Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

F4WOnline.com reports that Billy Gunn (real name Monty "Kip" Sopp) was fired today as a trainer by WWE due to testing positive for elevated levels of testosterone in a powerlifting meet back on July 25th. Sopp was suspended from powerlifting for four years when a drug test revealed a 37-1 testosterone/epitestosterone ratio, well over the 4-1 limit. People in WWE were apparently not aware that he was competing as a powerlifter until recently.

In addition to his recent television comeback with New Age Outlaws partner Road Dogg, Sopp also appeared as an instructor on Tough Enough and Breaking Ground.

Stay tuned for further updates

• Like 1

Anyone going to the ICW show at the SECC in Glasgow tomorrow? Biggest UK wrestling show in over 30 years. Gonna be cool to see them in such a big room, especially considering the size of the place where they started in Maryhill. The Micker as commissioner for the evening aswell shall be fun.

So if Reigns wins the title assuming he does, what good was it winning it in a tournament with hardly any credible competition. It'll get worse if they try to start a Reigns/Sheamus program any time soon.

It's really a disaster and I see Raw is falling to it's lowest ratings in decades. Sure they can pull out Cena vs. Taker and have Rock, Lesnar show up during mania season.. but they really need to make major fundamental changes at some point.

I don't think even cutting back to 2 hours which they should have done by default is going to help. Network might mean they don't need ratings to survive, but the channel's they're on might have something to say.

Anyone going to the ICW show at the SECC in Glasgow tomorrow? Biggest UK wrestling show in over 30 years. Gonna be cool to see them in such a big room, especially considering the size of the place where they started in Maryhill. The Micker as commissioner for the evening aswell shall be fun.

Was Grado on the card?

So I hear they've incorporated Ric Flair's dead son into a divas angle? Fuck off.

Yup that was pretty fucking stupid. Paige's promo was great too until she dropped that and fucking Charlotte always cries. I can't stand Charlotte. Such a cookie cutter cliche face character.

• Like 1

So I hear they've incorporated Ric Flair's dead son into a divas angle? Fuck off.

yeah charlotte went on about how the flairs have always been fighters and paige basically said "your little baby brother didnt have much fight in him did he"

edit: here is a video of it

Edited by bran

yeah and what's funny is when Paige started talking you could hear and feel the crowd basically saying "Thank God" because Charlotte is annoying as fuck but when Paige made that comment about Charlotte's brother you could basically hear and feel the crowd say "really?" as if to say we wanna cheer for you Paige but nobody is cool with that.

yeah and what's funny is when Paige started talking you could hear and feel the crowd basically saying "Thank God" because Charlotte is annoying as fuck but when Paige made that comment about Charlotte's brother you could basically hear and feel the crowd say "really?" as if to say we wanna cheer for you Paige but nobody is cool with that.

In 5 years this will be in "10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About Paige".

I can't imagine this was written with Charlotte's (or Ric's) consent though. Vince's consent, yes. But not the Flair's consent.

Fans pretty much want to cheer for Paige. But this does feel like Vince's way of forcing people to view her as a heel. It's definitely not beyond him. So to me it's either Paige (horribly) going off the rails on her own, or Vince is behind it.

Reid and Charlotte's mom reacts on Twitter:

http://pwinsider.com/article/97876/charlotte-reid-flairs-mother-elizabeth-comments-on-last-nights-raw.html?p=1

PWInsider also has an article on why WWE did the angle and who was in about it. But it's for elite members of the site, so I can't see it.

PWI named Nikki Bella woman wrestler of the year so I tend to not take their stuff too seriously these days.

They pretend that kafable is real. When you factor the forced record breaking title run, it's fairly obvious why.

I'm not a fan of PWinsider and some of the other premium based insider sites. You don't really learn much that you wouldn't on rajah that's interesting and there's not really any other reason to subscribe.

Torch isn't great either as far as learning anything current. They do have a extensive history, but Keller on podcasts just pugs other VIP shows while your a VIP subscriber. He never tells you anything interesting and it's basically him covering the stuff you already know, only with a self-important pretending to be a news show tone. Pat McNeil podcasts are fairly interesting if you're into wrestling history, but it's not worth subscribing.

Prowrestling.net is the same, you don't learn anything new. There isn't much of an archive, but at least Powell isn't as boring or self-obsessed as Keller.

Observer's definitely superior to them. They have podcasts that are cool listening to as a fan, reviews and you learn more.

PWI named Nikki Bella woman wrestler of the year so I tend to not take their stuff too seriously these days.

