Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Cena out for 6-9 months, all Wrestlemania plans "out the window" apparently.

They're absolutely fucked. :lol:

Cena, Bryan, Orton, Rollins all out for Mania.

Their biggest draws to try and hold the biggest wrestling event in history are Reigns, Oldertaker and HHH, assuming Rock won't wrestle. The biggest non-part timers they have are Reigns, Sheamus, Ambrose and Owens. Jesus Christ.

The only thing that can save this is Rock vs. Big Show in a grudge match over the result of the 2000 Rumble.

Edited by bacardimayne

Cena out for 6-9 months, all Wrestlemania plans "out the window" apparently.

They're absolutely fucked. :lol:

Cena, Bryan, Orton, Rollins all out for Mania.

Their biggest draws to try and hold the biggest wrestling event in history are Reigns, Oldertaker and HHH, assuming Rock won't wrestle. The biggest non-part timers they have are Reigns, Sheamus, Ambrose and Owens. Jesus Christ.

The only thing that can save this is Rock vs. Big Show in a grudge match over the result of the 2000 Rumble.

Absolutely fucked is an understatement. Their own fault. They haven't built anyone for shit since Cena.

oh man they are royally fucked now :lol: i wonder how fast the wwe can have their doctor sign off on bryan's medical now....he is literally the only guy out there that is ready to go that can save wrestlemania. i have a sneaking suspicion vince is going to get desperate and throw some money at some guys to come in for a stretch, im talking like kurt angle and goldberg. this what happens when you rely on a couple of guys and fail to build anyone else up, its also what happens when you have your top talent work a meaningless episode of smackdown and then do house shows all week.

there is no way they can roll with what they got, especially going into the wrestlemania season. you have to think aj styles and nakamura have to be on raw and not nxt now. Plus i see a lot more ECW dinosaurs showing up what the fuck is raven up to now lol. at this rate wwe might have to book a bengay on a poll match between hogan and flair at wrestlemania.

Edited by bran

Austin vs. Lesnar could save it, but it's probably too late for Austin to get into shape, even if he were offered sufficient millions.

Seriously though, given the current roster, what match even comes close to being big enough to headline the event? Whatever the match is, it's probably going to involve Reigns. The options for a Reigns match are Lesnar or HHH. If they go with Lesnar, that means whatever the Taker match is, will be the co-headliner. Who can Taker wrestle other than Lesnar? HHH? Unlikely, seeing as it'd be their fourth time. Sheamus? Rusev? Wyatt again? Ugh. Whatever they come up with, it won't be good enough to be the 2nd billed match on the biggest PPV of all time. After those two, what do you have? Rock segment and a bunch of midcard matches.

They're definitely going to have to throw some serious cash at someone. I could see them bringing back Jeff Hardy, Goldberg, Kurt Angle and more. No matter what, it'll be a disaster.

Edited by bacardimayne

Austin vs. Lesnar could save it, but it's probably too late for Austin to get into shape, even if he were offered sufficient millions.

that could save it but i doubt stone cold laces them up. do you think bryan gets cleared now? i would love to see styles vs bryan

Edited by bran

Bryan vs Lesnar could save it as well.

Bryan-Lesnar

Reigns-HHH

Taker-Sheamus

Still not an optimal trio of headlining matches, but without Bryan you only get two.

without bryan that is bad :lol: but i would agree those would be the likely matchups. unless rock is going to wrestle

Rock vs Brock

HHH vs Reigns

Bryan vs Styles? Nakamura?

Undertaker vs Stroman? Bray Wyatt(let him get over this time)

Jericho vs Owens? Ambrose?

New Day vs Dudleyz(maybe throw in the Uso's or Lucha Dragons)

maybe sheamus and the league of nations does something? isn't barrett nursing an injury as well?

shit book booker t in a match lol

Edited by bran

You think they'll really push NJPW stars as anything other than jobbers? They'll probably push Styles for 2 weeks (in other words beat Ziggler) then lose 90% of his matches until he's released. Nakamura won't be different, it's WWE. Well I guess Kevin Steen didn't get buried, so maybe there's hope.

I doubt Lesnar/Rock at the minute. Not that Rock is famous for using "creative control", but he shouldn't be losing his next Mania match. Lesnar should not lose cleanly ever unless they've got someone really can carry the company. Assuming Rock even got insurance for a match.

I'm sure they could throw money at Goldberg, but then what? He'd cost alot and he'd refuse to job. Can't think of a dream match involving Goldberg anymore that would matter.

Jeff Hardy's supposedly injured until late in the year and they'd probably give him the RVD treatment considering what happened when he left.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Batista, he'd probably do it... but against who? I don't think Angle is unrealistic, but would he pass even a dodgy medical?

Edited by AtariLegend

You think they'll really push NJPW stars as anything other than jobbers? They'll probably push Styles for 2 weeks (in other words beat Ziggler) then lose 90% of his matches until he's released. Nakamura won't be different, it's WWE. Well I guess Kevin Steen didn't get buried, so maybe there's hope.

I doubt Lesnar/Rock at the minute. Not that Rock is famous for using "creative control", but he shouldn't be losing his next Mania match. Lesnar should not lose cleanly ever unless they've got someone really can carry the company. Assuming Rock even got insurance for a match.

