Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

The main event didn't need any longer. Reigns kicked out of the maximum amount of stuff to make him look really really strong without it just becoming ridiculous. Other than more suplexes, and Reigns getting in a Samoan drop with the ringside dropkick spot it didn't need anything else. The Rock/HHH segment was too long though no doubt, but they were just stalling. Should've given the extra five minutes to Orton and Rollins, or thrown one of the preshow matches onto the main card.

Re-watching Taker-Wyatt.

I think Taker really should retire soon. He's one of the biggest legend ever in pro wrestling. He can barely go anymore. I want him to end on one glorious end note.

I'm thinking he'll retire after 25 Mania's. Maybe next year he'll lose to Sting and then have one final retirement match that he wins.

lol @ the lack of reaction Roman Reigns gets for punching the centre of the ring.

Edited by username

Paige looked like she was gonna cry at the end of the tag match at Mania. Kid must've been freaked out going out there for the first time.

Good for her. I've genuinely been a fan of hers and you could tell she was so happy to be where she was. I was legit happy for her.

She's also hot and my age, so that's cool too.

OK I know this has probably been said a half million times since its happened but

WHY on earth did Taker agree to be defeated at Wrestlemania!??!

j/w

:krider:

OK I know this has probably been said a half million times since its happened but

j/w

OFF TOPIC: wtf happened to the krider (or whatever it was) smiley thing? That was like the greatest emoji ever created :/

Edited by bucket13

j/w

j/w

OFF TOPIC: wtf happened to the krider (or whatever it was) smiley thing? That was like the greatest emoji ever created :/

If you have to lose, who better to lose to than Lesnar? Vince was never going to let him keep the streak so he might as well lose to the most legitimate wrestler there is.

Michael Cole's kayfabe injury is the same thing that killed Pedro Aguayo a couple weeks ago. You just know someone in creative brought it up and said "I'm sure I heard about this somewhere... I just can't quite put my finger on it".

Gott'a keep Cole strong compared those smalltime promotions damnit.

Michael Cole's kayfabe injury is the same thing that killed Pedro Aguayo a couple weeks ago. You just know someone in creative brought it up and said "I'm sure I heard about this somewhere... I just can't quite put my finger on it".

Gott'a keep Cole strong compared those smalltime promotions damnit.

Yeah doing that so soon after Perro Aguayo's death, stay classy WWE!

Managed to get Mania working on PlayTo, watching now (skipping the preshow)

Edited by sturginho

Undertaker's last match. Imagine an Undertaker with long Greg hair. How freaky would that be? He gets pummeled the entire match, but keeps sitting up. At the end of the match, he chokeslams his opponent through the ring. He stands triumphant, as a big cloud of smoke comes pouring out of the massive crater, looking down into the pit. Then, as he crawls down into it, the screams of all of his opponents are heard throughout the arena.

Undertaker's last match. Imagine an Undertaker with long Greg hair. How freaky would that be? He gets pummeled the entire match, but keeps sitting up. At the end of the match, he chokeslams his opponent through the ring. He stands triumphant, as a big cloud of smoke comes pouring out of the massive crater, looking down into the pit. Then, as he crawls down into it, the screams of all of his opponents are heard throughout the arena.

I'm 33 years old, and I still mark out for Taker's entrance :)

Overall I think I enjoyed this year's Mania more than last year, but damn Cena/Rusev was terrible!

• Like 1

I cancelled my WWE network subscription, only got it on for Wrestemania. No interest in watching filler PPVs till SummerSlam.

Here's the thing though, I only got the sub on Sunday. For some reason my Network payment via paypal was cancelled after I paid and I got the money back? It said I wouldn't be charged again till April 13th on the cancel page. Same thing happened when I got it on before the Rumble, except they immediately announced the free Feb month and reversed my payment. Obviously I cancelled immediately after the Rumble due to the nonscene there.

