Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

is blading making a comeback? or did bryan legitimately get busted open?

edit: looks like it might have been bryan busting himself open from headbutts.

What about Lesnar? Looked like a pretty nasty cut.

Cena/Rusev wasn't all bad. We got a springboard stunner from Cena.

317.gif

Undertaker's last match. Imagine an Undertaker with long Greg hair. How freaky would that be? He gets pummeled the entire match, but keeps sitting up. At the end of the match, he chokeslams his opponent through the ring. He stands triumphant, as a big cloud of smoke comes pouring out of the massive crater, looking down into the pit. Then, as he crawls down into it, the screams of all of his opponents are heard throughout the arena.

I'm 33 years old, and I still mark out for Taker's entrance :)

Overall I think I enjoyed this year's Mania more than last year, but damn Cena/Rusev was terrible!

Yeah, I really enjoyed it! you can criticize, and I've done so in the past. But, it's wrestling. :) I think the cena/rusev was a great build on a cheesy old school storyline. The entrance by Rusev had me convinced he was the reincarnation of Drago. We'll be seeing the image of him on a tank for quite sometime. And, it was for the U.S. title!! The Undertaker looked slow, but did a good job. Wyatt looked sloppy. But, it was a cool storyline:) The Mizdow breakup was right up there with a "Dream team"-like break up, and a great battle royal in general. The Authority/Rock exchange was great. The world title match was booked perfectly! It made everyone look good, their characters all were all pumped up a notch. It was everything I could have wanted and more from a WrestleMania!

Yeah that stunner was a cool move, but LOL at Cole banging on about the "Evolution of Cena" one new move in 20 years! Why that's almost as prolifica as Axl Rose! Now we can say 6 moves of doom! :D

I just thought the match was quite flat, I also find it quite hard to get excited for SuperCena :)

Although I suppose him holding the US title does give some prestige to that title. Same with Bryan and the IC belt, loved seeing him celebrate with the former IC champions, hopefully they give that belt the respect it deserves moving forward (slim chance I know)

Yeah, I was surprised about the Sting Match. Wasn't it great when he broke triple he's bat? I thought they told a good story.

I wasn't so surprised, his match with Bully at Slammiversary 11 was a good match and he has had over a year off to get himself into non-Tshirt wearing shape :)

I didn't have a problem with the finish and given that they had made it all about WWE vs WCW (that was a silly decision but that is a different debate) I think that there was no way Sting & NWO were going over Triple H & DX

It was good to see NWO put aside their rivalry with Sting and come (very very slowly) to his rescue :)

Also another thing I was thinking. WWE has pretty much made finishing moves all but obsolete. It used to be once the finishing move was hit that was it or the odd time it took two. Now you know a finishing move is just like any other clothesline unless they manage to hit it 17 times haha.

Yeah kicking out of finishers is the new thing in wrestling. It almost feels weird now when someone gets pinned after only one finisher!

How many F5s did Reigns kick out of? I counted about 4? It only took 3 of them to finish Undertaker last year!

Speaking of Reigns, you know it is bad when the crowd is chanting for the heel to kill the babyface, all of his hope spots were met with a chorus of boos! What are they waiting for to turn him heel?

i dont think its out of the realm of possibility that rousey one day comes to the wwe. i think atari hits the nail on the head when it comes to the belt. the diva championship is just awful and just continues to hurt the credibility of womens wrestling in the wwe.

Complete OT but I didn't realise that Alundra Blayze was such a MILF!! I was surprised to see her in the HOF, I thought she still had massive beef with Vince over his botched attempt at creating a women's division back in the 90s?

She had some work done.

To be fair to Cena, when it comes to th "evolution" of Cena he has given some great matches. I think the match between him and Punk on Raw a few years back was arguably the best match in the history of RAW.

The one with the piledriver? yeah, ain't seen better yet, at least in the modern era.

I think so. It was the one where the winner got to go on to face Rock at Wrestlemania or something I think.

Where does this idea that Paige the botch machine is a good wrestler come from?

Oh right, old NXT matches.

As far as the weemin are concerned she's probably the third best/least worst they've got.

You're the one who used the word "classic" to describe HHH/Hogan in 02 a few pages back.

Isn't it a compliment to say that Paige that is one of the best divas they've got? I don't see what a fantastic 5* match between HHH and Hogan has to do with anything.
  • Like 1

As far as the weemin are concerned she's probably the third best/least worst they've got.

