Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Finally releasing an Owen Hart DVD/Blu Ray.

he better get into the hall in 2016

What did he do other than die in public that was memorable though?

Owen was good in the ring, but I can't think of a single angle or moment that had everyone talking after a ppv.

Finally releasing an Owen Hart DVD/Blu Ray.

he better get into the hall in 2016
What did he do other than die in public that was memorable though?

Owen was good in the ring, but I can't think of a single angle or moment that had everyone talking after a ppv.

He beat Bret at WrestleMania X before Bret went on to win the title from Yokozuna. His cage match with Bret at Summerslam 1994 was memorable. Same with his feud with HBK/HHH after Bret left, shortly before he was put in the NoD.

I can't say I've ever really seen the appeal of the Owen. I've seen the best of his matches though, and they are great. It can always be odd watching back though as styles change so much over time, so outside of barely remembering him in 1998 I can't relate to what he was like at the time.

If Rikishi and The Bushwackers are in the HoF though, then Owen definitely deserves it. Like many I just think he's overrated in death, and you can hardly blame him for that.

• Like 1

bret/owen summerslam 1994 cage match for the wwf title is still one of my all time favorite matches. i really liked the stuff with bret/british bulldog and owen some great stuff.

Edited by bran

WWE has announced a second pay-per-view for the month of May and it will be a WWE Network exclusive event.

The event will see the return of the Elimination Chamber on Sunday, May 31st from Corpus Christi, Texas. This was previously a live event.

************************************************************************************************************************

WWE Intercontinental Champion Daniel Bryan announced on tonight's RAW from Cincinnati that he is relinquishing the title.

Bryan said he had a MRI last week and doctors do not know how long he will be out - it could be weeks, months or Bryan may never wrestle again.

Bryan noted that he has spent the past few weeks in and out of doctors offices and requested to come out on RAW to vacate the title.

The WWE's official hashtag is #ThankYouDaniel. This totally, totally sucks. If you ask me, I think he's getting the Stone Cold / Edge treatment. This feels too much like a preliminary "I'm done" than just relinquishing. I just hope that when they decide to make the final announcement, he gets the Edge farewell treatment and a proper sendoff. He's too damn talented, what a shame.

• Like 1

That really sucks regarding Bryan. Seems his 2014 injury was as bad as some thought.

I just hope we get one last major sendoff match. I'd kill for a Lesnar match but I can understand why it probably won't happen. :lol:

As for Elimination Chamber, I don't know what to think. It's cool that they're bringing these things back in some form, but it kind of cheapens the appeal of EC and KotR when they're relegated to 1 hour Network-exclusive specials. Would it kill them to make Raw interesting for once and have something like that happen on Raw?

It's a shame when even Bryan did get his moment's in the spotlight and he was beyond over;

- he immediately dropped the title to Orton a minute later, even after beating Cena clean. Their major plan after that was to job him out and then try to turn him heel with the Wyatts

- even after they were forced to change Wrestlemania plans last year, he wins the title and immediately begins a feud with fucking Kane for the 2000th time. Rey Mysterio was the only one I recall in recent history to get such a big push then immediately got such a terrible title reign.

- he get's injured before they can have him lose cleanly to Big Show/Mark Henry ect last year. He returned at the start of this year majorly overly again after skipping surgery like they recommend, he then losses a few times cleanly and get's dumped out of the Rumble with a performance that in comparison makes Miz look like Hulk Hogan

- he losses cleanly to Reigns who was never going to get over to the extent they wanted him. He even cuts multiple promos making himself look stupid and putting over Reigns as being better than him

- they then decide that he's going to lose to put over Sheamus again at Wrestlemania, before the "smart fans" rebel

- they decide to mute his crowd reactions on TV before putting a guy with a recent history of injury problems in a ladder match

How much of it was his fault for not pushing for stuff? People like Austin, Punk, HBK, Bret, and Cena were never afraid to tell Vince and creative to shove it, if they think their plan sucks. That stuff goes a long way with Vince for whatever reason. And from hearing Bryan in interviews, he seemed like a real yes man that went along with whatever they said without question. He had to know how over he was, and what that could do for his stock in the pecking order, but he seems devoid of any real drive or ambition. If that's what he wants to be, then that's what they're gonna make him, crowd support or not.

