Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

I guess we'll know whether he'll ever wrestle again, then...

Shame his WWE run was so shitty. One of the all-time greats.

Yeah, I really wish he'd at least beaten Trips at Mania. But nooooooo. Vince had to bury WCW one last time.

It's really been a long time since I gave so little about the Rumble. Used to always be one of the highlights of the wrestling year. But now... meh. I know the whole deal with defending the belt in it is new, but I just don't care about the story and the people at all.

WWE responds to rumours of Bryan's release. Says there's no truth to it. Is there any real reason he's not cleared yet? I've heard he's passed every concussion test they've given him, even ones from outside sources, but the feeling is that he's a liability and too much of a risk?

WWE responds to rumours of Bryan's release. Says there's no truth to it. Is there any real reason he's not cleared yet? I've heard he's passed every concussion test they've given him, even ones from outside sources, but the feeling is that he's a liability and too much of a risk?

Don't want the liability of him getting hurt in the ring, also don't want him to go somewhere else and wrestle for a competitor. With TNA's new TV deal, and their creative apparently going a better direction, just imagine the boost when Brian Danielson makes his debut. The E doesn't want that to happen. I'm sure Bryan has a no compete clause, but I don't think it's effective if WWE unilaterally release him. So, don't let him wrestle, but don't let him go, and if he quits, enforce his no-compete. It's a win-win for WWE as long as they're comfortable eating his salary.

Meltzer says as of right now, Mania main event is Reigns vs HHH.

Good. Keeps Reigns from shitting up the Brock match, which is all I'm otherwise looking forward to.

So does that mean Reigns retains and HHH challenges for the title, or Lesnar wins the title at the Rumble (through HHH help?) and Reigns has a non-title feud with HHH?

Meltzer says as of right now, Mania main event is Reigns vs HHH.

Good. Keeps Reigns from shitting up the Brock match, which is all I'm otherwise looking forward to.

So does that mean Reigns retains and HHH challenges for the title, or Lesnar wins the title at the Rumble (through HHH help?) and Reigns has a non-title feud with HHH?

That might not be THE main event though, they've been calling it a multiple main event show for years now, so I'd hope that Lesnar wins the title and faces someone else, or unfortunately Reigns vs HHH is for the belt.

Trips has no reason to be near a title, so I'm hoping new champion at the rumble. Champion vs Brock would make sense after that.

I also can't imagine Trips beating Roman. Based on the colossal push he's been getting I really can't imagine they'd kill that by having him lose the title AND lose to trips.

So.

Brock vs. WWE champ

Reigns vs. Trips

Taker vs. ???

There's your top 3 Mania matches...

Austin has also said it's 99% sure he'll be at Mania (on the Ross podcast). So that makes Rock and Austin the additional draws I guess?

Austin as the ref in Reigns vs Trips maybe?

Edited by username

To my knowledge, we haven't seen H on actual wwe TV since TLC (excluding NXT events). I'd guess he returns at the rumble and screws reigns out of the title setting them up. Surely hunter can't stroke his own ego enough to put himself in the title match. What imI at a loss with is who they either put the title on, or if brock wins it who faces him for it. They ainta got anyone for that.

Triple H matches are always hit/miss.

Warrior squashing HHH

Triple H booking himself over Lesnar

Triple H burying Booker

Triple H going over Sting :(

Triple H/Jericho - Boring

Triple H/Orton - Same result

Triple H/Cena/Orton - Same

Triple H/Kane

Can't even remember his Sheamus match or the Goldust/Owen ones.

The Fatal Four Way At Mania 2000 - Underwhelming (though exciting when I was a kid watching it. Should have just been Rock vs. Triple H)

Triple H/Cena - More memorable, because everyone hated Cena.

The Triple H/Taker matches were pretty good though, but was 3 really necessary when we never got Cena/Taker when it would have mattered?

I did like Bryan/HHH.

Triple H/HBK/<Name Removed> was amazing at the time, one of the best Triple threats of all time. Can't watch it back now though for obvious reasons :(.

Edited by AtariLegend

I feel like I'm the only person who actually liked the Lesnar-HHH Mania match. Sure, it shouldn't have happened and Trips should never have gone over Lesnar in a million years, but it wasn't a bad match.

I also don't give the slightest fuck about Trips burying Sting. If that match had to happen, that was the right result. Trips should be used as a final boss of the WWE kind of heel for the next few years. Having him lose to some over the hill nostalgia man would ruin that.

Edited by bacardimayne

Meltzer reported that Cena makes close to 10 million per year with the E. I'm not saying he'd be the next Rock if he left to do movies but I can't see him sticking around for many more years at this point. I think he'll be missed when he goes by even the smart Marks who call him Super Cena. There is nobody close to being able to be ready to replace him and that's all on the E.

I'm a Sting fanboy, I admit my bias, but how Trips beat Sting was just absolutely unforgivable.

It showed that no matter how much time has gone by, Vince has not changed one bit.

It makes sense only through the lens of Vince's ego.

Bad storytelling, bad booking, bad performance art. Just bad.

I'm gonna assume they would've at least let him get one Mania win. Obviously that doesn't look likely now. But yes Vince's grudge against dubya c dubya is just dumb at this point. All of the smart marks are creaming themselves now that Nakamura is coming in but with the way the Company has traditionally treated Asians along with the fact that Vince didn't create him,well I can't see this going well. I hope I'm wrong.