Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

If the recent changes about to the card about Lesnar/Owens and HHH/Reigns are legit, then what would be the title match? No way Reigns would be defending the title against HHH (too cynical even for the IWC) and how on earth would Sheamus survive with these ratings to Mania with the title?

He doesn't. Lesnar got shafted out of the title at Battleground by Undertaker, he's due a rematch. Regardless, it's not difficult to put the belt on him at the Royal Rumble. Triple H/Authority screws Reigns out of the Rumble, Owens is your Royal Rumble winner. Given the situation, this is probably their best option. It's the match I'd look forward to most out of the three they seem to have pencilled in.

I have a feeling Mania is going to be among the worst of all time

And they'll shit on history by saying it was the best.

There's 4 months to build Mania, which is plenty of time. And they have the people to make it great as well.

What makes it frustrating is that they're guaranteed to cock it up anyway.

I still hate Vince for drawing all his inspiration for women's wrestling storylines from High School Musical.

Edited by username

A lot of people thought that about 31. Au contraire, it was received well and I thought almost every match on the card was solid.

But this year they're relying on setting an attendance record and pro ably won't focus on a damn thing other than that. So we're screwed. It'll be amazing when they show that stadium jam packed, but the excitement will end there.

They've a while to go before reaching Wrestlemania 2, IX, XI, and 27. It's not looking good, but there are still some very plausible options to turn this into a good card, all is not lost.

lesnar vs owens would be awesome.

It would be. If they could also do sting vs the undertaker I'd be happy

They should just forgive and reinstate Hogan and boost ratings. I want Hogan, The Rock, Austin, HBK, EVERYONE at Wrestlemania. Obviously in Texas Austin and HBK will be there doing soemthing.

Nah. That's what they do every year. It's getting pathetic. I'm all for a nice nostalgia moment here and there. But they way WWE needs all the oldtimers to have some drawing power year after year is getting a little pathetic. Don't get me wrong. They can be there and all. But if 50% of your tv time are oldtimers you're doing something wrong.

Agreed here too. Everybody wants nostalgia so they want the old performers who made the attitude era back, but none of them will really come back unless it's part time. I think creative needs to edge up the storylines and start unscripting the promos before it's too late

tommy dreamer working two matches :facepalm:

RAW :facepalm:

But we keep watching.

I refuse to pay my cable provider 10 bucks a month for the package to get the channel for Raw. I debated it, watched 3 weeks worth on an online stream, and my decision was warranted. Haha

tommy dreamer working two matches :facepalm:

RAW :facepalm:

But we keep watching.

Nah, I'm just scanning through reports by now. I only watch an occasional pre-PPV or post-PPV raw for the bigger ppv's.

yeah my interest in it has all but disappeared too now. The only person who interests me is Paige and if a Diva is the only interest I have that says a lot. And they've fucked her character up so much too it's a joke.

My only interest now is my trip to dallas for Wrestlemania. I'm not expecting a great WM but just to be there will be cool.

Brock Lesnar's next match will be against Alberto Del Rio for the US Title.

Company is in fucking shambles

Since returning in 2012, Lesnar has wrestled

Cena (4x)

HHH (3x)

CM Punk

Big Show (2x, both squashes)

Undertaker (3x)

Seth Rollins (2x, one squash)

Roman Reigns

Kofi Kingston (squash)

Alberto Del Rio (likely squash)

17 matches, 9 opponents, 6 good matches (Cena 1, Cena 2, Punk, Cena/Rollins, Taker 2, Reigns)

pathetic booking

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

Brock Lesnar's next match will be against Alberto Del Rio for the US Title.

Company is in fucking shambles

Since returning in 2012, Lesnar has wrestled

Cena (4x)

HHH (3x)

CM Punk

Big Show (2x, both squashes)

Undertaker (3x)

Seth Rollins (2x, one squash)

Roman Reigns

Kofi Kingston (squash)

Alberto Del Rio (likely squash)

17 matches, 9 opponents, 6 good matches (Cena 1, Cena 2, Punk, Cena/Rollins, Taker 2, Reigns)

pathetic booking

Funny how little they care about spoiling the outcome of ADR vs swagger at TLC.....

Ive read that they also announed wwe champ sheamus vs Reigns and IC champ owens vs ambrose for the 19th, which would be two more spoilers. But that might just be bad reporting.