Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Also another thing I was thinking. WWE has pretty much made finishing moves all but obsolete. It used to be once the finishing move was hit that was it or the odd time it took two. Now you know a finishing move is just like any other clothesline unless they manage to hit it 17 times haha.

Edited by Bono

What are the chances of Ronda Rousey becoming a HUGE WWE star eventually. I think it's a no brainer. When she's done with MMA it's going to happen.

She gets paid way more in UFC than WWE will ever be able to pay her, she's one of their biggest draws.

It would not be believable if the world's most bad ass MMA legit female fighter that beats people in 14 seconds even sold a move from a diva. She could probably beat the entire male roster baring Brock in real life too, it's not an exaggeration.

So what do you do with her?

What are the chances of Ronda Rousey becoming a HUGE WWE star eventually. I think it's a no brainer. When she's done with MMA it's going to happen.

She gets paid way more in UFC than WWE will ever be able to pay her, she's one of their biggest draws.

It would not be believable if the world's most bad ass MMA legit female fighter that beats people in 14 seconds even sold a move from a diva. She could probably beat the entire male roster baring Brock in real life too, it's not an exaggeration.

At some point she's not going to want to fight for real anymore. She might do movies, she might do what The Rock does. If she came to WWE you do exactly what they did with Brock. She doesn't have to be a regular on RAW every week. Brock is a beast but he's "beatable". WWE is entertainment. It's not real. There's no issue with making a Diva look strong against her. I mean seriously Brock was in UFC but do any of us actually believe guys on the roster would stand a chance against him? No but they do in WWE because WWE is entertainment. Having said that I do think it's an big exageration to say Ronda could beat the all the men on the roster. Yes size and strength doesn't mean everything when it comes to real fighting but lets be real. Ronda isn't beating Triple H, Cena, Rusev or even smaller guys like Bryan in a real fight. Triple H had to sell that judo toss big time cause there's no way she's able to do that to men that size. Ronda could kick our asses but not professional male athletes who are that big, that strong and that athletic.

Edited by Bono

You do exactly what they did with Brock. Brock is a beast but he's "beatable". WWE is entertainment. It's not real. There's no issue with making a Diva look strong against her. I mean seriously Brock was in UFC but do any of us actually believe guys on the roster would stand a chance against him? No but they do in WWE because WWE is entertainment. Having said that I do think it's an big exageration to say Ronda could beat the all the men on the roster. Yes size and strength doesn't mean everything when it comes to real fighting but lets be real. Ronda isn't beating Triple H, Cena, Rusev or even smaller guys like Bryan in a real fight. Triple H had to sell that judo toss big time cause there's no way she's able to do that to men that size. Ronda could kick our asses but not professional male athletes who are that big, that strong and that athletic.

The difference is apart from Lesnar being a wrestler before that, they don't even treat the divas as legit wrestlers. Hence why they changed the Women's Championship to the Diva's title. They're are models/calendar girls. Only Paige and AJ to an extent (due to the gimmick) even try. They wrestle 3-5 minute matches and half the audience takes a toilet break. I think it'd be derogatory to even have Ronda in the same camera shot as a Naomi.

I'm not saying Ronda wouldn't do well, but it couldn't be as a "diva".

Remember marking out as a kid when Bret Hart kicked out of the perfect plex and what a big deal it was.

Totally! When he hit that it was over. Nobody could kick out of it, which is weird because it's not that great of a pinning move really haha. Also small packages used to be a guaranteed win. Nobody got out of sleepers and bear hugs were even used as finishers. Ahhh the good ol' days haha.

i dont think its out of the realm of possibility that rousey one day comes to the wwe. i think atari hits the nail on the head when it comes to the belt. the diva championship is just awful and just continues to hurt the credibility of womens wrestling in the wwe.

Where does this idea that Paige the botch machine is a good wrestler come from?

Oh right, old NXT matches.

As far as the weemin are concerned she's probably the third best/least worst they've got.

Cena/Rusev wasn't all bad. We got a springboard stunner from Cena.

