Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Show wins battle royal - For the love of hell WHY? Elevate someone who needs this.

Bryan wins - fucking awesome. Including giving him some backstage legend support.

Sting/Trips - Great match, great segments, loved how they brought DX and the NWO out. Fantastic to see Hall especially, I'm glad he's doing well. Hated the finish. Didn't make sense to have Sting go over. It also didn't make any sense that Trips and Sting shared some respect and then have Trips brag aboput owning Stong later. Sting should have won here.

cenawinslol. Seriously WHY?! That was a really shit decision. They should have continued building Rusev strongly. I hope they continue the angle and have Rusev decimate Cena tonight on RAW. Fuck this.

Wyatt/Taker was a standard Taker match. I think they got away with having Taker win without damaging Bray too much, but I also feel there should have been more in it.

I love seeing Rock mock Trips any day of the week. Cool to see Ronda. So... Rock-HHH then? Again it didn't make sense. They started Sting-HHH around the angle of Sting wanting to bring down Trips and the authority. Then they made it WWE-WCW and now Rock is taking over the bringing down the authority deal? I don't get it.

Lesnar/Reigns - Reings dit NOT rise to the occasion here imo. Luckily, Lesnar is a fucking beast. Having Rollins cash in like this was the only right way to take the belt off him. Rollins was awesome too. Great match, much better than I expected, but also proof that Reigns should not be put in this position right now.

The rest of the show didn't really matter anyway. Tag titles Shmag titles. I suppose it was ok to see some actual woman's wrestling instead on another bikini jello wrestling battle royal.

All in all, much better than I expected, mostly because they made more right decisions than I'd have thought (Rollins, Bryan etc). I think they dropped the ball with Rusev and Sting though.

The RKO on Rollins at Wrestlemania 29 was much better. It was more spontaneous. The set up for it this year took way toon long and it looked rather cheesy with Orton standing hunched over for the length of time he was. Plus Orton's less than cool freak out and pin afterwards was kinda funny. RKO WM29 > RKO WM31

RKO - WM29

RKO - WM31

Edited by Bono

I think that was definitely one of the better Wrestlemanias. The build was hideous, had it been better I could see the argument for it nearing the Top 5, but unfortunately that let it down. It was pleasantly surprising with a great main event.

I just don't understand what the point is of having Undertaker win. Now Wyatt has lost to Cena and Taker. The new face of fear who loses to every supserstar or what? Taker winning this year makes losing last year completely pointless. Brock didn't need to beat Taker to get a push. He's Brock fucking Lesnar. Taker should've fought someone else last year and won and then lost to Wyatt this year. He should've lost to Wyatt regardless. Only positive is Taker looks way better with hair, even if short, than he does with the mohawk

• Like 3

that was my reaction.. i honestly was expecting some sort of burying or casket to be involved, hell even an urn! i miss those crazy stipulation matches that the undertaker always seemed to be apart of and innovate. i think it would have been better as a burried alive match. it would have really brought out the craziness and intensity of both of those characters. i wonder what ever happened to those matches? seems like those who were burried wouldnt be able to breath once they were covered with dirt?

Mania ratings:

Pre-Show Tag: **1/2

Andre Royal: *****

IC Ladder Match: ***1/2

Orton-Rollins: ****

HHH-Sting: ***

Divas: didntwatchlol

Cena-Rusev: **3/4

Taker-Wyatt: **

Lesnar-Reigns(-Rollins): ****1/2

You're the same one who was complaining about "smarks" right? Ha!

Sounds like it was a decent Mania. I know some of you are pissed HHH beat Sting but I could care less about that. That entire fued was pretty stupid in my opinion. I think it's fucking brutal that Taker beat Wyatt. That's beyond stupid at this point. Was it Bryan who won the IC Ladder match?

Wyatt looked like shit. From what I've seen of him in the ring, I'm not impressed. I think this match was designed to take the bad taste out of the mouths of the taker fans.

Yeah the winner of HHH-Sting doesn't really matter. It's two part timers, one of which owns the WWE. Who did you guys think would win? The NWO/DX stuff was cool and unexpected.

It was cool to see Sting at WrestleMania. He fit right in. 2 great entrances. Hollywood Hogan should have screwed Sting over in the end, though because he should never be in sting's corner. But, whatever its wrestling. Lol. Hopefully we will hbk battle sting at some point. That is a dream match and you know Michaels can still go.

