Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

I just want to see Lesnar vs Nakamura beat the absolute fuck out of each other.

I do too. Let's face it though, there's a 90% chance Nak will end up jobbing in pre show dark matchs and a 5% chance he'll get the Tyler Breeze treatment.

Remember Vince's justification for the Cesaro treatment despite the crowd reactions? "Maybe it's because he's Swizz".

Nak's probably fucked and even the Balor/Bullet Club ended up getting "The Shield" treatment, it's 3 fucking hours of Raw...

Edited by AtariLegend

Cesaro is boring as fuck. I think he should be a mid-carder who gets a lot of attention but let's not be silly here.

The only reason guys like Bryan or Benoit got showtime was because they had personality. No one gives a single fuck about technical wrestling.

Benoit had zero personality, he got showtime because he was the best wrestler on the roster by quite a way. I agree that Cesaro either needs to up his intensity in the ring, or get some personality, but to compare Benoit with Bryan in terms of personality is ridiculous.

Cesaro is boring as fuck. I think he should be a mid-carder who gets a lot of attention but let's not be silly here.

The only reason guys like Bryan or Benoit got showtime was because they had personality. No one gives a single fuck about technical wrestling.

Benoit had zero personality, he got showtime because he was the best wrestler on the roster by quite a way. I agree that Cesaro either needs to up his intensity in the ring, or get some personality, but to compare Benoit with Bryan in terms of personality is ridiculous.
Still though... Hennig, Malenko, Regal, Steamboat... All great technicians. All destined to be midcarders. And you could say the same about Benoit and Guererro aside from when they both won the gold at Mania. But for most of their careers? Midcard.

When I think of really good technical wrestlers that were also on top, I can only really think of Hart and Angle.

Point in case, even with great technique you still need to have at least some stand-out personality and preferably some mic skills to be on top. The other way around though... There have been so many top guys that were shit in the ring.

daniel bryan cleared by doctor at ucla

But not by the WWE doctor? My understanding is that he's been cleared by almost anyone except the E's doctor.

yeah i think so far 3 or 4 doctors have cleared him but the wwe doctor wont.

Whoah! Please tell me that's a few hours before showtime!

Also... Bryan as a surprise Rumble entry, wins the belt because Trips screws Reigns. At Mania it's

Bryan - ???

Trips - Reigns

Lesnar - ???

Taker - ???

Just to make it a bit of a card?

Another interesting thing.....

PWI says they've confirmed that AJ Styles will be a t the rumble. They also sya they don't know if he debuts or not.

Bryan - Styles for the belt at Mania? Pwetty pwetty pwease?

Whoah! Please tell me that's a few hours before showtime!

Also... Bryan as a surprise Rumble entry, wins the belt because Trips screws Reigns. At Mania it's

Bryan - ???

Trips - Reigns

Lesnar - ???

Taker - ???

Just to make it a bit of a card?

Another interesting thing.....

PWI says they've confirmed that AJ Styles will be a t the rumble. They also sya they don't know if he debuts or not.

Bryan - Styles for the belt at Mania? Pwetty pwetty pwease?

according to benjamin tucker of pwtorch the wwe tarped and curtained off huge sections of the arena and filled the camera side seats to give the illusion of a full house. tna when they went on the road would do the same thing.

i would love to see bryan/styles in a meaningful match for the belt but there is no way vince does that. if bryan ever does get cleared by the wwe doctor it wont be until mania.

according to benjamin tucker of pwtorch the wwe tarped and curtained off huge sections of the arena and filled the camera side seats to give the illusion of a full house. tna when they went on the road would do the same thing.

I've seen the same at some concerts where they just taped off the entire second ring of an arena. But either way, it still says a lot imo.

i would love to see bryan/styles in a meaningful match for the belt but there is no way vince does that. if bryan ever does get cleared by the wwe doctor it wont be until mania.

Yeah, Vince hates matches that people actually want to see almost as much as he hates good consistent booking.

Cena and WWE instagram posted an image of AJ Styles. Either we'll see it for sure or wwe is just jumping on some very cheap hype for nothing. Which would be dirty.

No way they do that without him under contract. I think they had Cena send out a photo of AJ because they have plans for him but the average WWE mark may have no clue who he is.

No thank you on Bray vs. Brock at Mania. Bray always losses big matches, I'd find it hard to take it seriously.

Even if it wasn't a sure Brock win, which it is. It would be an epic waste for Brock the guy who ended the streak to lose to someone who losses to all the other stars. At a random PPV is fine, not at Mania. Brock's the most over person on the roster despite the stupid booking and the biggest draw. He should be in the main event of that Mania regardless.

Really dreading this Sunday. Reigns entering first would be fine if it was a star studded match. It's just going to be a repeat of the last two Rumbles now only with Reigns in it the whole match with at least 27 midcarders (28 if no Triple H) and Brock.

