Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Vince answers conference call question on Sting

"We took someone from obscurity and developed that character and made it important," Vince said. He again said they took him from "obscurity to a main event of WrestleMania."

Source: http://prowrestling.net/article.php?03-30-WWE-Conference-Call-live-coverage-WWE-Network-subscriber-count-revealed-Vince-McMahon-and-George-Barrios-address-the-number-41588

Don't be so hard on Vince, his booking decisions have shows for years that he has a terrible memory when it comes to wrestling.

Re-watching Mania now... It's such a shame that Vince just wanted WWE to beat WCW one more time. The match is just really awesome, with DX and the NWO involved. But none of the decisions made sense.

Sting is the face here, Trips the heel.

Sting and the NWO feuded for years. NWO has always been a heel faction.

I think they wanted the crowd to like HBK stepping up for WWE (face, in Vince's book) and having Trips (heel) pick up the win.

But he got a pretty poor reaction because the crowd favoured Sting.

It's just silly booking which I'd be willing to overlook due to it's historic awesomeness. But the Sting still deserved the win.

I hope he beats Taker at Mania next year.

This was Vince not wanting to be beaten by WCW.

This pisses me off more than it should. <_<

I hope Trips comes out tonight on RAW, calls out Sting and out welcomes him to the WWE. Hard earned respect etc. That way we're past the WCW thing and Sting can pick up a win next time.

Edited by username

cenawinslol also still pisses me off! <_< I mean, fuck this shit! If Vince still has such a fucking boner for Cena just have him pass out to not make him look weak. This should have been used to shoot someone else into super stardom.

I hope Rusev wins it back at Extreme Rules.

I would hate for Taker to lose to Sting at this point. To me that would make even less sense than having him lose to a guy who didn't need any push whatsoever and even less sense than beating Wyatt. Sting over taker? For what? Now that Wyatt has lost to both Cena and Taker within a year his character is almost useless now. Might as well have Sting fight Wyatt and give Sting a win that way.

And yeah Cena winning again makes very little sense.

Re-watching Mania now... It's such a shame that Vince just wanted WWE to beat WCW one more time. The match is just really awesome, with DX and the NWO involved. But none of the decisions made sense.

Sting is the face here, Trips the heel.

Sting and the NWO feuded for years. NWO has always been a heel faction.

I think they wanted the crowd to like HBK stepping up for WWE (face, in Vince's book) and having Trips (heel) pick up the win.

But he got a pretty poor reaction because the crowd favoured Sting.

It's just silly booking which I'd be willing to overlook due to it's historic awesomeness. But the Sting still deserved the win.

I hope he beats Taker at Mania next year.

This was Vince not wanting to be beaten by WCW.

This pisses me off more than it should. <_<

I hope Trips comes out tonight on RAW, calls out Sting and out welcomes him to the WWE. Hard earned respect etc. That way we're past the WCW thing and Sting can pick up a win next time.

This is EXACTLY what I thought. Figure they must have had to pay Sting a good chunk of change to get him to come in for that after him blowing them off for 14 years.

Gotta download RAW for tomorrow. Post Mania raw crowds make the show. And of course it's not included in my cable anymore.

Also hoped undertakers match went differently. Was hoping for him to lose last night. I have a gut feeling that next year will be his retirement, so I thought it made sense to have him lose to Wyatt and then spend the year in character pondering if he can still do this and then have his final match at next years wrestlemania. Fantasy booking I guess.

Edited by Gunner55

I went back to try and find the last time Lesnar Wrestled on TV. Couldn't find the Raw match due to the brand extension, but I know he appeared on the specials back then.

Last TV match I found was

Lesnar vs. Hardcore Holly

March 4, 2004 (SmackDown!) http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/smackdown/040304.html

Edited by AtariLegend