Slash & Perla File For Divorce (TMZ Source)

STPFAN

California's a community property state, so she will certainly be entitled to 50% of whatever was earned for the past 13 years. The good news for Slash is that it shouldn't affect any of his royalties or songwriting rights for any of the GnR stuff, since that's way before they were married.

I don't particularly have an opinon on whether this is a good or bad thing for Slash, but I do hope he's able to maintain his sobriety. I also feel bad for the kids. To have their parents' breakup and struggles be a matter of public knowledge and press fodder really has to suck for them.

Edited by stella
  • Like 3

California's a community property state, so she will certainly be entitled to 50% of whatever was earned for the past 13 years. The good news for Slash is that it shouldn't affect any of his royalties or songwriting rights for any of the GnR stuff, since that's way before they were married.

I don't particularly have an opinon on whether this is a good or bad thing for Slash, but I do hope he's able to maintain his sobriety. I also feel bad for the kids. To have their parents' breakup and struggles be a matter of public knowledge and press fodder really has to suck for them.

Not so fast, they might have a prenuptial agreement. Slash said he had one the first time he got married.

Not so fast, they might have a prenuptial agreement. Slash said he had one the first time he got married.

If he was smart, he did that again and there's an airtight prenup. Still, since the GnR stuff is way before they even met, it should be off the table in any case - and that has to be a relief for him since AfD royalties are still pretty nice, apparently.

Hidden a few posts in this thread. Just a reminder not to make posts about other forums or their members. Thanks

but what if they were the original reporters?

i'm not try to stir up some shit, but this is not exactly clear in this situation

what if certain other forums started to leak some songs?

we were not able to talk about them?

Hidden a few posts in this thread. Just a reminder not to make posts about other forums or their members. Thanks

i'm not try to stir up some shit, but this is not exactly clear in this situation

I didn't think you were and I take your point. It's just the comments that follow inevitably head into name calling and we just want to avoid that situation. I think in this case there are enough other outlets (TMZ) providing news to aid discussion.

I didn't think you were and I take your point. It's just the comments that follow inevitably head into name calling and we just want to avoid that situation. I think in this case there are enough other outlets (TMZ) providing news to aid discussion.

fair enough, roger that and thanks for the explanation

On topic:

i think Perla was a bit drunk on the house tour video...

And in Norwegian newspapers!

I didn't really intend to say anything on this topic, because I am not interested in Slash' personal life, but since I have already started a posted in this thread I should just say that I feel sorry for the kids and for Perla and Slash. I hope they will leave on amicable terms, for the kids, and will succeed at being good parents to them, despite separating. Shit happens, it's about how you handle it.

From another site:

"Ladies and Gentlemen - big update to this story. Spoke to some friends in the know and it seems the truth is Perla is just feeding TMZ a sob story. Rumour is Slash moved in with Meegan is Los Angeles and They have travelled together.

Perla fed TMZ her ultimatum story but she is deceiving the fans because this relationship has been known for many months ( by the people close to them ) and they are not hiding. They just decided It was time for the public to know so it didn't look like Slash was cheating.
He filed for divorced over 6 months ago and who knows how many months they did a trial separation. Perla is in denial and Slash fans are being used by her for sympathy.

thedirty.com/2009/12/slashs-wife/

ALSO - When Erin Everly posted a picture of her and Slash it was from when he and Meegan paid her a visit in Atlanta (seems it was in the last 6 months ). I'm told she is upfront with fans that she is fond of both Axl and Slash because She sees them as her old family."

This is really sucky for their kids. But she should never have been his manager. I was always taught not to mix money with friends, so I'd imagine mixing your business affairs with your spouse is even worse. It's the same reason why (IMHO) Beta shouldn't manage Axl/Guns. Just conflicts of interest present.

A little off topic but I don't understand how Erin can be a fan of Axl as she supposedly is. She took him to court and everything yet went to a GN'R show a year or two ago and is a fan of the guy and considers him her "old family" as said in the TMZ article...That doesn't make sense to me.

A little off topic but I don't understand how Erin can be a fan of Axl as she supposedly is. She took him to court and everything yet went to a GN'R show a year or two ago and is a fan of the guy and considers him her "old family" as said in the TMZ article...That doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah but remember there was 25 years between divorcing Axl and going to see him at a show. She also sold his stuff recently and Axl's sister kicked off about it. I'm not so sure Erin and Axl are buddies.