317.gif

Undertaker's last match. Imagine an Undertaker with long Greg hair. How freaky would that be? He gets pummeled the entire match, but keeps sitting up. At the end of the match, he chokeslams his opponent through the ring. He stands triumphant, as a big cloud of smoke comes pouring out of the massive crater, looking down into the pit. Then, as he crawls down into it, the screams of all of his opponents are heard throughout the arena.

I'm 33 years old, and I still mark out for Taker's entrance :)

Overall I think I enjoyed this year's Mania more than last year, but damn Cena/Rusev was terrible!

Yeah, I really enjoyed it! you can criticize, and I've done so in the past. But, it's wrestling. :) I think the cena/rusev was a great build on a cheesy old school storyline. The entrance by Rusev had me convinced he was the reincarnation of Drago. We'll be seeing the image of him on a tank for quite sometime. And, it was for the U.S. title!! The Undertaker looked slow, but did a good job. Wyatt looked sloppy. But, it was a cool storyline:) The Mizdow breakup was right up there with a "Dream team"-like break up, and a great battle royal in general. The Authority/Rock exchange was great. The world title match was booked perfectly! It made everyone look good, their characters all were all pumped up a notch. It was everything I could have wanted and more from a WrestleMania!

Yeah that stunner was a cool move, but LOL at Cole banging on about the "Evolution of Cena" one new move in 20 years! Why that's almost as prolifica as Axl Rose! Now we can say 6 moves of doom! :D

I just thought the match was quite flat, I also find it quite hard to get excited for SuperCena :)

Although I suppose him holding the US title does give some prestige to that title. Same with Bryan and the IC belt, loved seeing him celebrate with the former IC champions, hopefully they give that belt the respect it deserves moving forward (slim chance I know)

Yeah, I was surprised about the Sting Match. Wasn't it great when he broke triple he's bat? I thought they told a good story.

I wasn't so surprised, his match with Bully at Slammiversary 11 was a good match and he has had over a year off to get himself into non-Tshirt wearing shape :)

I didn't have a problem with the finish and given that they had made it all about WWE vs WCW (that was a silly decision but that is a different debate) I think that there was no way Sting & NWO were going over Triple H & DX

It was good to see NWO put aside their rivalry with Sting and come (very very slowly) to his rescue :)

Also another thing I was thinking. WWE has pretty much made finishing moves all but obsolete. It used to be once the finishing move was hit that was it or the odd time it took two. Now you know a finishing move is just like any other clothesline unless they manage to hit it 17 times haha.

Yeah kicking out of finishers is the new thing in wrestling. It almost feels weird now when someone gets pinned after only one finisher!

How many F5s did Reigns kick out of? I counted about 4? It only took 3 of them to finish Undertaker last year!

Speaking of Reigns, you know it is bad when the crowd is chanting for the heel to kill the babyface, all of his hope spots were met with a chorus of boos! What are they waiting for to turn him heel?

i dont think its out of the realm of possibility that rousey one day comes to the wwe. i think atari hits the nail on the head when it comes to the belt. the diva championship is just awful and just continues to hurt the credibility of womens wrestling in the wwe.

Complete OT but I didn't realise that Alundra Blayze was such a MILF!! I was surprised to see her in the HOF, I thought she still had massive beef with Vince over his botched attempt at creating a women's division back in the 90s?

Where does this idea that Paige the botch machine is a good wrestler come from?

Oh right, old NXT matches.

As far as the weemin are concerned she's probably the third best/least worst they've got.

You're the one who used the word "classic" to describe HHH/Hogan in 02 a few pages back.

To be fair to Cena, when it comes to th "evolution" of Cena he has given some great matches. I think the match between him and Punk on Raw a few years back was arguably the best match in the history of RAW. I'm not a Cena fan but I think that guy takes an unfair amont of criticism. He's good for what he is, i's juts his character has grown stale. He needs to turn heel. I honestly think we'd all love heel Cena. He knowsn how to work a crowd and build an audience. I think a Cena heel turn woud be great.

• Like 1

Cena/Rusev wasn't all bad. We got a springboard stunner from Cena.

317.gif

Undertaker's last match. Imagine an Undertaker with long Greg hair. How freaky would that be? He gets pummeled the entire match, but keeps sitting up. At the end of the match, he chokeslams his opponent through the ring. He stands triumphant, as a big cloud of smoke comes pouring out of the massive crater, looking down into the pit. Then, as he crawls down into it, the screams of all of his opponents are heard throughout the arena.

Overall I think I enjoyed this year's Mania more than last year, but damn Cena/Rusev was terrible!

Yeah, I really enjoyed it! you can criticize, and I've done so in the past. But, it's wrestling. :) I think the cena/rusev was a great build on a cheesy old school storyline. The entrance by Rusev had me convinced he was the reincarnation of Drago. We'll be seeing the image of him on a tank for quite sometime. And, it was for the U.S. title!! The Undertaker looked slow, but did a good job. Wyatt looked sloppy. But, it was a cool storyline:) The Mizdow breakup was right up there with a "Dream team"-like break up, and a great battle royal in general. The Authority/Rock exchange was great. The world title match was booked perfectly! It made everyone look good, their characters all were all pumped up a notch. It was everything I could have wanted and more from a WrestleMania!

Yeah that stunner was a cool move, but LOL at Cole banging on about the "Evolution of Cena" one new move in 20 years! Why that's almost as prolifica as Axl Rose! Now we can say 6 moves of doom! :D

I just thought the match was quite flat, I also find it quite hard to get excited for SuperCena :)

Although I suppose him holding the US title does give some prestige to that title. Same with Bryan and the IC belt, loved seeing him celebrate with the former IC champions, hopefully they give that belt the respect it deserves moving forward (slim chance I know)

Yeah, I was surprised about the Sting Match. Wasn't it great when he broke triple he's bat? I thought they told a good story.

I wasn't so surprised, his match with Bully at Slammiversary 11 was a good match and he has had over a year off to get himself into non-Tshirt wearing shape :)

I didn't have a problem with the finish and given that they had made it all about WWE vs WCW (that was a silly decision but that is a different debate) I think that there was no way Sting & NWO were going over Triple H & DX

It was good to see NWO put aside their rivalry with Sting and come (very very slowly) to his rescue :)

Yeah kicking out of finishers is the new thing in wrestling. It almost feels weird now when someone gets pinned after only one finisher!

How many F5s did Reigns kick out of? I counted about 4? It only took 3 of them to finish Undertaker last year!

Speaking of Reigns, you know it is bad when the crowd is chanting for the heel to kill the babyface, all of his hope spots were met with a chorus of boos! What are they waiting for to turn him heel?

Complete OT but I didn't realise that Alundra Blayze was such a MILF!! I was surprised to see her in the HOF, I thought she still had massive beef with Vince over his botched attempt at creating a women's division back in the 90s?

To be fair, Lesnar hit at least two F5s and didn't even bother trying to pin Reigns. He hit him with one 30 seconds in and just looked at him.

Cena/Rusev wasn't all bad. We got a springboard stunner from Cena.317.gif

To be fair, Lesnar hit at least two F5s and didn't even bother trying to pin Reigns. He hit him with one 30 seconds in and just looked at him.

Sometimes you just have to look at it.

To be fair to Cena, when it comes to th "evolution" of Cena he has given some great matches. I think the match between him and Punk on Raw a few years back was arguably the best match in the history of RAW.

The one with the piledriver? yeah, ain't seen better yet, at least in the modern era.

Edited by moreblack

To be fair to Cena, when it comes to th "evolution" of Cena he has given some great matches. I think the match between him and Punk on Raw a few years back was arguably the best match in the history of RAW.

The one with the piledriver? yeah, ain't seen better yet, at least in the modern era.

A few contenders for best match on Raw would be HBK/Angle iron man, rematch from WrestleMania 21, and possibly HBK/Shelton Benjamin.

• Like 1