Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Bringing in Kane 2nd would be fantastic, we might get another chain wrestling classic, ten years on. But if Big Show is indeed the first entrant (and not just the first person announced), then I'd place your bets on Lesnar 2nd.

Rocky's confirmed for Wrestlemania 32

I'm honestly apathetic towards that if it's for another painfully long and awkward segment similar to 31's

If youre gonna be there in person(I am) it's better to have The Rock there doing that than not have him there at all. WWE is so brutal these days I hope they just parade the old timers out just so I can feel the energy in the building when their music hit. I don't care if there's a single match haha.

Rocky's confirmed for Wrestlemania 32

I'm honestly apathetic towards that if it's for another painfully long and awkward segment similar to 31's

If youre gonna be there in person(I am) it's better to have The Rock there doing that than not have him there at all. WWE is so brutal these days I hope they just parade the old timers out just so I can feel the energy in the building when their music hit. I don't care if there's a single match haha.

Sad that this is what wwe has come to. Haha but it's so true.

• Like 1

They're trying so hard to make me care about Reigns and I still just don't. Even when his segments are good, it's because of everyone around him, not him.

The Rumble should be good, especially if Lesnar and Show enter 1 and 2 and go the distance, culminating in a 20 minute 1-on-1 match to close it out ala HBK Taker in 07

Mania is going to be a disaster.

Edited by bacardimayne

They're trying so hard to make me care about Reigns and I still just don't. Even when his segments are good, it's because of everyone around him, not him.

The Rumble should be good, especially if Lesnar and Show enter 1 and 2 and go the distance, culminating in a 20 minute 1-on-1 match to close it out ala HBK Taker in 07

Mania is going to be a disaster.

I don't think Lesnar has the stamina to go that long. Lol

Lesnar vs. Angle Iron Man Match best match in SmackDown! history :P. Lesnar's in better condition than most of the roster even these days. He could last an hour, keep in mind that hour long run in a Rumble generally means 20 minutes of being laid out on the side somewhere.

I think they should just have Reigns defend the title in the Rumble match (as a proper heel move) and stack the deck with big names. Have him enter number 1, but (as a swerve) not win. Have Triple H enter 30, but not win.

Yeah, Styles is what, 38, 39, now? and has the intention to retire at 42, or something like that, and had some nagging back injuries in recent times which really makes him evaluate his 2016 planning.

As for Shinsuke Nakamura, that sucks that WWE have signed him. He was pretty much my favorite wrestler in recent times, aside from AJ Styles. I'm sure as hell going to miss him wrestling in NJPW, looking awesome, saying "YEAOH," etc.

Yeah you have to consider NXT nowadays. It's like its own separate entity. They sign veterans with no intention of ever having them on Raw, but instead bolstering the NXT lineup.

Exactly, I'd imagine these signings are more directed as helping NXT transition their own people through. That said, you'd expect Sami Zayn or Finn Balor to be going up, and they're in the same boat other than having a few more years on their side. It makes sense though, NXT is their indy darling.

As for the Rumble, you'd expect Brock to win with it setting up Triple H vs Reigns, or possibly Reigns retaining whilst setting up a Triple H vs The Rock. I don't want to see Brock vs Reigns II as the Wrestlemania main event, but I'd be more than happy to see it at Fastlane.

RAW was so fucking horrible tonight. They basically did a 40 minute segment featuring New Day. So fucking awful. Not even Jericho's same old routine could save that shit.

Exactly what I thought. Noticed even Jericho's usual shticks fell flat with the live audience. Although his countdown intro was awesome. I popped.

Edited by Gunner55

And the smarkiest article ever posted on WWE.com is here.

The sports-entertainment world has been buzzing this week with speculation that WWE has signed four massive international Superstars.

Numerous media outlets reported Monday that AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson and Luke “Doc” Gallows — most recently of New Japan Pro Wrestling — are in negotiations to compete under the WWE banner.

The office of WWE COO and EVP of Talent Relations Triple H declined to comment on the rumors for WWE.com.

Reports began circulating late Sunday that all four had reportedly given their notices to New Japan management. Fueling the rumors that Styles, Nakamura, Anderson and Gallows were WWE-bound was a series of tweets involving reigning NXT Champion Finn Bálor.

Until recently, Styles, Gallows and Anderson were all part of New Japan’s Bullet Club faction, a stable formerly led by Bálor when he wrestled in Japan under the alias Prince Devitt. For months, Bálor has made it clear that he’s still tight with the Bullet Club members, even tweeting photos of them wearing his “Bálor Club” T-shirts. On Monday, Bálor stirred the pot again, tweeting an image of Anderson sporting trunks that bore Finn’s “demon” design. Additionally, the official Twitter account for the Bullet Club tweeted the NXT Champion Monday, telling him to keep more Bálor Club shirts on hand in case they need them. That tweet has since been deleted.

The addition of Styles, Nakamura, Anderson and Gallows would represent one of the most significant bulk talent acquisitions in WWE history.

Nicknamed “The Phenomenal One,” Styles twice held New Japan’s IWGP Heavyweight Championship, the organization’s top title. He competed on the national scene in the United States for well over a decade, dating back to the latter days of WCW, and is universally hailed for his multi-tooled attack in the ring.

Though not a member of the Bullet Club, Nakamura remains one of the most popular wrestlers outside of WWE. Displaying a flamboyant charisma comparable to Freddie Mercury, but possessing the brutal strikes of an elite fighter, Nakamura roomed with Daniel Bryan years ago in California when both were early into their sports-entertainment careers. During media tours for last year’s WrestleMania, Bryan even revealed he once proposed an inter-promotional match against Nakamura to WWE management.

Gallows and Anderson co-held New Japan’s tag team titles on three occasions. Additionally, Gallows competed in WWE from 2007 to 2010, while Anderson is a former tag team partner of WWE Performance Center Head Coach Matt Bloom.

Stick with WWE.com for more updates on this developing story as they become available.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/are-aj-styles-shinsuke-nakamura-karl-anderson-doc-gallows-coming-to-wwe-28508549?sf18250852=1

• Like 1