Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

He says small things that are wrong with wrestling that fans will point to and think "yeah he's right", but then he says the little things in between which make you realize he should never be given a job by a promotion again.

Wrestling should be all about the story-lines, when it moved toward all about the matches I lost interest and it all went downhill. He basically says that one point. This guy would turn Raw into Nitro 2000 if he had a job today, believe it or not that's actually worse than the dreadful/boring Raws we have now.

He'd probably book Stephanie McMachon to beast Brock Lesnar in a Hell in a Cell match one week and claim it was to pop ratting. Cena would turn heel and then face at least twice every month and every 2 or 3 weeks there'd be an on a pole match.

He'd also become WWE Champion by beating Lesnar in a supersoaker on a pole match (first man to get splashed loses, Brock accidentally splashes himself) and then drop the belt to Verne Troyer clean.

Edited by username

not sure why he gets on owens so much. owens is great on the mic and puts on great matches. his body type isn't all that bad and seems to fit him naturally, i could understand if his body weight and size effect on his in ring ability but it doesnt.

Listening to the Ross Report and Russo trying to bury Owens. Probably the most ridiculous things I've heard the guy come out with. He goes on a long rant about it which Ross no sells and says "we can agree to disagree".

I enjoy the podcasts and shoots far more than I do the product at this point. I don't remember a lower point in the history of wrestling. I'd take the last days of WCW over anything I've seen over the past several years.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Listening to the Ross Report and Russo trying to bury Owens. Probably the most ridiculous things I've heard the guy come out with. He goes on a long rant about it which Ross no sells and says "we can agree to disagree".

I'd take the last days of WCW over anything I've seen over the past several years.

I mean, you really really wouldn't though.

I'd take the last days of WCW over anything I've seen over the past several years.

This. I mean, if you have to pick a worst period in wrestling you can either pick WCW 2000/2001 or be wrong.

• Like 1

I've had an insane amount of personal down time to myself lately so I caved and started listening to the Russo Ross podcast. Vince buried Owens based on his appearance and lack of "wrestler body", but yet Russo was the guy who booked himself as wcw champion. Right.

He also stated that he's not a fan of NXT. Off his damn rocker.

I would take 00/01 WCW over Hogan/Bischoff TNA, current TNA, or WWE for the past few years. Hands down. I'd also take Bob Backlund era (both of em) WWE over anything that's been out there the past few years. Hey, I'm not saying any of those eras were good. Its just that bad right now.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I would take 00/01 WCW over Hogan/Bischoff TNA, current TNA, or WWE for the past few years. Hands down. I'd also take Bob Backlund era (both of em) WWE over anything that's been out there the past few years. Hey, I'm not saying any of those eras were good. Its just that bad right now.

How so though? Don't get me wrong, it's not great, but there are zero redeeming qualities about '00/'01 WCW.

How so though? Don't get me wrong, it's not great, but there are zero redeeming qualities about '00/'01 WCW.

Well, I did like Scott Steiner during that era. Beyond that though, I thought the last days of WCW were so bad that it was entertaining. It had a Plan 9 From Outer Space type quality to it whereas I don't feel that way currently. I just find it boring now. Maybe its me.

Turned on Raw not that long ago.

Why is the camera zooming and bumping when someone gets dropped or hit. It's really distracting and about to give my a headache.

Why would Ambrose not go for the pin after hitting Sheamus several times with the chair and doing his finisher on it. Why is Sheamus no selling that and on top of the cage 30 seconds later and why would Sheamus/Ambrose not just jump down instead of hanging there?

Why is that announcer backstage rolling on the ground after getting slapped by Stephanie?

This is awful.

Edited by AtariLegend

Why is the camera zooming and bumping when someone gets dropped or hit. It's really distracting and about to give my a headache.

Because it worked once when The Shield debuted and they've done it for everything ever since. Kevin Dunn ladies and gentlemen. I follow Raw but I certainly don't watch it anymore, PPVs only.

Because it worked once when The Shield debuted and they've done it for everything ever since. Kevin Dunn ladies and gentlemen. I follow Raw but I certainly don't watch it anymore, PPVs only.

The PPVs arent much better

Everyone's that active is a midcarder in WWE atm except Lesnar/Cena.

They've sabotaged their own program to the extent that Reigns is the only option they have. Sheamus is upper mid card for life, he's never even getting near Jericho's ect of previous generations. Not that Russev was a "main guy", but they've turned him into Dolph Ziggler.

Punk was the last era of people who got booked like they were stars (and that wasn't intentional). Bryan the last time he was on TV was made out to look like a muppet in the Reigns feud and jobbed out clean to frickin Ziggler on TV, despite monster crowd reactions. Before that he was booked in a feud with Kane despite winning the title at mania.

If Reigns has a long title run, it'll be worse for the company than Diesel. Moderate crowd reaction isn't enough for the only one you haven't buried. I honestly can't imagine what this company's going to look like in a year, the future is bleak post Mania.

Rocky's confirmed for Wrestlemania 32

I'm honestly apathetic towards that if it's for another painfully long and awkward segment similar to 31's

They could fill that segment with a 15 minute Justin Bieber concert instead to take up time, be thankful.

If Show's entering number 1, I bet Lesnar enters number 2. If Lesnar isn't winning the Rumble this year, he's probably eliminating almost every one else.