I'm sure they could throw money at Goldberg, but then what? He'd cost alot and he'd refuse to job. Can't think of a dream match involving Goldberg anymore that would matter.

Jeff Hardy's supposedly injured until late in the year and they'd probably give him the RVD treatment considering what happened when he left.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Batista, he'd probably do it... but against who? I don't think Angle is unrealistic, but would he pass even a dodgy medical?

its a shit sandwich that is for sure. i think angle would pass if vince forgets to do a blood or a piss test for a little while.

Seth Rollins - WHC

John Cena - US
Daniel Bryan - IC
Cesaro & Tyson Kidd - Tag
Nikki Bella - Divas

Those were the champions walking out of Wrestlemania 31, right? Well, it looks like they are all out on injury and will probably miss 32. CURSED

Seth Rollins - WHC

John Cena - US

Daniel Bryan - IC

Cesaro & Tyson Kidd - Tag

Nikki Bella - Divas

Those were the champions walking out of Wrestlemania 31, right? Well, it looks like they are all out on injury and will probably miss 32. CURSED

that is sad. sucks what happened to kidd because i thought the cesaro/kidd tag team was really starting to pick up steam.

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar

Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan

The Rock vs Triple H (Special Referee: Stone Cold)

Bullet Club vs Wyatt Family

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

New Day vs Luchadores vs The Usos

Clusterfuck Midcard Match

Divas Championship

Andre Memorial Battle Royale

Hulk Hogan vs R-Truth

Alternative: Don't include Finn Balor with Bullet Club and have him face Undertaker as the Demon, or you go double retirement and have Undertaker face Kane.

Edited by Conor

With the recent injuries, they're gonna have to dream big to break the attendance record and have the biggest wrestling event of all time, like:

Tag Team Hell in a Cell [4-Way Retirement]
Undertaker & Sting vs. Triple H & Shawn Michaels

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - 3 Stages of Hell [First Blood, No Holds Barred, Last Man Standing]
Brock Lesnar © (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Roman Reigns

NXT Championship - Elimination Chamber
Finn Balor © vs. Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin vs. Samoa Joe vs. Hideo Itami vs. Bull Dempsey

Tag Titles - 3-Team Tables, Ladders and Chairs
The Usos © vs. Lucha Dragons vs. The Dudley Boyz

"Kiss My Ass" - Street Fight
Mr. McMahon (w/ Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs. The Rock (w/ Rhonda Rousey)

"Hair vs. Beards" 4-on-4 Tag

The New Day (Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston & Big E) & Chris Jericho vs. The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper & Erick Rowan & Braun Strowman)

"Losers Leave Town" 4-on-4 Tag

The Social Outcasts (Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel & Heath Slater & Adam Rose) vs. The Bullet Club (AJ Styles & Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows & Dean Ambrose)

Intercontinental Championship - Singles
Kevin Owens © vs. Sami Zayn

United States Championship - Fatal 4-Way
Sheamus vs. Rusev (w/ Lana) vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Alberto Del Rio ©

Divas Championship - Triple Threat
Paige vs. Charlotte © vs. Becky Lynch

3rd Annual Andre the Giant Battle Royal

Singles

Daniel Bryan vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

I'm thinking there's a chance we get the super Cena rehab and he'll surprise us and be back in time. He is a freak at the end of the day, kinda hard to completely rule that out of the question.

Still though, it's ridiculous that Mania should stand or fall depending on Cena. Yes, a fair lot of other top guys are out. But looking at the champions list from previous Mania.... I doubt Nikki Bella puts more asses in seats than say Paige, Sasha Banks or even Becky or Charlotte. So on the diva's from there's not really a problem. And Cesaro is popular with the smarks, but does he set attendance records? Anything properly built with the New Day, Dudley's, the Uso's, part of the Wyatt family or whatever tag team you dream up will probably sell just as many tickets.

So basically we're saying the success of Mania depends on Cena, Rollins and Bryan. And you knew the latter two would (likely) be out far in advance. So honestly, I hope Mania will blow huge hairy donkey balls. I hope attendance will suck and sales will hugely disappoint. Serves them right for all the shit booking and not building a proper roster. Maybe it'll be a nice wakeup call for Vinnie Mac.

Aside from that, I wouldn't be surprised if they go with Reigns-Ambrose for Mania. I'm saying Ambrose screws Reigns in the Rumble and wins the belt, going into Mania as a heel champion (who the crowd will cheer) vs a face Reigns (who the crowd will boo). Or did I miss something and is Ambrose injured too?

I could see them doing a Team NXT vs Team Main Roster match as well. 4 against 4 or something. Thing is, the main roster team would suck and the NXT team will be awesome.

Edited by username

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Divas Championship

Hulk Hogan vs R-Truth

Alternative: Don't include Finn Balor with Bullet Club and have him face Undertaker as the Demon, or you go double retirement and have Undertaker face Kane.

This is severely lacking something. Something Big.

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Divas Championship

Hulk Hogan vs R-Truth

This is severely lacking something. Something Big.

That's the best part, he becomes the first ever and only two-time consecutive champion of the ARMBaR. Preferably eliminating as many wannabe darlings as possible in the process.