Brock Lesnar © vs Roman Reigns - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

The Rock vs Triple H (Special Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin)

Undertaker vs Finn Balor
Bray Wyatt vs Kevin Owens

AJ Styles © vs Daniel Bryan - United States Championship

Dean Ambrose © vs Chris Jericho - Intercontinental Championship

New Day © vs The Usos vs Harper & Rowan - Tag Team Championship

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale

Charlotte © vs Becky Lynch vs Paige vs Sasha Banks - Divas Championship

Plausible yet tremendous card, so it won't happen.

Undertaker vs Finn Balor

That's pretty decent compared to the alternatives.

Undertaker vs Finn Balor

No offense, but the top of that card is shit. I really don't want to see Lesnar-Reigns. A I really don't care for it and b they might be stupid enough to book Reigns to win. Just have him beat Trips instead. It would make sense story-wise and that gets the Trips match out of the way too. Rock-Trips makes simply no sense. I mean, why? Because he picked on Rocky's nephew?

I like Taker-Balor, but it poses the problem that Taker deserves a win and it might be his last and Balor definitely shouldn't lose either. Part of me just wants to see Taker go out on a nostalgia-fest. Something with Kane and maybe Michaels. Either that, or he has to lose to a young fulltimer in an absolutely amazing match with someone WWE is dedicated to really push. That COULD be Balor. I'm just not sure if I want it. And I'm not sure if it's make sense after Lesnar already beat him. Maybe if he'd be very strongly booked leading up to Mania.

I also have a problem with Wyatt-Owens mostly because both of them need wins due to WWE's poor booking. Ad\nd I sort of want the Wyatt family to have a decent stable-feud. Bullet Club maybe? I can't really think of any other meaningful face faction.

Also, quite the multiple-diva matches. Just have Sasha vs Charlotte and Paige vs Becky or something. And for fucks sake, build it properly WWE. First rule of Diva's Revolution, do not talk about Diva's revolution. Just DO it instead by not consistantly booking them like it's High School Musical.

Undertaker vs Finn Balor

No offense, but the top of that card is shit. I really don't want to see Lesnar-Reigns. A I really don't care for it and b they might be stupid enough to book Reigns to win. Just have him beat Trips instead. It would make sense story-wise and that gets the Trips match out of the way too. Rock-Trips makes simply no sense. I mean, why? Because he picked on Rocky's nephew?

I like Taker-Balor, but it poses the problem that Taker deserves a win and it might be his last and Balor definitely shouldn't lose either. Part of me just wants to see Taker go out on a nostalgia-fest. Something with Kane and maybe Michaels. Either that, or he has to lose to a young fulltimer in an absolutely amazing match with someone WWE is dedicated to really push. That COULD be Balor. I'm just not sure if I want it. And I'm not sure if it's make sense after Lesnar already beat him. Maybe if he'd be very strongly booked leading up to Mania.

I also have a problem with Wyatt-Owens mostly because both of them need wins due to WWE's poor booking. Ad\nd I sort of want the Wyatt family to have a decent stable-feud. Bullet Club maybe? I can't really think of any other meaningful face faction.

Also, quite the multiple-diva matches. Just have Sasha vs Charlotte and Paige vs Becky or something. And for fucks sake, build it properly WWE. First rule of Diva's Revolution, do not talk about Diva's revolution. Just DO it instead by not consistantly booking them like it's High School Musical.

That's not even me posted a dream card, I think that's a very plausible route they may go with. Lesnar vs Reigns II might well happen, and I'd gladly take it over having to see Brock wasted on Braun fucking Strowman, or murdering Bray Wyatt. HHH vs Reigns is pish, because it's so god damn predictable and Triple H should not be in the main event of Wrestlemania in 2016 for the championship. It makes sense for Reigns to have his redemption against Lesnar. The Rock vs HHH has been hinted at for ages, they've done segments backstage and there's the big Ronda segment at the last Wrestlemania, it's been rumoured for ages. Throw into that the fact that it would be "The People vs The Authority" yadda yadda.

If Taker's going out, he should go out on his back. And he's old school, I'd be surprised if he agrees to go out with a win. As much as I like the story, Kane vs Undertaker has never been more than an acceptable match and I absolutely don't want to see it in 2016, nor do I want to see Michaels back. I'd be fine with the Wyatts being used for Bullet Club, but I can see Wyatt vs Owens as a "we don't know what to do with these guys but they'll put on a decent match", you're right about not knowing who wins. And the four-way Divas match does make sense, you have the four women who came in as the Divas Revolution, why not have a match? That's certainly not difficult to build.

Hall of Fame inductees allegedly leaked as well:-

Sting (confirmed)

JBL

Jacqueline

The Fabulous Freebirds

The Godfather

Regis Philbin

Edited by Conor

I'm assuming Lemmy is going in too. Trips even spoke at his memorial and he's played WWE shows multiple times as well as supplying Trips' themes.

I agree that Trips should be nowhere near a main event or title. Which is why I'm 99% sure they'll go with Reigns losing it in the rumble due to a Trips screwjobs and then Reigns going after Trips at Mania. Yes, it's predictable. Yes, it's shit. Yes, Vince will go with that.

I hope you're right about Taker. And if so, Balor is a good option. I'm just not sure if WWE has the balls for that.

Edited by username