Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

if hogan wins the wwe title at wrestlemania 32.......

Why would that even be considerd or brought up as a topic? There isn't talk of that is there?

yeah hogan reportedly told vince he wants one more run as champion.

“In my world and if you’re in my brain right now, I’m looking at WrestleMania next year at AT&T Stadium. I’m looking at the WWE breaking my indoor attendance record of 93,000-plus at the stadium where the Cowboys play. Put that ring in the middle of the field and load that football field up with people, you’re going to put over 100,000 in there. So in my mind, it would make sense to have a world title match, my next run start there or my retirement match happen there. If you’re in my brain you’re thinking oh my God, I better be ready just in case they let me do it.”
Edited by bran

Ugh. Him having another title run would be dumb as fuck. He should do a retirement match.

Cena vs Hogan - Imagine the BOOOOOS if it was Cena to end Hogan's career :lol:

Brock vs Stone Cold - The match would sell itself - Brock wins though obviously

HHH vs The Rock - Great rivalry, great build up, nobody to put over but HHH is the man in the company so he gets the win.

Undertaker vs Sting - Just the "dream match" I suppose. I'd pick Undertaker to win but poor Sting would be 0-2 in WM matches.

those may not be the most appealing in ring matches but they'd make for great personality matches and great build ups.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

if hogan wins the wwe title at wrestlemania 32.......

I think it'd be sweet. It'd be killer if they had him just running over all contenders in squash matches a year or two after that. Have him unify all the titles and then retire in sheer dominance and glory. I think it would put wrestling back on the map.

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

I unironically want Hogan vs Cena, but the rest of your card would be awful, Bono. Cena the only active wrestler in the top 4 matches?

You're insane if you don't think Rock vs HHH, Taker vs Sting and Stone Cold vs Brock wouldn't make for an amazing lead up to WM. That's my point. It would be so good the actual matches at WM could be them playing chekcers for all anyone would care. You'd still have all your other current guys to put on the 5 star matches. I didn't pick these matches for their PWI match of the year potential. I picked them for the characters and the potential build ups that would be potentially the best lead in to WM ever.

I unironically want Hogan vs Cena, but the rest of your card would be awful, Bono. Cena the only active wrestler in the top 4 matches?

I want Hogan-Cena too. And want Hogan to win. Cena can take it without looking too weak and Hogan gets one last moment of glory. Also, nobody with a future has to job Hogan or cenawinslol.

You're insane if you don't think Rock vs HHH, Taker vs Sting and Stone Cold vs Brock wouldn't make for an amazing lead up to WM.

The correct response here would have been:

• Like 1

Taker Sting I can take or leave. HHH Rock I really just wouldn't be interested, I'd rather see Rock face a guy he's never faced than rehash a feud from 16 years ago. Brock vs Austin would be wonderful but I have doubts on if Austin can still go, and Brock isn't exactly the safest worker.

Also if Hogan does get another title run, I think he should go heel again and do it under the Hollywood moniker. Hell I'd be way more down for a complete rehash of the entire nWo- Hall, Nash, Waltman, the works. I could genuninely swallow that as the prevalent narrative than I can this bogus, overly scripted, uncreative, and trivial bullshit they've been pushing for the past decade or so. Its so garbage that its insulting...or maybe I just have a personal problem. Where are the people who actually dig the current day product? Its just seems so force-fed. I guess its just the prevalent trend in the world- where so many industries have been monopolized and any competition is eliminated by the regulation of one (or a few) dominant companies. I think that's what's really behind the poor product- zero competition creates the breeding ground for devolution.

Also if Hogan does get another title run, I think he should go heel again and do it under the Hollywood moniker. Hell I'd be way more down for a complete rehash of the entire nWo- Hall, Nash, Waltman, the works. I could genuninely swallow that as the prevalent narrative than I can this bogus, overly scripted, uncreative, and trivial bullshit they've been pushing for the past decade or so. Its so garbage that its insulting...or maybe I just have a personal problem. Where are the people who actually dig the current day product? Its just seems so force-fed. I guess its just the prevalent trend in the world- where so many industries have been monopolized and any competition is eliminated by the regulation of one (or a few) dominant companies. I think that's what's really behind the poor product- zero competition creates the breeding ground for devolution.

Yeah they've pretty much been repeating WCW's mistakes since they bought them out. Less than a year after they became the wrestling monopoly they had Rio Flair and Hulk Hogan in main event positions and were bringing back over the hill guys like Nash and Steiner to fill in spots that should have belonged to budding new stars.

In the entire 2002-2013 era, how many big stars were made? Cena, Orton, Lesnar, Punk, Bryan (as much as they didn't want to)? Edge if he counts? All while relying on the part timers for the big paydays and not making any new stars. As far as the current prospects go, I see Rollins and Ambrose making it big. Reigns will flop. I doubt Zayn and Neville will amount to anything and Ziggler is forever midcard.

Edited by bacardimayne

Batista.

Owens will make it. Maybe Itami and Balor, too.

I feel Owens and Balor will definitely make it big. I kinda don't want any of the NXT guys to get the call up. I'm loving NXT right now, I feel once they lose guys like Itami, Owens, Zayne, Breeze, etc. it's just not going to be as good. I don't want to see them get called up and be lost in the shuffle on the main roster.

Why they will keep Ziggler as a mid card forever I'll never understand. Sure he can tone it down just a bit on the selling but he's amazing everywhere else.

Owens will make it. Maybe Itami and Balor, too.

I'd put a cheeky tenner on Itami and Balor never becoming world champions.

Itami I agree with, Balor's too good to ignore. Though it could just be a MITB quick month, but still. If there were still two world titles I'd say definitely.

On a side note, state of WWE is much better than it was this time last year.

Just finished listening to the Jericho podcast with Billy Corgan, really excited to see what he brings to the table

Have yet to listen to that one.

He can't make it any worse. I dunno, finally got a cable package that gets TNA. Tried watching it 2 weeks now and for some reason it just isn't pulling me in.

Just finished listening to the Jericho podcast with Billy Corgan, really excited to see what he brings to the table

Have yet to listen to that one.

He can't make it any worse. I dunno, finally got a cable package that gets TNA. Tried watching it 2 weeks now and for some reason it just isn't pulling me in.

Last two weeks have been quite poor to be frank