Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Del Rio isn't that bad. They just give him awful material, story lines then he ends up going through the motions. He beat Cena clean on his return and then ended up treated little better than the other midcarders.

Doubt Lesnar/Rio is a title match. Lesnar should be winning his next few matches whatever they are convincingly.

I really can't believe they had Lesnar lose to HHH in this run and had to have him cheat to win one of the other matches. They've really dropped the ball on him since the night after Mania and in retrospect they probably would have been better off just leaving the title on him too.

I'm dreading Reigns winning against Sheamus, it'll mean another rematch at the Rumble then probably a title defense against Big Show (their 789th match) at the February PPV. I can't believe we've went a few weeks without Reigns/Show, it's the longest stretch in a while.

Edited by AtariLegend

Fun fact. In 2000 WCW had 19 World Heavyweight Championship title changes. On top of that the title was vacated 6 times. The year had 13 PPV's.

The WHC was held by:

Bret Hart (1)
Chris Benoit (1)
Sid Visious (2)
Kevin Nash (3)
Jeff Jarrett (4)
Diamond Dallas Page (1)
David Arquette (1)
Ric Flair (2)
Booker T (3)
Vince Russo (1)
Scott Steiner (1)
Talk about a shit year in wrestling!

WCW 2000 made this look like the golden age. People tend to overstate Russo's influence during the rise of the Attitude era. He had some hits/misses and wasn't there for the peak attitude era during 2000/01, but once he was let of the leash in WCW it was a disaster.

Look at this fucking nonsense and this wasn't even one of the low points.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zof6_buff-bagwell-vs-positively-kanyon-j_sport

Fun fact. In 2000 WCW had 19 World Heavyweight Championship title changes. On top of that the title was vacated 6 times. The year had 13 PPV's.

The WHC was held by:

Bret Hart (1)

Chris Benoit (1)

Sid Visious (2)

Kevin Nash (3)

Jeff Jarrett (4)

Diamond Dallas Page (1)

David Arquette (1)

Ric Flair (2)

Booker T (3)

Vince Russo (1)

Scott Steiner (1)

Talk about a shit year in wrestling!

Thank you for this.

Yes, bring Russo in. Solid idea.

Can't even stand listening to his podcasts or even him talking Monday night wars on the network.

I have almost zero interest in TLC but seven years ago this month I was at WWE ARMAGEDDON and witnessed my favorite wrestler (tied with HBK) win the title. Watch the reaction for five minutes after he wins. The announcers don't even talk so that the home audience can live the moment as well. I think when Jeff comes back to the E that he could return to the main event scene as he'd be probably second most over to Cena.

Just saw an ad for a match at TLC

Rhyno, Tommy Dreamer and the Dudleys vs. the Wyatts

What in the holy mother of fuck? Have we gone full TNA? I stop watching for a month and Tommy Dreamer is in a PPV match?

He main evented Raw :lol:

So Reigns does his finisher with a chair and Sheamus is in control 60 seconds later?

The logic seems to be that if Reigns acts stupid and fails misserably over and over again, the crowd is going to react like he's Austin win he finaly wins.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

the ending with reigns going nuts was really good(love triple h selling those chair shots) the ppv on the whole sucked pretty bad. i thought it was hilarious the ref stares right at an exposed turn buckle yet does nothing. my favorite though was rowan breaking a table that wasnt meant to be broken and jbl going "the table broke is he eliminated?" nice way to draw attention to it.....

also where the fuck was ambrose and the uso's at the end? you create a stable, give it a name but when its biggest member is getting fucked over you dont show up?

That ending was actually awesome. Man turn reigns heel and turn him into a monster and I'd be totally behind that.

i kind of wanted reigns to go stone cold after wrestlemania 13, when austin was struggling to his feet, crowd cheering for him.... and he stunned the shit out of the official. wanted reigns to spear or superman punch a couple of refs.

Edited by bran