Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

but with the way the Company has traditionally treated Asians along with the fact that Vince didn't create him,well I can't see this going well. I hope I'm wrong.

Wait what do you mean? Vince knows exactly what to do with Asian wrestlers.

Edited by AtariLegend

I'm a Sting fanboy, I admit my bias, but how Trips beat Sting was just absolutely unforgivable.

It showed that no matter how much time has gone by, Vince has not changed one bit.

It makes sense only through the lens of Vince's ego.

Bad storytelling, bad booking, bad performance art. Just bad.

But it's just 55 year old Sting. What message would him beating HHH convey? "WCW was better than us all along, lol"

It was now/almost certainly Sting's first and only Wrestlemania match. The guy is a wrestling legend, forget TNA and the dying days of WCW. He had more than a few classics back in the day.

The storyline itself had nothing to do with WCW, until the commentators started bringing it up a few weeks beforehand. Sting even said in a promo that it had nothing to with WCW. They then randomly decided to turn it into a silly "Monday Night Wars" thing during that match for no reason other than to justify Triple H going over.

Sting shaking Triple H's hand after Triple H hit him with a sledge hammer to win was beyond silly. To add further insult to kayfable, Hogan his nemesis for years ran down to make the safe for no apparent reason. The match itself actually wasn't that bad until people started running out.

Edited by AtariLegend

Triple H matches are always hit/miss.

Warrior squashing HHH

Triple H booking himself over Lesnar

Triple H burying Booker

Triple H going over Sting :(

Triple H/Jericho - Boring

Triple H/Orton - Same result

Triple H/Cena/Orton - Same

Triple H/Kane

Can't even remember his Sheamus match or the Goldust/Owen ones.

The Fatal Four Way At Mania 2000 - Underwhelming (though exciting when I was a kid watching it. Should have just been Rock vs. Triple H)

Triple H/Cena - More memorable, because everyone hated Cena.

The Triple H/Taker matches were pretty good though, but was 3 really necessary when we never got Cena/Taker when it would have mattered?

I did like Bryan/HHH.

Triple H/HBK/<Name Removed> was amazing at the time, one of the best Triple threats of all time. Can't watch it back now though for obvious reasons :(.

I seem to remember his match against Owen being the best one on the card that year?

The one against the Warrior was hilarious :)

I seem to remember his match against Owen being the best one on the card that year?

I think you might mean a match from a different PPV or a RAW :P.

It was at Wrestlemania XIV. It was not the better than Michaels/Austin (even if Micheals wasn't at his best) and there were a few memorable matches on that card (not that they were anything special wrestling wise) that are alot easier to remember. :shrugs:

I think you might mean a match from a different PPV or a RAW :P.

It was at Wrestlemania XIV. It was not the better than Michaels/Austin (even if Micheals wasn't at his best) and there were a few memorable matches on that card (not that they were anything special wrestling wise) that are alot easier to remember. :shrugs:

It has been a long time since I watched WM XIV, I only remember Trips vs Owen, New age Outlaws vs Foley and Funk and HBK vs Austin and Vince breaking the bank to have Tyson stand at ringside and do nothing

anyway, did anyone see Grado's match against Abyss last week? Ouch, ouch, ouch!!! :o

It's such a shame what happened to him after Mania. The booking was terrible and he even started jobbing like a midcarder before at one point afterwards.

He actually had a pretty decent match against Cena at Fastlane. I thought I'd mis judged him and was starting to come around, then well. I wouldn't really notice it he got released in the next year at this rate.

Not trying to compare him to Lesnar, but Imagine if in 2002 Lesnar started jobbing to A Train or Bill DeMott shortly after his undefeated streak ended on random Raws.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

It's such a shame what happened to him after Mania. The booking was terrible and he even started jobbing like a midcarder before at one point afterwards.

He actually had a pretty decent match against Cena at Fastlane. I thought I'd mis judged him and was starting to come around, then well. I wouldn't really notice it he got released in the next year at this rate.

Not trying to compare him to Lesnar, but Imagine if in 2002 Lesnar started jobbing to A Train or Bill DeMott shortly after his undefeated streak ended on random Raws.

I seem to remember a lot of folk hating Lesnar because he was just another huge guy getting a huge push, until his Hell In A Cell with Undertaker towards the end of 2002, and even then, it was really his Wrestlemania 19 feud with Kurt Angle that got him over really.

Just watched the resurrection of Jake the snake Roberts. What a damn great documentary.

How much was it? I might just wait for the dvd.

No idea. I streamed it through Kodi on the Genesis add on.

Seriously invest in one of those though. Got an amazing fire TV stick for Christmas that I got kodi running on. I cancelled my wwe network subscription along with a bunch of cable packages because it can all be found on kodi for free. TV shows get added shortly after airing (family guy was up 10 minutes after it went off the air) and there's a wwe network stream you can find. Quality ain't as great as what I was getting thru my cable for the network but it's saving me 12 bucks plus taxes a month.

get home from work, turn on RAW and see the New Day vs the Usos. Fucking shit. Same fucking lame ass shit every week on RAW. New Day is fucking awful and Usos and just the epitome of jobbers who's only purpose is to get 8 year old kids cheering.

RAW is a disgrace. They should change the name cause it's not even raw anymore.

New Day is fucking awful

I was actually starting to think I was the only one who thought this. Everyone's raving about them. They do nothing for me.

Mark Madden is an idiot. His latest rant is about how it's stupid that all we care about is the Bullet Club.

Edited by Gunner55

I really hope they go for the swerve finish now and someone unexpected wins, because otherwise the "Lesnar throws out Wyatt and while distracted is thrown out by Roman because odds" just sounds horrible.

Also oblivious heel Jericho is growing on me because it's so awful.

Edited by Conor