Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Half of what he says is a work. Ziggler is a internet darling who tries to get over by overselling/bumping and saying things on twitter. Reality is he's not on the level of a Punk/Bryan who he's trying to emulate half the time, getting pops from hardcore is one thing... however he's been a midcard jobber for most of his career.

He's basically a better Billy Gunn. Billy Gunn won King of The Ring once in 99 back when King of the Ring meant something, but it never meant anything that year because he's the one who won it. Ziggler is a former world champion, do the majority of people remember anything about either of his reigns anything past a minute of the one on the post Wrestlemania Raw a few years ag?

A few moments here and there that never meant anything afterwards are all that separates him from Kofi Kingston.

Edited by AtariLegend

So Nash claims in a recent interview that undertaker was insanely close to signing with WCW.

We had Taker close. All of a sudden he wasnt the Deadman. He became the American Badass for a reason. That Deadman wasnt going to fin come to WCW. He would have been the biker character and gone by Mark Calaway.

All along, I was trying to get guys money, I was trying to get guys paid. And what happened was Vince started giving huge guarantees to the Shawns and Undertakers and those guys and said, I cant lose my core guys.

Guys delusional. Taker became the American badass in 2000, who in the right mind would jump to WCW at that time? Just doesn't make sense IMO. That, and I don't u see stand how he "became the biker" for WCW since the deadman wouldn't be in WCW...then why keep the biker gimmick in WWF? Just doesn't make sense. Lolnash

I think they need to go back to being a legitimate sport.

Like I said, NJPW.
What's a good starting point for a new viewer?
I started with last year's Wrestle Kingdom 9 which, to their credit they brought JR and Matt Striker to do English commentary, they do a killer job of introducing the new viewer to the product. Then there's all the crossover shows with ROH. War Of The Worlds being the biggest one they've done. But this May they've got some more cross promotion stuff going on called Global Wars.

Nice. Thanks for tip:)

Here are my predictions for the WWE Extreme Rules Pay Per View: There will be nothing Extreme about it. Also it will most likely suck. During some of the boring parts,the Chicago crowd will chant for CM Punk. Young Marks at the show will say how awesome it was while older,jaded Marks like myself will say it sucks. As far as winners,I'll go with New Day,Ambrose,Sheamus,Nikki Bella,Barrett,Reigns,Cena and Rollins.

• Like 2

Here are my predictions for the [/colorWWE Extreme Rules Pay Per View: There will be nothing Extreme about it. Also it will most likely suck. During some of the boring parts,the Chicago crowd will chant for CM Punk. Young Marks at the show will say how awesome it was while older,jaded Marks like myself will say it sucks. As far as winners,I'll go with New Day,Ambrose,Sheamus,Nikki Bella,Barrett,Reigns,Cena and Rollins.

How many "this is awesome!/this is wrestling/ECW!!" chants will there be?

PPV was better than I expected. I give it a C-. Show /Reigns was better than I thought it'd be.

So they are bringing back King Of The Ring this week,I guess and having matches on RAW and the finals Tuesday night on the Network. Without knowing the participants I guess Ryback,Sheamus ,Ziggler and Wyatt would all have to be favorites.

I don't watch Lucha Underground much. I think that's gonna change...

It was absolutely insane, I had to rewind it and watch it again because I couldnt quite believe what had happened, even Ivelisse looks shocked by it!

Edited by sturginho

rusev is going to get buried wyatt and barrett style.

corgan in tna? cant make the show any worse maybe he will bring some fresh ideas to wrestling.

as for the ppv, i give it a D+. the ending to the main event was retarded, but that tag team match i thought was excellent.

Edited by bran

All I got from RAW tonight was more and more I think the Bella twins are both really hot and that elf from Lord of the Rings who flys through the air is pretty cool.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1