Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

That would've been considerably more exciting if we'd not seen Undertaker at Wrestlemania this year. It would've meant more, there would've been more excitement at 'Taker's new look. It's a weird one, who does Rollins face at Summerslam? I can't see them having Lesnar lose clean to Undertaker so you've got to assume Sting or someone gets involved. What's next for Owens? Cesaro? Ambrose?

Lots of questions to be answered. I've seen worse PPVs, I'd give it a 3/5. Interesting take if Undertaker is the acting heel. That said, they don't necessarily need a concrete face and heel for it, the match sells itself. No matter what they do support with be 50/50.

inb4 Rollins stole the urn

A lot of the best characters in wrestling constantly played jump-rope with the face-heel line. The guys who were sort of both at once. Brock is in that position too. Austin and Rock are other good examples.

You lot are cynical, Taker jobbed clean multiple times to Taker when he was full time years ago. They're not going to have Taker beat Lesnar clean, if taker wins at all. Their idea of doing Taker/Lesnar again is because it's a draw and the crowd will be into it, doubt they thought past it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sting wrestles someone else at Summerslam and jobs, Sting/Taker doesn't exactly need a 7 month build up.

That would've been considerably more exciting if we'd not seen Undertaker at Wrestlemania this year. It would've meant more, there would've been more excitement at 'Taker's new look. It's a weird one, who does Rollins face at Summerslam? I can't see them having Lesnar lose clean to Undertaker so you've got to assume Sting or someone gets involved. What's next for Owens? Cesaro? Ambrose?

Lots of questions to be answered. I've seen worse PPVs, I'd give it a 3/5. Interesting take if Undertaker is the acting heel. That said, they don't necessarily need a concrete face and heel for it, the match sells itself. No matter what they do support with be 50/50.

A lot of the best characters in wrestling constantly played jump-rope with the face-heel line. The guys who were sort of both at once. Brock is in that position too. Austin and Rock are other good examples.

The best was when HBK ws 100% face in the United States and 100% heel in Canada and outside the States, while Bret Hart was the exact opposite. That was a time when even fans of the specific wrestler became torn based on where they lived. HBK was by far my favourite of the two but it beceam hard for me to get behind the American boy and I found myself cheering for Bret at times. Such a unique and awesome time.

The best was when HBK ws 100% face in the United States and 100% heel in Canada and outside the States, while Bret Hart was the exact opposite. That was a time when even fans of the specific wrestler became torn based on where they lived. HBK was by far my favourite of the two but it beceam hard for me to get behind the American boy and I found myself cheering for Bret at times. Such a unique and awesome time.
How many Vince McMahons does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Vince didn't screw the lightbulb. The lightbulb screwed the lightbulb. :D

If I'm booking WM32, it's a casket match and taker loses, no matter who he fights. More specifically, as he's about to get rolled into the casket, the lights go out, then come back up and the casket and taker are gone, possibly with an urn in the middle of the ring. Let him go out with some of that spooky mistique.

Edited by axlslash

How many Vince McMahons does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Vince didn't screw the lightbulb. The lightbulb screwed the lightbulb. :D

If I'm booking WM32, it's a casket match and taker loses, no matter who he fights. More specifically, as he's about to get rolled into the casket, the lights go out, then come back up and the casket and taker are gone, possibly with an urn in the middle of the ring. Let him go out with some of that spooky mistique.

Yes and no. One on had yes, on the other hand I kind of feel he deserves a. a clean win and b. a moment in the spotlight to say goodbye. But maybe I'm just being sentimental.

Maybe have Taker beat whoever he's wrestling and then have him go in the casket himself, closes it and then the lights and urn thing? I mean, if nobody is getting a clean win here, let's at least have him go on his own terms. It just doesn't feel right the way you said it.

Yes and no. One on had yes, on the other hand I kind of feel he deserves a. a clean win and b. a moment in the spotlight to say goodbye. But maybe I'm just being sentimental.

Maybe have Taker beat whoever he's wrestling and then have him go in the casket himself, closes it and then the lights and urn thing? I mean, if nobody is getting a clean win here, let's at least have him go on his own terms. It just doesn't feel right the way you said it.

If it were anyone else, I'd want a clean win and in-ring celebration type of setup. But the whole Undertaker character (at least in this incarnation) is sort of an ageless superhuman deadman, and I feel like directly acknowledging his age or the fact that he's retiring is just breaking kayfabe from this character too much. If he just does his big disappearing act, they can at least make it "he disappeared and never came back" instead of "he's retiring."

I'd like to think that the Undertaker attacked Lesnar because "Lesnar broke Kane's ankle."

Where they go from here? I'm not looking forward to finding out.

Taker will be on Raw tonight, if I'm not mistaken, so I expect the show will include an explanation, and hopefully clarify whether we're supposed to think Taker is heel, face, or just kinda there.

I like the idea of Taker disappearing better too. I don't think the fans nor Taker himself need that farwell win. he can go out on a loss. It's kinda sad ina way that Brock already beat the streak. Would've been nicer to have Brock, if it had to be him blast through the roster a bit more and then beat Taker either this year or next year. But really none of us know how many more WM Taker has. That's the key right there. If they knew that they could book it properly. They'll fuck it up I bet.

The only wrestler to ever really go out the proper wayand on his own terms in my opinion is Shawn Michaels. It was almost a perfect ending for him. I hope he never comes back. He's the one guy who's done it right.

I like the idea of Taker disappearing better too. I don't think the fans nor Taker himself need that farwell win. he can go out on a loss. It's kinda sad ina way that Brock already beat the streak. Would've been nicer to have Brock, if it had to be him blast through the roster a bit more and then beat Taker either this year or next year. But really none of us know how many more WM Taker has. That's the key right there. If they knew that they could book it properly. They'll fuck it up I bet.

The only wrestler to ever really go out the proper wayand on his own terms in my opinion is Shawn Michaels. It was almost a perfect ending for him. I hope he never comes back. He's the one guy who's done it right.

I'm still mad at Flair for having other matches after his retirement match with Shawn at Mania.

Nothing wrong with a champion vs. champion match. Cena is a pretty logical next step for Rollins. I mean where does he go after surviving (using wrestling logic) a title feud with Lesnar?

Sheamus winning money in the bank is the only reason you should fear Cena "maybe" taking the title off Rollins.

Nothing wrong with a champion vs. champion match. Cena is a pretty logical next step for Rollins. I mean where does he go after surviving (using wrestling logic) a title feud with Lesnar?

Sheamus winning money in the bank is the only reason you should fear Cena "maybe" taking the title off Rollins.

But I thought the plan was to do Cena dropping the US title to Owens at Summerslam. Surely they won't have Cena be in 2 title matches at Summerslam. ..

Taker vs lesnar to me is still a big fat "MEH" even after RAW.

I don't know why but for some reason Cena is winning me over. I'm starting to really like his promos for some reasons. I thought the killed it vs Rollins on RAW the other night. It's like Cena is allowing his ld cocky thug nation guy to peak out a little tiny bit. Cena could still ahve a great run as a heel if they'd let it happen. Does anyone maybe feel liek Cena has too much pride in his character now though to ever go heel. Kinda like how Bret hart bought inot his character and hated the fact he went heel?

But I thought the plan was to do Cena dropping the US title to Owens at Summerslam. Surely they won't have Cena be in 2 title matches at Summerslam. ..

Cena merch sales dropped after Owens beat him the first time, so they pulled the plug and had Cena win the feud. Rumor has it the same thing happened with the Rusev/Cena feud.