Sounds like it was a decent Mania. I know some of you are pissed HHH beat Sting but I could care less about that. That entire fued was pretty stupid in my opinion. I think it's fucking brutal that Taker beat Wyatt. That's beyond stupid at this point. Was it Bryan who won the IC Ladder match?

Wyatt looked like shit. From what I've seen of him in the ring, I'm not impressed. I think this match was designed to take the bad taste out of the mouths of the taker fans.

I just watched it. He didn't look bad to me. I don't think there's much there to work with with Taker anymore though.

Sting needs to cut the hair. It looks ridiculous half way through the match :lol:

I kinda liked how Reigns kept smiling and sadistically laughing while getting shit kicked. Seth winning the belt is gonna set up a Rollins vs Reigns feud. Not sure where Brock goes from here for now. Probably take time off for a few months. Like he needs it haha

Yeah the winner of HHH-Sting doesn't really matter. It's two part timers, one of which owns the WWE. Who did you guys think would win? The NWO/DX stuff was cool and unexpected.

It was cool to see Sting at WrestleMania. He fit right in. 2 great entrances. Hollywood Hogan should have screwed Sting over in the end, though because he should never be in sting's corner. But, whatever its wrestling. Lol. Hopefully we will hbk battle sting at some point. That is a dream match and you know Michaels can still go.

I never wanna see HBK in the ring again. He's by far my all time favourite and we all know he can still go but NO. He retired, he did his retirement match, he gave his farewell speach on RAW, he's been the one guy to do it with class and stick to it. Him going out to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania was probably the storybook ending for him. I don't want him back let alone back to fight Sting. I mean...... why?

I just watched it. He didn't look bad to me. I don't think there's much there to work with with Taker anymore though.

Sting needs to cut the hair. It looks ridiculous half way through the match :lol:

I kinda liked how Reigns kept smiling and sadistically laughing while getting shit kicked. Seth winning the belt is gonna set up a Rollins vs Reigns feud. Not sure where Brock goes from here for now. Probably take time off for a few months. Like he needs it haha

I never wanna see HBK in the ring again. He's by far my all time favourite and we all know he can still go but NO. He retired, he did his retirement match, he gave his farewell speach on RAW, he's been the one guy to do it with class and stick to it. Him going out to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania was probably the storybook ending for him. I don't want him back let alone back to fight Sting. I mean...... why?
Maybe in a high school gym...no run ins, just a wrestling match. Michaels wins with a handful of tights, or feet on the ropes. Or, Sting wins with a small package. Yes, his hair did look ridiculous lol. I see why he can't do surfer sting. There just isn't a lot of hair there on top. Edited by majormayhem

Nice to see Sting didn't wrestle with a shirt on, though. Most people that followed him in TNA expected him to wear a shirt. And yeah, his hair has been pretty bad for a while.

I'm sure HBK can still go and I'd love to see it, but it's great that he's been one of very few wrestlers to really retire.

Nice to see Sting didn't wrestle with a shirt on, though. Most people that followed him in TNA expected him to wear a shirt. And yeah, his hair has been pretty bad for a while.

I'm sure HBK can still go and I'd love to see it, but it's great that he's been one of very few wrestlers to really retire.

I actually thought he was going to wrestle with a shirt on. I even remember thinking last week on RAW how stupid it is that he does. Speaking fo wrestling with shirts on, Reigns has got to lose the flak jacket look. The Shield is over time to move on.

You gotta give Cena credit he's pretty good at playing off the crowds and going with the flow. If Shameus or Orton had any sense one fo them would've hit the Diamond Cutter when the crowd was chanting DDP. Would be hard for them to improvise that on the fly. Hell Orton's move is basically the diamond cutter haha

Vince answers conference call question on Sting

"We took someone from obscurity and developed that character and made it important," Vince said. He again said they took him from "obscurity to a main event of WrestleMania."

Source: http://prowrestling.net/article.php?03-30-WWE-Conference-Call-live-coverage-WWE-Network-subscriber-count-revealed-Vince-McMahon-and-George-Barrios-address-the-number-41588

Yeah cause none of us have ever heard of Sting before and even if we had he was probably some jobber from some two bit organization.

Also did I really read they have a deal in the works with Tap Out? Tap Out is prime douche wear. It's as bad as Ed Hardy. You want people to know you are a douchebag you throw on some Tap Out. C'mon WWE don't go that route.

• Like 1