In Nikki's defence she's a way more interesting character and was a better title holder than fucking Charlotte is. Maybe not as good technically in the ring but she more than made up for it with her character. Charlotte is ruining the divas division in my opinion. Can't stand her and I want to turn the channel every time she starts talking.

It's just ridiculous that the same company that booked two fantastic Banks vs Bayley matches also manage to book this shite. Charlotte's just awful, Paige seems be on the decline after being paired with lesser people for so long, meanwhile Becky and Sasha have done sweet fuck all on the main roster. It's fairly clueless.

And in regards to the "line", I'm sure they did get some of the relevant people's permission to say it. Considerinf how often they try shit like this, it's not one of the worst ones. It actually fits pretty well with Paige being a bitch and the reaction was good, but to have that as the main event segment needed them to have had two matches already and make it the decider, hell even a No Holds Barred or something. Then it would really add heat. Not as bad as some of the other shit they've done, but I still don't really like to see it, but it evokes an actual response and that's good. If they didn't have permission though then fuck'em. Look at the Paul Bearer stuff, made sense because Punk and Heyman were assholes, it was topical, it evoked a response, but it was only acceptable because they had permission of the family.

In Nikki's defence she's a way more interesting character and was a better title holder than fucking Charlotte is. Maybe not as good technically in the ring but she more than made up for it with her character. Charlotte is ruining the divas division in my opinion. Can't stand her and I want to turn the channel every time she starts talking.

There's really not much defending Nikki. She had 300+ days with the belt and it was all completely meaningless. She never elevated anyone, she never had the moment of the night, she never cut any memorable promos. If that's the champion and the woman of the year in 2015 wrestling, you might as well end it now. Charlotte may be bad on the mic, but you'll at least get a decent match out of her. I don't like how they've positioned her, and the fact that she was rushed to the title, whilst dropping Ric's name at every opportunity basically robbed her of any chance to make a mark on her own merit. All these things that creative probably thinks will boost her profile, aren't winning her that many fans.

There's really not much defending Nikki. She had 300+ days with the belt and it was all completely meaningless. She never elevated anyone, she never had the moment of the night, she never cut any memorable promos. If that's the champion and the woman of the year in 2015 wrestling, you might as well end it now. Charlotte may be bad on the mic, but you'll at least get a decent match out of her. I don't like how they've positioned her, and the fact that she was rushed to the title, whilst dropping Ric's name at every opportunity basically robbed her of any chance to make a mark on her own merit. All these things that creative probably thinks will boost her profile, aren't winning her that many fans.

In defence of Nikki she's 100% more interesting than Charlotte. Give me NIkki on the mic any day of the week over Charlotte and based on that alone I'd much rather watch Nikki in matches. She's not so bad that I'd prefer a shit character in matches. At least Nikki played a good role. Charlotte is shit.

Looks like WWE finally added an actual Survivor Series match to the Survivor Series PPV. Gutsy!

Even though it's the most meaningless match on the card, featuring "competitors to be announced". I can't wait!

Am I the only one thinking the whole world title thing should have been a number of SS matches with an ultimate survivor kind of ending?

Looks like WWE finally added an actual Survivor Series match to the Survivor Series PPV. Gutsy!

Even though it's the most meaningless match on the card, featuring "competitors to be announced". I can't wait!

Am I the only one thinking the whole world title thing should have been a number of SS matches with an ultimate survivor kind of ending?

That would have been a great idea. Unfortunately in the same way if they had opted to do a proper tournament or Deadly Games II, they still would have stuck with it mid carders and wrestlers who aren't credible.

Cena's off making a show and they didn't want to do Cena/Reigns obviously. They didn't want to do Reigns/Taker and want to save Lesnar/Reigns II. They haven't cleared Bryan yet. So we get a series of meaningless matches. Even Wyatt didn't enter the tournament.

I don't see how Reigns gains anything by winning a tournament that non of the top guys entered and don't want to see Ambrose win, just to lose to Sheamus afterwards or worse align with the Authority. It's a mess.

Has a diva ever had the moment of the night?

I don't see how Reigns gains anything by winning a tournament that non of the top guys entered and don't want to see Ambrose win, just to lose to Sheamus afterwards or worse align with the Authority. It's a mess.

Roman's not getting MITB'd after winning the title like Bryan did.

WWE is taking zero chances with his credibility. Everything that happens to him exists to make him look super strong. I bet Sheamus loses his cash-in and Roman holds the title until like, next Summerslam.