Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Jushin Thunder Liger was announced for the NXT show in NY ,SummerSlam weekend. HHH is going after the Smart Mark crowd hard.

It's generally not the nicest thought to think to the McMahon family, but I'm trying to imagine the changes WWE will go through when Vince dies and H takes over.

Jushin Thunder Liger was announced for the NXT show in NY ,SummerSlam weekend. HHH is going after the Smart Mark crowd hard.

It's generally not the nicest thought to think to the McMahon family, but I'm trying to imagine the changes WWE will go through when Vince dies and H takes over.

At the end of the day though,WWE answer to their advertisers. They know they've got old fans like us locked in no matter what. In order to bring back those millions who stopped watching once ECW/WCW were gone,you'd need a true competitor to WWE (not likely) or another mainstream breakout star like The Rock or Stone Cold. Vince may live another 20-30 years so HHH might not potentially take over until he is in his mid 60's. Let that one sink in.

I knew that Powell was a Guns fan, but just seen this listed as part of a joke for the prowrestling.net predictions for the Battleground preshow.

"-Axl Rose shows up in St. Louis. "Thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home," Rose tells Renee Young in an interview before slamming the mic down. A riot breaks out. Brock Lesnar suplexes 85 fans and quickly restores order. Rose introduces Lesnar as the replacement for guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal in GNR.

-Hulk Hogan will claim on Monday that he auditioned to be the replacement for bass player Duff McKagan before Tommy Stinson landed the GNR gig."

http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Powell-s-WWE-Battleground-spoiler-free-predictions-Seth-Rollins-vs.-Brock-Lesnar-for-the-WWE-World-Heavyweight-Championship-John-Cena-vs.-Kevin-Owens-for-the-U.S.-Championship-new-bold-predictions-section-43199

What was the point in that ending

Seriously, why do we need to see Undertaker get his win back over Lesnar

This. And they just flipped lesnar face. So hes back to heel already?

Cool to see Taker back I guess since he's most likely retiring after WrestleMania. But I don't like the booking so much.

the whole Undertaker / Lesnar thing is fucking dumb IF it's just for Taker to get revenge and geta w n over Lesnar. It would make Lesnar breaking the streak so incredibly pointless. If Brock goes on to beat Taker again then fine that's fine although incredibly redundant and lessens Taera bit too much in my opinion. the whole thing is fucking dumb.

Also the idea of Wyatt vs Sting that's floatng around is stupid. Now Sting is either goingt o lose again or Wyatt's character The new face of evil" gets burried even more.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

I really don't get the Taker-Lesnar matchup here. Flipping Brock back to heel so fast is a bit too much, unless they're planning on not really making one of them a heel? Also not sure where this fits into any storyline other than Taker beating Lesnar at 'Mania to go out beating the guy who broke the streak. I must admit, I think that would be a way better match than Taker-Sting, but still not sure it gives Brock enough of a progression from here.

Even worse if it's just part of an angle to lead up to Taker vs Sting at WM32

I haven't read or talked to anyone who still wants to see that match.

Based on that alone I'm convinced wwe will run with that match.

I don't want to see it. Sting in WWE actually sucks because I don't want him going over anybody and having him lose sucks. Sting should NOT beat Undertaker so the only other alternative is for Sting to be 0-2 at Wrestlemania. Maybe he could start the revrse streak. It's actually just stupid having Sting in WWE at this point in the game.

awful ppv tbh, only decent match was cena-owens and it was easily the worst of their trilogy

lesnar-rollins was fucking pathetic, just a 10 minute squash. why bother turning lesnar face if you're just going to turn him heel again a month later for this Taker feud?

Lesnar-Taker is awful for many reasons. Even if Taker wins, he doesn't get the streak back, all it does is make Brock look like a bitch. If Lesnar wins, cool, except he already did so in dominant fashion a year ago.

if this is all leading up to Sting-Taker it makes it all the more unfathomable a magnitude of shit.

EDIT: forgot about reigns-wyatt, that was probably match of the night tbh

EDIT2: The only way I can get behind all of this Taker shit is if Rollins gets involved. Triple threat with those three would be interesting.

Edited by bacardimayne

awful ppv tbh, only decent match was cena-owens and it was easily the worst of their trilogy

lesnar-rollins was fucking pathetic, just a 10 minute squash. why bother turning lesnar face if you're just going to turn him heel again a month later for this Taker feud?

Lesnar-Taker is awful for many reasons. Even if Taker wins, he doesn't get the streak back, all it does is make Brock look like a bitch. If Lesnar wins, cool, except he already did so in dominant fashion a year ago.

if this is all leading up to Sting-Taker it makes it all the more unfathomable a magnitude of shit.

EDIT2: The only way I can get behind all of this Taker shit is if Rollins gets involved. Triple threat with those three would be interesting.

Taker has Brock beat, clean, center of the ring. The lights go out. Sting screws Taker with a bat. Sting-Taker for Mania.

You heard it here first ladies and gentlemen!

Taker has Brock beat, clean, center of the ring. The lights go out. Sting screws Taker with a bat. Sting-Taker for Mania.

And who do you pick to win? Surely it would have to be the most outcome of all time. No way Taker goes for back to back WM losses. So Sting gets the big fat goose egg 0-2. Sting sucks. His gimmick doesn't work in this era and he's so out of place in this era of WWE.

And who do you pick to win? Surely it would have to be the most outcome of all time. No way Taker goes for back to back WM losses. So Sting gets the big fat goose egg 0-2. Sting sucks. His gimmick doesn't work in this era and he's so out of place in this era of WWE.
It doesn't matter. All the possible outcomes of the doom-scenario I just painted are absolutely shit. Which is why I believe Vince will go for it. Edited by username

That would've been considerably more exciting if we'd not seen Undertaker at Wrestlemania this year. It would've meant more, there would've been more excitement at 'Taker's new look. It's a weird one, who does Rollins face at Summerslam? I can't see them having Lesnar lose clean to Undertaker so you've got to assume Sting or someone gets involved. What's next for Owens? Cesaro? Ambrose?

Lots of questions to be answered. I've seen worse PPVs, I'd give it a 3/5. Interesting take if Undertaker is the acting heel. That said, they don't necessarily need a concrete face and heel for it, the match sells itself. No matter what they do support with be 50/50.

inb4 Rollins stole the urn

Edited by Conor