Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

reigns vs ambrose vs lesnar at fastlane.

Wyatt screws Brock, Reigns wins. Durr

Was about to post the same.

The interesting thing is if they'll make sure Ambrose is out before the Wyatt's taking out Lesnar, or that they'll go with an Ambrose-Reigns thing. Maybe turn someone? I think I'd prefer heel-Reigns over face-Reigns.

I think they'll backtrack and make the Mania match a triple threat too if they are going to stick with Triple H/Reigns.

They'll figure out that they'll need at least one face in the main event, just like when they tried to Orton vs. Batista a few years ago. I wouldn't be shocked if Ambrose leaves mania as the champion, because they booked themselves into a corner.

reigns vs ambrose vs lesnar at fastlane.

Wyatt screws Brock, Reigns wins. Durr

Was about to post the same.

The interesting thing is if they'll make sure Ambrose is out before the Wyatt's taking out Lesnar, or that they'll go with an Ambrose-Reigns thing. Maybe turn someone? I think I'd prefer heel-Reigns over face-Reigns.

Reigns will never turn heel. Just like Cena, he got over as a heel and now he's going to spend the next 10 years shitting everything up as a cookie cutter face, but without the good matches.

Ambrose turning heel is something I could see, but I'm not sure how they'd work it into a match result where Reigns goes over.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ambrose leaves mania as the champion, because they booked themselves into a corner.

I would like that. They're definitely keeping him in the picture for it. Which is surprising because of Vince's boner over Reigns. I'd be pleasently surprised if Ambrose wins at Fast Lane.

But still, that would probably mean him turning heel and screwing Reigns after the Wyatt's take out Brock.

I can't see them doing a triple threat either, because it makes no sense for heel trips to book himself against two faces who are friends.

anyone watch TNA lately? i completely stopped watching it when they switched to Destination America.... I'm thinking about going and watching all of last year when i can. Never understood why people stopped liking TNA around 2010.. To me TNA and ROH were the closest you could get to having an Indy show on your TV. Theres also none of that bullshit zooming in on shit every time someone does some crazy shit and fucking up the camera angle...

Yeah I still watch on a weekly basis, I certainly wouldn't recommend watching through the whole year as 2015 was a particularly bad year for TNA, there were some great matches and moments of brilliance (particularly in the first half of the year) but the bad stuff really outweighed the good. If you want to seek out some individual matches I'd recommend the following:

EC3 vs Rockstar Spud from Wembley

Lashley vs Kurt Angle for the WHC (also from Wembley)

Best of 5 tag series between the Wolves and the Dirty Heels (all 5 matches were good as you'd expect with the guys involved, but match 2 was incredible)

Magnus vs James Storm and Richards vs Aries from Slammiversary were also pretty good

Smith Hart:

31 mins

I just got off the phone with my brother Bret, who called to wish me well. In talking to Bret, I can confirm that WWE will NOT be inducting Owen, Davey, Blue Blazer or even as Bret and I suggested, of inducting the entire Hart Foundation as a unit this year in Dallas for their fictional Hall of Fame. This once again proves that WWE's Hall of Fame is nothing more than profiteering, grandstanding and political BS. It's a shame, not only for the fans that still fill my inbox annually holding hope, but also for WWE as the task of filling 100,000 plus into Jerry's world seems near impossible with their vastly depleted roster and horrible creative direction. A Hart Foundation induction on its own would not fill the stadium, but I'm sure would help more than the proposed inductions of The Godfather, Jacqueline or JBL (with all due respect). The reason given for the lack of an Owen induction is still our former Sister in law, Martha who still holds a grudge as if the tragedy happened days ago. Personally, I wouldn't blame Bret or anyone in my family if they boycotted this year's show.

How would it be any less profiteering to put Owen in and sell Network subscriptions using his name? I understand that the family is still bitter about Owen, and rightfully so, but I feel like WWE can do no right here.

Finally watched a bunch of Raw from last night. Say what you will about WWE creative, but how perfectly is Styles booked so far? He looked great in the Rumble, and last night against Y2J was spectacular. He was vintage Phenomenal One, and he brought out Jericho's best work in years. He gets the win, Jericho still goes over, and AJ gets introduced to the cable audience.

Teasing the Clash is goddamn genius. The crowd will pop so hard at Fast Lane when he finally hits it for the first time. I just love it.

