best to expose the product to as many wrestling fans as we can.

From: http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Jeff-Jarrett-on-Friday-s-GFW-television-tapings-uncertain-on-how-many-episodes-will-be-filmed-discusses-the-King-of-the-Mountain-Title-future-business-with-TNA-the-GFW-Nex-Gen-Division-using-a-documentary-style-approach-43245

Nice interview, I am interested to see what GFW's TV show will be like when it eventually appears

Not sure what you mean when you say he didnt word it right?

Nice interview, I am interested to see what GFW's TV show will be like when it eventually appears

Well basically his company is all about workers under contract for other companies that are appearing on his program :P. That's what I took away from it and it's true, if look at their roster.

Holy fuck this weeks Lucha Underground was amazing! :o

Well basically his company is all about workers under contract for other companies that are appearing on his program :P. That's what I took away from it and it's true, if look at their roster.

Ha :D I think more collaboration between different promotions is what he is going for, but if you put it that way!

not sure if posted but hulk hogan pulled from everything regarding the wwe and he left a weird tweet apparently in response.

“In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH”

edit: seems a day or so ago it was being by some wrestling forums/internet forums that there is some audio of hogan dropping N bombs all over the place, not sure how true that is but something is up

Edited by bran

not sure if posted but hulk hogan pulled from everything regarding the wwe and he left a weird tweet apparently in response.

In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH

edit: seems a day or so ago it was being by some wrestling forums/internet forums that there is some audio of hogan dropping N bombs all over the place, not sure how true that is but something is up

Exactly what I heard. Meltzer reports wwe.com was instructed to remove everything hogan related.

Guess we ain't getting that 1 last title run eh? Haha

In the storm I release control,God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be,one love. HH

Exactly what I heard. Meltzer reports wwe.com was instructed to remove everything hogan related.

Guess we ain't getting that 1 last title run eh? Haha

Just in time for him to work the GFW tapings! :D

Anyone remember that time Stevie Richards slammed Andre the Giant at the Pontiac Silverdome?

How could we forget the cheers from 90,000 screaming Richardaniacs?! Can't wait for Big E to win the title now. Or they'll give it to Darren Young, kill two birds.

And to think Vince actually called Booker T a hooray for tolerance! to his face :lol:

Hope Hogan learns from Randy Marsh's mistakes. "I didn't want my daughter to be with any naggers! That can be really stressful brother, like slavery."

• Like 1

I'm black and to be honest I don't think this is bad at all.

Basically all he is saying is, he doesn't like "thugs" (like most people), and if his daughter does date outside her race, he wants her to be with a guy who has something...

Like what any dad with a daughter would want. *shrugs*

I know he uses the "N" word, but you really need to put it in context with what he is talking about.

Overreaction by the WWE, imo.

I wonder how many SunnyDRE posts have started with "I'm black..." :lol: I agree though, it's just a very bad choice of words. That said, it's not helped the way he continues to say it over and over if the transcript I read is accurate. WWE always react with a kneejerk.

Will they try and Benoit Hulk Hogan from the WWE history books? That'll be hard since he's the number one guy of all time. Yes above Rock,Flair,Austin ,Cena etc. If you weren't around for Hulkamania you might not understand how truly big it was in his prime.

Also,has Jeff Jarrett called Hogan? If GFW fired their entire roster I'm not sure they could afford him.

Will they try and Benoit Hulk Hogan from the WWE history books? That'll be hard since he's the number one guy of all time. Yes above Rock,Flair,Austin ,Cena etc. If you weren't around for Hulkamania you might not understand how truly big it was in his prime.

Also,has Jeff Jarrett called Hogan? If GFW fired their entire roster I'm not sure they could afford him.

I doubt saying the N-word is as bad as killing your entire family and yourself. They're just avoiding the association with Hogan until this blows over. Given the general public's attention span that'll be a month or two.

I wonder how many SunnyDRE posts have started with "I'm black..."

I still sometimes think he's one of those extremely pale ginger dudes. Like Sheamus but whimpier.

Cena will grow a mustache and Howard Finkel will have to spend a few weeks doing voice overs, it is not rocket science.

"By gawd Michael Cole, Cena just slammed Kevin Owens, shades of his Wrestlemania 3 victory over Andre the Giant."

i can see a "remake" of wrestlemania 3 with a digital john cena taking hogans place :lol: