Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Jacqueline

The Godfather

Regis Philbin

Had to google who Regis was, not sure about his connection to wrestling.

Godfather however? :P I know maybe Subtle will defend it, but is he really Hall of Fame material? He was a random mid carder who changed gimmick several times throughout his career. I guess it gives hope to Damien Sandow.

I can only assume Jacqueline was chosen because she's black. Jacky was as relevant to the women's division in the attitude era as Alicia Fox was to the current era, except Alicia got a bigger push. Most memorable thing about her run was wardrobe malfunctions :P.

Jacqueline

The Godfather

Regis Philbin

Had to google who Regis was, not sure about his connection to wrestling.

Godfather however? :P I know maybe Subtle will defend it, but is he really Hall of Fame material? He was a random mid carder who changed gimmick several times throughout his career. I guess it gives hope to Damien Sandow.

I can only assume Jacqueline was chosen because she's black. Jacky was as relevant to the women's division in the attitude era as Alicia Fox was to the current era, except Alicia got a bigger push. Most memorable thing about her run was wardrobe malfunctions :P.

Regis was guest host of Raw during that terrible era, and had a reasonably significant role in Wrestlemania VII. Still, I'd expect to see Lemmy get the nod in there.

As for Godfather, I think he deserves it. The problem is, with inducted 7+ people every year, they're fast running out of people to induct and may have to stoop a bit lower. That said, Godfather fits the bill perfectly well, in the same way I wasn't surprised to see Rikishi get in. As someone who portrayed Papa Shango, Kama Mustafa, The Godfather, in addition to being a member of Nation of Domination and Right To Censor, I don't see any issue with him being the lower-end inductee.

As for Jacqueline, two time champion and gave some credibility to women's wrestling at the time when it was started to move into the diva era. Plus, boobs. And there's the APA link, and she's the woman that needs to go in each year, and she's black so we can tick that as well :P There are certainly worse inductees, she fits the bill. The way things are going though, because of the way WWE works this Hall Of Fame, you'd expect to see half the roster go in. That's a problem itself, but based on their model, I don't think the inductees are all that surprising or offensive.

Except Philbin.

You think they'd be crazy enough to have Strowman win the Rumble (still by Trips screwing Reigns) and go with Trips-Reigns and then end on Braun-Brock for the title? Hell, Braun could even retain due to interference of the Wyatt family without making Brock look too weak.

It's a long shot, but from what I've heard Vince is pretty much micro-managing Strowman's booking and he's big on the guy.

Still though, where does having Braun as a top guy leave the Wyatt family as a stable? Bray-Braun feud post-mania?

I also still want Bryan-Styles. Maybe we can have the Bullet Club (with Balor? Dare to dream...) interfere and start a feud with that.

They removed Hogan?

Unless I missed it, they never removed him. Just removed references to him. Only Hogan claims he was removed, but everyone knows he'll be rehired. It'd be ridiculous to re-induct him.

Snucka was definitely removed though, they made a statement on that.

No Bryan tonight, however will the crowd accept Roman Reigns going over an hour or Triple H winning without shitting on the match like the past two years? Have they learned their lesson? I doubt it.

Edited by AtariLegend

Seth Rollins to win the Rumble.

Nah. Calling it now.

triple-h.jpeg?w=600

Imo, the worst possible option is to have Trips win and then face Reigns at Mania for the re-match. So that's what they're going with.

I mean, yeah. But I will absolutely die if the Rollins injury was somewhat worked (as in the severity of it), think my heart would explode if he came out. 99.9999% not happening though. We're all expecting HHH to come out at 30 (or even 31) and win, but I think as far as WWE is concerned that's the swerve. To be honest, I'd like to see some exciting entrants as much as anything else, because I think they're pretty much set on that terrible ending. Or even worse, Reigns wins from #1. If Reigns/HHH aren't winning, then I hope Reigns isn't eliminated last, as it'll make the final few really cool if you know there's going to be a new champion.

My biggest problem with this Rumble is even if Roman loses, he'll be in it until the end and he's number one. Have him enter number one and be eliminated before number 10 comes out.

They're missing an opportunity of having Lesnar be 1 or 2, then suplexing 29 people for an hour.

Edited by AtariLegend

I mean, yeah. But I will absolutely die if the Rollins injury was somewhat worked (as in the severity of it), think my heart would explode if he came out. 99.9999% not happening though. We're all expecting HHH to come out at 30 (or even 31) and win, but I think as far as WWE is concerned that's the swerve. To be honest, I'd like to see some exciting entrants as much as anything else, because I think they're pretty much set on that terrible ending. Or even worse, Reigns wins from #1. If Reigns/HHH aren't winning, then I hope Reigns isn't eliminated last, as it'll make the final few really cool if you know there's going to be a new champion.

I agree. Hell, I'd love Rollins coming out and winning. Or Byan or Styles for that matter. Any of that would be absolutely awesome. Which is why it won't happen, sadly.

They're missing an opportunity of having Lesnar be 1 or 2, then suplexing 29 people for an hour.

They're saving that for the diva's match. Lesner is going to do a run-in and suplex Becky, Charlotte and Ric 10 times each and take the belt.

Tonight is in Orlando. In theory apart from the night after Wrestlemania, this is the biggest pop AJ's ever going to get.

That said, is there anyone here expecting a TNA chant? I can't possibly imagine it.

I imagine Vince telling the announce team to wonder out loud why the crowd is chanting for tits n' ass.

• Like 2

Tonight is in Orlando. In theory apart from the night after Wrestlemania, this is the biggest pop AJ's ever going to get.

That said, is there anyone here expecting a TNA chant? I can't possibly imagine it.

I was going to make a joke about them frantically sending out Test, Trish, and Albert, then remembered Test is dead :( Fuck it, just use Big Cass. In reality though, I'd expect an awful of NXT chants, but not any TNA chants. Mostly because it's dreadful.

I hope Lesnar comes out early and Heyman sits on commentary for most of the match.

Edited by Conor