Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

I love that Brock had to do an interview to confirm this to avoid a Lesberg crowd reaction. The cheers for him are gonna be even bigger :lol: I wouldn't say I want him to go to 435 if there are only another two title defences in that, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I haven't watched in years, but would anyone be willing to give a brief synopsis of the current state of the product in wrestling?

Vince says he is in touch with what the fans want and then completely buries the fan favourites in favour of his favourites, yet people continue to watch

Brock isn't going to 435.

I really really hope he does.

Same.

Vince will take anyone to erase Punks name from that stat.

I hope he will too. And that actually really fits the plan that was posted earlier to make the IC and US titles matter and the WWE title an exception. I'd even be ok with Rollins cashing in unsuccesfully (due to interferance?) if they run a good program to do it. I'd love guys like Bryan, Abrose, Rollins, Ziggler, Wyatt etc feuding over the IC and US belt and the eventual chance to face Brock from there.

I haven't watched in years, but would anyone be willing to give a brief synopsis of the current state of the product in wrestling?

Sucks.

Thanks for the update. I'll check back in a few more years then.

It sucks in that "still watching every week so I got new stuff to complain about" kind of way. Then you're so glad NJPW, ROH, and NXT exist.

Edited by moreblack

News from MetsFan:

I have been told that Brock Lesnar's contract is set for 3 years at $3 million a year. Brock is working a limited schedule during this new contract just like he was with his older contract.

The WWE championship match has been heavily discussed since Brock has confirmed to be staying with WWE. Writers have been working night and day with Vince, Triple H and their inner circle on possible outcomes for the match.

I am being told that Vince is on board with the idea of having Brock retain the WWE title, Cena win the U.S. title and either Sheamus or Daniel Bryan winning the I.C. title. It is still not confirmed however what role if any Sheamus will play at WrestleMania.

I have also been told Roman Reigns is being compared to Lex Luger and his push in 1993 and early 1994. Lex was pushed to the moon but never got over as the WWE wanted at the time. Thus Vince went with the fan favorite Bret Hart and Luger fizzled of into mid-card status.

I have also been told that Dean Ambrose is to get a heavy push leading into SummerSlam.

I'm looking forward to:-

Lesnar vs Bryan

Lesnar vs Orton

Lesnar vs Sheamus

Lesnar vs Owens

Lesnar vs Big Show - Big Show's Revenge

Fuck most of those matches. I don't care for any match Orton is in and pretty much the same goes for Sheamus.

I'd love to see Lesnar vs Ambrose or Wyatt though.

Lesnar vs Bryan

Lesnar vs Orton

Lesnar vs Sheamus

Lesnar vs Owens

Fuck most of those matches. I don't care for any match Orton is in and pretty much the same goes for Sheamus.

I'd love to see Lesnar vs Ambrose or Wyatt though.

Ambrose is overrated in-ring. I'm sure part of that is that he's never had a great chance to showcase much in the way of singles matches, but the only great singles match he's been in has been against Rollins and Rollins could work against Khali. His match with Wyatt was decent, then they proceeded to go through the exact same motions for two months. Be worth it for the promos between Ambrose and Heyman, and the same goes for Wyatt, but neither of them have showed enough (arguably through no fault of their own) to warrant matches with Lesnar when he's such a limited schedule.

It would've been great to see Lesnar vs Cesaro, but unfortunately that seems to have sailed. Sheamus and Lesnar would put on a fantastic brawl with some good rasslin', Lesnar can win without slowing Sheamus at all. The exact same goes for Orton, any excuse to bring back some punts.

I'd kill to see one final Lesnar vs Angle mind.

Lesnar vs Bryan

Lesnar vs Orton

Lesnar vs Sheamus

Lesnar vs Owens

That might just be the right amount of matches he'll have over the next 3 years, regardless of the opponent

The whole Lesnar thing is a dilemma though. I'd like to see him have a really long reign as champ. But eventually he will have to drop the belt. Cheating to win or interference or something would keep Lesnar strong. But having someone beat him clean is also a huge opportunity to create a star. I'm not sure which I want most, but I'm edging towards clean.

Man. I'm just watching some Medusa bits. That girls mic skills make Roman Reigns look like The Rock.

Lesnar vs Bryan

Lesnar vs Orton

Lesnar vs Sheamus

Lesnar vs Owens

And he should be every single one of them cleanly. Lesnar should fight at every PPV from now untill next year's Wrestlemania and he should win every single match cleanly then lose cleanly to Wyatt at next year's Wrestlemania. If Wyatt loses to the Undertaker the WWE writers are completely fucked in the head.