You're the one who used the word "classic" to describe HHH/Hogan in 02 a few pages back.

Isn't it a compliment to say that Paige that is one of the best divas they've got? I don't see what a fantastic 5* match between HHH and Hogan has to do with anything.

Still gives me shivers remembering how Hogan bravely overcame HHH's 20 minute long figure four to deliver the atomic leg drop and score the win.

Still gives me shivers remembering how Hogan bravely overcame HHH's 20 minute long figure four to deliver the atomic leg drop and score the win.

That's the magic BROTHER! Because with all the Hulkamaniacs BROTHER, it doesn't matter how many figure four's you put on BROTHER. Because the Hulkster will hulk up BROTHER. And then whatcha gonna do BROTHER?! WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU BROTHER! He bodyslammed Andre The Giant BROTHER!

http://nodq.com/wwe/430104335.shtml

How long until April Brooks shows up in the Impact Zone?

They'd probably call her AJ Punk to try and cash in on Punk's fame.

Shame though, she seemed so much more into the business than most divas. Think WWE forced her out? She retired out of awkwardness from the Punk situation? I doubt we see her in TNA/ROH.

Everyone was glad to have Hogan back at that point

But for me it quickly turned to headscratching when they chose to put the belt back on him.

Triple H was a flop as a face despite that legendary (crowd reaction) return in MSG before the Rumble, that's why and they ended up wanting to ride the steam of Rock/Hogan. Apart from that Hogan pre No Way Out had been gone from WWF since 93. When he had decided it'd be better to go to NJPW than give the title to Bret at SummerSlam that year. So everyone loved the idea of having Hogan back.

Ironically Hogan's title run only lasted a few weeks, the steam died quickly till he jobbed to Taker (in one of the worst PPV matches I've ever seen).. so that Taker could ironically pass it to Rock (in what was an awesome 3 way - see Vengeance 2002)... who of course dropped it swiftly to Lesnar.

for whoever asked if blading is making a comeback, check this out:

Ya48ak4.gif

appears the ref hands something to Reigns.. most likely a blade, to hand to Lesnar later

That's quite the conspiracy. Wouldn't it make much more sense for the ref to you know, hand it to Lesnar himself?

AJ Lee has retired from WWE.

I thought I saw her holding her neck kinda funny after the last two matches. Could be medical.

Either way she's leaving pretty big shoes to fill in the Divas division.

I thought she seemed a little too big for her britches at WrestleMania. Anyone notice how she encouraged Paige to celebrate after their win? Like, "I've been here before, this is what you." Greg Valentine had been wrestling for 16 years when he wrestled in his 1st wrestlemania. Thats longer than the entirety of the Hardy Boys careers. Why doesn't "the hammer" have a podcast? I am wondering, what exciting things does AJ have planned? Holding Punk's coffee? Edited by majormayhem

Ya48ak4.gif

appears the ref hands something to Reigns.. most likely a blade, to hand to Lesnar later

I'm so torn on this one. I've heard the argument about how the refs will squeeze a wrestlers hand and they'll squeeze back to say that they aren't legitimately hurt or whatever, but this definitely looks like a handoff was made. With how far he reached in and waited a split second before any squeeze.

But on the other hand, I've watched lesnar hitting the ring post and the blood was instantaneous. From what I can see just as a fan, there wasn't any time to blade there. The cameras were on it the entire time (that whole split second). And then if lesnars gunna be the one who needs the blade, why hand it to blowmen reigns? Maybe lesnars gloves would make it harder to hide/hold it without it being obvious?

I dunno. I don't think he bladed here. Nonetheless, I don't think WWE will ever go back to blood all the time, but we saw it at wrestlemania and a few months ago when Randy got curb stomped on the stairs, so maybe Vince is starting to let up on that one a bit. Either way, I like it. When used sporadically in the right places it just makes the match and situation that much better.

AJ Lee has retired from WWE.

I thought I saw her holding her neck kinda funny after the last two matches. Could be medical.

Either way she's leaving pretty big shoes to fill in the Divas division.

I thought she seemed a little too big for her britches at WrestleMania. Anyone notice how she encouraged Paige to celebrate after their win?

And Paige looked like she was about to cry when they hugged, I'm guessing the "thank you so much" comment mouthed by Paige after their Mania match was significant after all.

Edited by moreblack

Ya48ak4.gif

I think what he did was put the blade in the turnbuckle. Look at how careful they are setting up the spot where Brock gets cut.