So I basically got 3 PPV's this year on the network for free? Obviously this is cool for me, but it seems like very bad business practice. I wasn't trying to exploit the system. Does my subcription get added to their 1.3 mill subs number? Weird.

If you have to lose, who better to lose to than Lesnar? Vince was never going to let him keep the streak so he might as well lose to the most legitimate wrestler there is.

That was my thinking at the time, in kayfabe it made Lesnar look like a beast. An aura which he has carried intact since. No amount of Taker's mindgames, voodoo or supernatural BS made any difference. And when you look back, it was Taker that asked for the match. But he got eaten alive. If anyone's gonna carry that belt for long term, it would be the guy that did that to Undertaker. Taking it from Cena was no issue.

I'm 33 years old, and I still mark out for Taker's entrance :)

Overall I think I enjoyed this year's Mania more than last year, but damn Cena/Rusev was terrible!

Yeah, I really enjoyed it! you can criticize, and I've done so in the past. But, it's wrestling. :) I think the cena/rusev was a great build on a cheesy old school storyline. The entrance by Rusev had me convinced he was the reincarnation of Drago. We'll be seeing the image of him on a tank for quite sometime. And, it was for the U.S. title!! The Undertaker looked slow, but did a good job. Wyatt looked sloppy. But, it was a cool storyline:) The Mizdow breakup was right up there with a "Dream team"-like break up, and a great battle royal in general. The Authority/Rock exchange was great. The world title match was booked perfectly! It made everyone look good, their characters all were all pumped up a notch. It was everything I could have wanted and more from a WrestleMania!

That was my thinking at the time, in kayfabe it made Lesnar look like a beast. An aura which he has carried intact since. No amount of Taker's mindgames, voodoo or supernatural BS made any difference. And when you look back, it was Taker that asked for the match. But he got eaten alive. If anyone's gonna carry that belt for long term, it would be the guy that did that to Undertaker. Taking it from Cena was no issue.

That loss cost Vince and the wrestling business as a whole much more than it cost Taker. The streak could have sold Wrestlemania by itself and they no longer have it to fall back on. There is no shame in losing to Lesnar no matter how real or fake a fight is, so it was self-inflicted stupidity on Vince's part if anything.

That loss cost Vince and the wrestling business as a whole much more than it cost Taker. The streak could have sold Wrestlemania by itself and they no longer have it to fall back on. There is no shame in losing to Lesnar no matter how real or fake a fight is, so it was self-inflicted stupidity on Vince's part if anything.

They probably saw the end of the journey for Taker coming pretty soon. And that beyond the Lesnar match, the streak had maybe 2 more Manias left.

They probably saw the end of the journey for Taker coming pretty soon. And that beyond the Lesnar match, the streak had maybe 2 more Manias left.

Yeah, but if Taker is just going to show up at Mania and pull a standard Taker match and leave, they could have hauled his old ass out for a few more at least. Ah well, it's over and Lesnar (especially due to Heyman) has been the best thing about wrestling since IMHO, so it hasn't been a total loss.

Yeah, but if Taker is just going to show up at Mania and pull a standard Taker match and leave, they could have hauled his old ass out for a few more at least. Ah well, it's over and Lesnar (especially due to Heyman) has been the best thing about wrestling since IMHO, so it hasn't been a total loss.

They sacrificed him for a good cause. I just wish he'd put up more of a fight in the match itself.

How the hell did some youtube dude get Paul Heyman and JR to be in his videos and then have brock give a shout out? haha WTF.

Cena/Rusev wasn't all bad. We got a springboard stunner from Cena.

317.gif

That's better than any single one of Austin's stunners haha.

• Like 1

They sacrificed him for a good cause. I just wish he'd put up more of a fight in the match itself.

Taker was supposed to have got legit concussed last year and had no idea where he was early on. Which is ironic since the same supposedly happened to Lesnar the year before in the Triple H match... another WTF? moment match when Triple H won.