Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

The Austin/Heyman podcast after Raw was probably one of the most entertaining things so far this year on the Network, definitely one of the best podcasts WWE has sponsored.

Glad Jericho got the boot and Austin was brought back to host them.

I only had time to watch up to the Owens / Cena promo tonight. I'm not a cena fan but he owned Owens and he made it very clear Owens needs to work on his charisma. Owens is alright but he totally lacks charisma on the mic. It's like a guy reading lines(I know he's not) and Cena just owned it.

Must have been watching a different promo than I was.

What did Owens say that was so great? He just rambeld of a bunch of Cena cliches and came across whiney ala CM Punk. It was nothing special. There was no emotion behind it or anything. He sounds like a guy trying to be cool and fails. I felt this way when he was in ROH too. He's good in the ring but he lacks any real charisma on the mic. Everything he said Cena had great comebacks for and turned it back on Owens. I'm not a Cena fan at all but he owned that segment and Owens was just meh.

the owens/cena match and the rumble triple threat are my neck and neck wwe matches of the year so far, both were fantastic.

i still cant believe goldbergs mini me won the IC title.

Granted I didn't grow up watching Goldberg, but from what I've seen (his WWE run and the supposed highlights of his WCW days), I'd take Ryback 10 times over him.

the owens/cena match and the rumble triple threat are my neck and neck wwe matches of the year so far, both were fantastic.

Granted I didn't grow up watching Goldberg, but from what I've seen (his WWE run and the supposed highlights of his WCW days), I'd take Ryback 10 times over him.
Goldberg was amazing until his first loss. As a kid, I completely marked out when he beat Raven for the US title and later Hogan for the world title. He never put on great matches and WCW did not do a great job building him, it was just a very happy accident and WCW ran with it. It happened and it was awesome. But again, that's from the perspective of a 14 year old me. Objectively and now, I'd agree with you. Edited by username

Oh man I was never a Goldberg fan but he's a million times better than 'Feed me More!". Ryback is as lame as it gets in my opinion haha.

• Like 1

What did Owens say that was so great? He just rambeld of a bunch of Cena cliches and came across whiney ala CM Punk. It was nothing special. There was no emotion behind it or anything. He sounds like a guy trying to be cool and fails. I felt this way when he was in ROH too. He's good in the ring but he lacks any real charisma on the mic. Everything he said Cena had great comebacks for and turned it back on Owens. I'm not a Cena fan at all but he owned that segment and Owens was just meh.

Sounded like the same Cena promo we've heard over and over for a decade.

Owens vs Cena was my match of the year so far

Even better than the Rumble triple threat?
I'd forgotten about that for some reason. I think that was more exciting as a match, but I was more impressed by Owens' offence (despite seeing a good few of his matches before) than anyone else's across both matches. As moreblack said, same conversation certainly. They're both good 4.5s to me.

Sounded like the same Cena promo we've heard over and over for a decade.

Owens was the same old tired anti Cena promo we've been hearing for a decade that's been regurgitated by everyone that's ever fueded with Cena. There was nothing original about Owen's promo other than maybe the part about his kid. At least Cena had passion behind his and in the end he turned what Owens said around on him. Cena won that promo exchange hands down.

Owens is gonna be another CM Punk. Great in the ring and incredibly overrated on the mic, yet people will cream their pants whenever he opens his mouth so no real justified reason. I can see it.

Edited by Bono

I just don't like the fact that Cena came out and acted like he'd won the match, or that Owens cheated to win. I mean I get it, but it just seemed a bit odd. You'd expect Cena to have least said something like "Last night you got lucky, but I'll be even stronger next time" rather than berating him. It seemed out of character.

In other news, the end of the Austin Heyman podcast was wonderful. I was so outrageously worked.

Edited by Conor

And I mean, just because he said the same anti Cena stuff, doesn't stop it from having a good ring of truth to it. It never will. Those are legitimate issues a lot of people have with Cena.

After all

☑ cue music

☑ smile at boos

☑ plug towel

☑ salute

☑ Shit myself and run to ring

☑ grab mic

☑ It's feisty here in ____

☑ lets go cena/cena sucks reference

☑ take off hat & scratch head to sell emotion

☑ pander to sick child/troop to get crowd on my side

☑ Undermine talent

☑ Shout champ is here

☑ cash paycheck

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

No, just to give Cena back the win probably (see Rusev and Wyatt feuds). I'm more interested how Joe will factor into things, can't think he'll keep his hands off Owens until after the PPV.

But for now it's a pretty big starting point in the main roster for KO

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 2