Also, after seeing last night's opening, I understand more why HHH has the title. Story wise I don't love where it leaves them, but with Cena and Rollins out and Reigns still struggling to get over as champ, H makes sense as the champ who can put the company on his back. Don't love where they'll end up going, in all likelihood, but short term I get it.

Rock's promo was goofy and fun, and I LOVED the stop at gorilla position to address the TV audience and crowd. That back and forth with the New Day (I love their promos so much) was excellent.

A little disappointed though: Rock's wrestle mania match is gonna be as 1 of 3 people on a team in a 6-man tag? I know it's to put the Usos over, but do they really need it? I'd rather see Rock vs HHH, or Lesnar, or Undertaker, hell anyone really. But Rock should have someone going One On One With The Great One, not diluted in a tag match.

Say what you will about WWE creative, but how perfectly is Styles booked so far? He looked great in the Rumble, and last night against Y2J was spectacular. He was vintage Phenomenal One, and he brought out Jericho's best work in years. He gets the win, Jericho still goes over, and AJ gets introduced to the cable audience.

Teasing the Clash is goddamn genius. The crowd will pop so hard at Fast Lane when he finally hits it for the first time. I just love it.

Absolutely agreed. It fills me with fear about them cocking up though. So far it's absolutely spot-on.

Loving The Phenomenal One in WWE! Some of his matches with Joe and Daniels in TNA were absolutely amazing. Maybe there's another AJ-Joe program in the cards now too? Somewhere down the line?

I'd love to see him in an IC title picture too. Even at Mania. But I don't think there's time to take it off Ambrose before Mania.

Also, after seeing last night's opening, I understand more why HHH has the title. Story wise I don't love where it leaves them, but with Cena and Rollins out and Reigns still struggling to get over as champ, H makes sense as the champ who can put the company on his back. Don't love where they'll end up going, in all likelihood, but short term I get it.

I really wonder who they'll go with.. Ambrose or Reigns. Maybe they're opening their eyes to the reactions Reigns is getting? Maybe they'll keep both in the picture until Mania even? Just as a backup for a call they haven't made yet. Make it a triple threat? I could see either of them doing a heel turn too.

A little disappointed though: Rock's wrestle mania match is gonna be as 1 of 3 people on a team in a 6-man tag? I know it's to put the Usos over, but do they really need it? I'd rather see Rock vs HHH, or Lesnar, or Undertaker, hell anyone really. But Rock should have someone going One On One With The Great One, not diluted in a tag match.

I agree that it blows. But to be honest I can't think of any other program I'd want to see him in. So I'm ok with having him in a program I don't care about.

Also, is anybody else thinking they'll have either HBK or (probably even more likely) Austin referee the championship match at Mania?

• Like 1

Also, is anybody else thinking they'll have either HBK or (probably even more likely) Austin referee the championship match at Mania?

Austin to screw HHH or HBK to screw whoever is fighting HHH? Or just have them call it down the middle and be there for the sake of an apperance? Maybe a double guest referee somehow. It's Wrestlemania in Dallas, Texas. Somebody needs to get stunned and somebody needs to get hit with sweet chin music.

Smackdown taped tonight

AJ beat Curtis Axel, hit the Styles Clash. Guess they weren't holding it for the PPV after all. Interesting too that they've just gad AJ going against random dudes so far, and not really building a particular feud. AJ vs Owens seemed like a given after the Rumble.
  • Like 1

Smackdown taped tonight

AJ beat Curtis Axel, hit the Styles Clash. Guess they weren't holding it for the PPV after all. Interesting too that they've just gad AJ going against random dudes so far, and not really building a particular feud. AJ vs Owens seemed like a given after the Rumble.

Shame they wasted it on a half sold our crowd on smackdown though, where they'll overdub it with the crowd in a can sound

• Like 1

I'm missing the "he definitely should be but I have even less fate in WWE's booking than in Donald Trump being a good president" option.

Bumblefoot's creepy older brother is actually a pretty good wrestler, too.

Yeah
  • Like 1

i would love to see styles as champ

really fucking stupid they teased the styles clash, just to use it on smackdown of all fucking places
The only logic I see in it is that no one gives a fuck about smackdown and WWE knows fans read spoilers. Could possibly drum up viewers. Even so...

I watched the '92 Rumble last night and I'm watching the '93 Rumble now. It's amazing how much better things were back then.

Give me that over the stuff we have today any day of the week.

I forgot how great of an announce team that Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan were. The best.

Edited by The Real McCoy