Trying to get the original band to sign this

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Not sure if I talked about this or not before....

So after I met Axl, I decided I wanted to get the original band to all sign the same t-shirt. When I have them all, I'm going to get it framed and put it on display.

So here's how it is currently:

x3fp91.jpg

I got Axl's first. And then when I met Slash I didn't take any chances. I folded it over and hid Axl's signature.

I'm hoping I can get Duff, Izzy and Stephen to sign it. Most worried about Izzy. Only way I'll have a chance is if he plays with GN'R again and I catch him that way.

Duff and Steven should be doable. I have no idea how you'd get Izzy's. He is harder to meet than Axl!

I have a vinyl copy of AfD I have gotten signed by Slash and Duff on separate occasions. I would like to track down Steven since it shouldn't be too hard

Thats really cool. Did they react when they saw the others signature? Who did you get first?

Are you in the USA?

My fear is that Stephen won't come to Europe again on tour. (I'm in Ireland).

I was VERY close to meeting Izzy in London 2012. I was gutted. I got backstage but he had already left. I know next time to run to the doors STRAIGHT after the show.

Yeah, I met Slash first. Actually, I got Slash's signature twice. The first time, I didn't actually meet him. I had a contact with his personal assistant or something while he was touring these parts of the states (I live in Michigan). I was at the show in Grand Rapids a few years ago and his assistant tried to get us to meet him after the show. He went to his dressing room but came to tell us Slash was sick so he told us he could get stuff signed. I had an AfD CD booklet with me but when he came back, Slash had accidently signed some girl's name who was also hoping to meet him to it instead of mine! I laughed and let her keep it. I had the vinyl cover in my car and gave it to him outside the gig. He got it signed by Slash and mailed it to me. The same guy got my buddy and I into the Detroit Slash show a few months later with the VIP experience and that was where I finally met Slash. Got a booklet for UYI I signed there. That dude was super awesome.

Anyways, Duff's band, The Walking Papers was doing a festival by me and doing a signing. I showed him my vinyl and he recognized Slash's signature and joked like "tell Slash I say hi next time" or something. Cool dudes.

I've also met a few members of NuGNR and have a CD copy of ChiDem signed by a bunch and some have reacted to all the signatures whereas others don't.

Yeah, I met Slash first. Actually, I got Slash's signature twice. The first time, I didn't actually meet him. I had a contact with his personal assistant or something while he was touring these parts of the states (I live in Michigan). I was at the show in Grand Rapids a few years ago and his assistant tried to get us to meet him after the show. He went to his dressing room but came to tell us Slash was sick so he told us he could get stuff signed. I had an AfD CD booklet with me but when he came back, Slash had accidently signed some girl's name who was also hoping to meet him to it instead of mine! I laughed and let her keep it. I had the vinyl cover in my car and gave it to him outside the gig. He got it signed by Slash and mailed it to me. The same guy got my buddy and I into the Detroit Slash show a few months later with the VIP experience and that was where I finally met Slash. Got a booklet for UYI I signed there. That dude was super awesome.

Anyways, Duff's band, The Walking Papers was doing a festival by me and doing a signing. I showed him my vinyl and he recognized Slash's signature and joked like "tell Slash I say hi next time" or something. Cool dudes.

I've also met a few members of NuGNR and have a CD copy of ChiDem signed by a bunch and some have reacted to all the signatures whereas others don't.

Slash signature used to be really easy to get. I have it twice. One was at a show and the other was in the late 90s. It was before the internet totally took over. You just had to send him a letter and if you were lucky, you got an autographed picture in return. My co-worker made me write this note (cause I drove everybody mad with my GNR and Snakepit music ) and asked if they would visit my country for their tour. Anyway, I recieved a picture of him, with my name and that they would visit my country soon and his signature on it. I know more people who got it that way. Goold old days ;)

Duff signature is just really easy to get, cause he is so approachable. I think indeed Izzy's would be very difficult.

Btw SLAA, nice to see you post!

• Like 1

I'm laughing at your taking no chances and folding it over. Izzy is going to be difficult, has anyone got his autograph in about 25 years?

Definitely. I doubt I'll ever get it.

That's cool. Sounds like you got to spend some time with Slash? He didn't show up this year after the show but I met him in 2012 in Dublin. We all had to line up and wait in single file and was allowed one autograph. It was really impersonal and no photos what so ever were allowed. I really wanted to get a photo with Slash so that sucked.

Dammit all these posts and not one of you has suggested she send a PM to Izzy/WFA? :lol:

Why? Is he doing the same thing?

SLAA is back?? Long time no speak!

Hey, I remember you! How have you been?

Slash signature used to be really easy to get. I have it twice. One was at a show and the other was in the late 90s. It was before the internet totally took over. You just had to send him a letter and if you were lucky, you got an autographed picture in return. My co-worker made me write this note (cause I drove everybody mad with my GNR and Snakepit music ) and asked if they would visit my country for their tour. Anyway, I recieved a picture of him, with my name and that they would visit my country soon and his signature on it. I know more people who got it that way. Goold old days ;)

Duff signature is just really easy to get, cause he is so approachable. I think indeed Izzy's would be very difficult.

Btw SLAA, nice to see you post!

That is so cool and nice of Slash to do. I didn't know about that at all.

Thanks MB!

Get Chris Pitman to sign it. He's been in the band for 16 years!

I think he already has, but on the back... Current members don't get to be on the front :P.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. All the current members signed the back. They were the first to sign it. I didn't expect to meet Axl that night at all!

Welcome back SLAA nice to see you posting again.

Izzy is an enigma as other than playing the gigs with NuGuns does he even play live much these days?

Even Marc C. has trouble getting the guy to respond but maybe you should PM him and see if he has any advice on how to get Izzy's sig?