Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

I'm liking post-Mania Roman Reigns. He seems to be more relaxed and finding his own now that he's not being forced into some position he's not ready for.

They should have had him doing this all last year, I know his injury got in the way, but a lot of people were just annoyed that he had done nothing to deserve it. I have nothing against him, he's getting better given that he's been actually got the opportunity now. Even when he was getting the monster push, they booked him so horribly it was never going to succeed. Thought the Fatal-4-Way at Payback was one of his best performances to date.

I just don't like the fact that Cena came out and acted like he'd won the match, or that Owens cheated to win. I mean I get it, but it just seemed a bit odd. You'd expect Cena to have least said something like "Last night you got lucky, but I'll be even stronger next time" rather than berating him. It seemed out of character.

In other news, the end of the Austin Heyman podcast was wonderful. I was so outrageously worked.

Cena came out and BLATANTLY said he got beat and that Owens won. Cena readily admitted he lost fair and square haha. he came out after Owens's promo cut Cena to shit so cena's "berating" was in response to that and yet he still came out and said he flat out lost.

And I mean, just because he said the same anti Cena stuff, doesn't stop it from having a good ring of truth to it. It never will. Those are legitimate issues a lot of people have with Cena.

After all

☑ cue music

☑ smile at boos

☑ plug towel

☑ salute

☑ Shit myself and run to ring

☑ grab mic

☑ It's feisty here in ____

☑ lets go cena/cena sucks reference

☑ take off hat & scratch head to sell emotion

☑ pander to sick child/troop to get crowd on my side

☑ Undermine talent

☑ Shout champ is here

☑ cash paycheck

And just because there's a ring of truth to it doesn't mean that Cena didn't take Owen's promo and throw it right back in his face tenfold. Max Landis said there are those who boo Cena just because they think it's the cool thing to do........... There will always be people who won't admit anything Cena does is good. If you didn't know either Cena or Owens and you watched their promo on RAW it's VERY CLEAR Cena owned it. The only way a person could actually think Owens's promo was better is if they had a preexisting bias for Owens and against Cena.

Edited by Bono

So I'm hearing that Brock Lesnar is going to appear at a house show in Japan, wrestling Kofi Kingston? What in the living fuck?

What in the living fuck is right? That would be one of the dumbest fucking things in the history of wrestling haha.

I can't imagine it'll even be a real match

If you didn't know either Cena or Owens and you watched their promo on RAW it's VERY CLEAR Cena owned it. The only way a person could actually think Owens's promo was better is if they had a preexisting bias for Owens and against Cena.

It's just what creative had to write in order to continue the feud. They knew exactly what they were doing. And it's good for the company that the same old Cena-isms still work with the crowd.

Edited by moreblack

I can't imagine it'll even be a real match

If you didn't know either Cena or Owens and you watched their promo on RAW it's VERY CLEAR Cena owned it. The only way a person could actually think Owens's promo was better is if they had a preexisting bias for Owens and against Cena.

It's just what creative had to write in order to continue the feud. They knew exactly what they were doing. And it's good for the company that the same old Cena-isms still work with the crowd.

true but why doesn't Cena get credit for a good promo? Why is it given to creative but Owens is given credit for..... I have nothing against Owens I just felt it was obvious cena gave the better promo in that echange.

As long as he follows the checklist. JK, he looks like gold compared to people like Ryback, Seamus and Orton whenever they get time on the mic. Even guys like Bryan and Ziggler are just ok.

Bryan's only gonna cut one more promo in his career, and it will be real as fuck. He's rotten at kayfabe promos, but when he shoots his as good as it gets.

The Japan house shows are also going to have Balor vs. Jericho. I'd fucking kill for that.

As long as he follows the checklist. JK, he looks like gold compared to people like Ryback, Seamus and Orton whenever they get time on the mic. Even guys like Bryan and Ziggler are just ok.

Bryan's only gonna cut one more promo in his career, and it will be real as fuck. He's rotten at kayfabe promos, but when he shoots his as good as it gets.

The Japan house shows are also going to have Balor vs. Jericho. I'd fucking kill for that.

Prince Devitt(Balor) is the one that started the Bullet Club in NJPW. If Kenta can't compete, this guy's their returning prodigal son. I wouldn't doubt he'll find his way back to Japan once his WWE run is over.

Edited by moreblack

He won't go. They've offered him a contract multiple times for less than he was making in TNA.

But this is a new report from Meltzer. I think it's now or never for AJ. They want star power for NXT. AJ just said recently he'd do what's best for him and his family so I'm not saying WWE will break the bank for him but they know he won't take a basic deal that a kid who just wants his big break would take.