How much of it was his fault for not pushing for stuff? People like Austin, Punk, HBK, Bret, and Cena were never afraid to tell Vince and creative to shove it, if they think their plan sucks. That stuff goes a long way with Vince for whatever reason. And from hearing Bryan in interviews, he seemed like a real yes man that went along with whatever they said without question. He had to know how over he was, and what that could do for his stock in the pecking order, but he seems devoid of any real drive or ambition. If that's what he wants to be, then that's what they're gonna make him, crowd support or not.

I agree. They were never going to fire him.

I remember a interview where Konaan said Michael's was a dick head, cause he once asked Rey Mysterio "if he liked jobbing" and said "that he shouldn't". Michael's for any of his faults at one point went out of his way to protect his character, there's no way he back in the 90's would agree to job to every upcoming midcarder cleanly every week to give them a rub or only wrestle the same person all the time. Austin/Taker weren't exactly different, it's just people don't draw attention to it and they didn't exactly bury people.

I'm huge Bryan fan, but I think he's a bit of a product of when a star comes along and there's no competition. Punk just complained alot, but he didn't exactly make a stand until it was too late.

I think Bryan is too much of a nice guy to go to Vince like that. All the people you mentioned (maybe not Cena, but he's been top dog for 10 years) are or were kinda assholes. You know damn well Punk is and HBK was as it's been well documented. I think Bryan was probably happy to just coast in WWE after paying his dues in the indies for so long.

• Like 1

It's a shame when even Bryan did get his moment's in the spotlight and he was beyond over;

- he immediately dropped the title to Orton a minute later, even after beating Cena clean. Their major plan after that was to job him out and then try to turn him heel with the Wyatts

- even after they were forced to change Wrestlemania plans last year, he wins the title and immediately begins a feud with fucking Kane for the 2000th time. Rey Mysterio was the only one I recall in recent history to get such a big push then immediately got such a terrible title reign.

- he get's injured before they can have him lose cleanly to Big Show/Mark Henry ect last year. He returned at the start of this year majorly overly again after skipping surgery like they recommend, he then losses a few times cleanly and get's dumped out of the Rumble with a performance that in comparison makes Miz look like Hulk Hogan

- he losses cleanly to Reigns who was never going to get over to the extent they wanted him. He even cuts multiple promos making himself look stupid and putting over Reigns as being better than him

- they then decide that he's going to lose to put over Sheamus again at Wrestlemania, before the "smart fans" rebel

- they decide to mute his crowd reactions on TV before putting a guy with a recent history of injury problems in a ladder match

Most of this is either flat out wrong or dirtshit speculation at best.

Most of this is either flat out wrong or dirtshit speculation at best.

Feel free to enlighten.

How do you know the major plan was to job Bryan out after his first title feud? Clickbait dirtshit.

How do you know they were "forced to change Wrestlemania plans" last year? Because some dirtshit had a different card 4 months in advance and CM Punk said something on his whinecast? lol

What makes you think he was going to job cleanly to Big Show and Henry as WWE Champion?

Where was it said that WWE forced/encouraged Bryan to skip surgery and come back?

Once again, how do you know they changed the Wrestlemania card because "smart fans" rebelled? Is there any actual evidence that they were going with Bryan vs Sheamus outside of dirtshit? You probably think Roman was going to win until the smarks rebelled, and that Lesnar was seriously considering a UFC return. :lol:

"Oh us smarks always saving the day from Vince and his shitty Mania cards." :rofl-lol:

Edited by bacardimayne

I mean, I do think the WWE breeds a culture where, until you are truly untouchable, you are too scared to say anything that would ruffle feathers. There's a lot from Punk's story that I have a rough time believing, but I fully expect he's right that you're looking at a locker room full of guys who know that they need to toe the line or risk their jobs most of the time. It's not like there's a serious competitor out there to keep making that kind of money or getting that kind of exposure with (though hopefully Corgan can get TNA turned around and back to where it was in its prime or better). So to the extent tat Bryan wasn't willing to ask for stuff, I expect that combo of loyalty to and fear of the WWE had a lot to do with it.

Now that said, Apollo I highly encourage that you listen to Bryan's interview on Talk Is Jericho. Sheds a lot of light on exactly what was happening at the time. It didn't sound to me like the pressure not to get the surgery was coming anywhere but from himself.