Weiland: "Im not opposed to doing a VR reunion tour"

KeyserSoze

This should read:

"I'm not opposed to making some decent money to pay for my wives (current and former)."

Slash is single now, maybe he have more time to do many reunions ... so, I think Scott got a chance ...

What are you a piece of rock?

(Now you can answer and maybe I'll understand what that means)...

This should read:

"I'm not opposed to making some decent money to pay for my wives (current and former)."

Slash is single now, maybe he have more time to do many reunions ... so, I think Scott got a chance ...

What are you a piece of rock?

(Now you can answer and maybe I'll understand what that means)...

I guess I was clear enough in the other thread ...

And no, I'm not a piece of rock, I'm an iceberg ... :lol:

I think there are a few problems with a VR reunion. First, is there even really a high demand for it? Contraband did well and Slither is moderately well known, plus the GNR and STP connections help but in 2015 what size crowds would they pull? Secondly is Scott even up to the task? I don't know if he is sober at the moment however it hasn't been that long ago since STP had enough of his antics - and it wasn't long before that when VR had enough in the first place as well

The afar ship sailed long ago.

It was a great lil run. Fwiw I think "the last fight" is better than anything on ChiDem.

The Last Fight is a great song and yes, better than the entire Chinese Democracy album.

I couldn't remember that song. Just listened to it. Good song.

Someone should ask Matt if he'd be open to Scott joining Kings of Chaos. Slash would either agree to it or sit it out., it's not his band to have a say in it.

Also, Axl said he'd never be on stage with Slash in GNR, that doesn't mean he wouldn't show up at a KOC concert as a surprise guest. It's a good way of saving face and not calling it a "reunion".

Edited by dalsh327

Someone should ask Matt if he'd be open to Scott joining Kings of Chaos. Slash would either agree to it or sit it out., it's not his band to have a say in it.

Also, Axl said he'd never be on stage with Slash in GNR, that doesn't mean he wouldn't show up at a KOC concert as a surprise guest. It's a good way of saving face and not calling it a "reunion".

Great idea, plus there are enough guys in KOC that if Scott has a meltdown they can plough on without him.

• Like 1

I've never seen GnR 4.2² but would still go see Velvet Revolver with Scott, even if they'd not get along at all and would do it solely for the cash.

They were amazing live...the power and presence was amazing.

All of their tunes had far more impact live than recorded.

Something was always lost there...

I've never seen GnR 4.2² but would still go see Velvet Revolver with Scott, even if they'd not get along at all and would do it solely for the cash.

They were amazing live...the power and presence was amazing.

All of their tunes had far more impact live than recorded.

Something was always lost there...

Never had the right producer for their sound imo.

I thought Slash was out of KOC?

KOC just seems to rotate, bar a few consistent members, depending on who's available. Slash and Myles were on tour themselves the last time KOC went out if I remember correctly. I'm sure if they were available there's a good chance they would've been part of it. Certainly Slash at the very least. He's a big name draw.

Slash is a part of KOC as more of a guest, Matt is the one who spearheads it, and Duff will continue to be a part of it. Steve Stevens might sit dates out because of the new Billy Idol album but face it, it's lucrative and fun to do a small handful of shows.

I saw Scott and STP at Leeds Town & County Club in 1994. It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. They were touring the Purple album and they played so loud and so tight, they were a real force in their day. Scott was such an amazing frontman in his time.

I hope they get back together but as someone else said, nobody would care.

I saw STP in like 2012. They were just ok because I really like the music. That being said, Scott seemed kinda fucked and the DeLeos didn't seem like they cared much. It was at the parking lot of the Pontiac Silverdome. DJ Ashba also did a meet and greet and Ice T opened. It was a weird event....

Still glad I saw them. I also met Scott in LA the year before that at a book signing. He didn't seem like he gave a fuck and seemed out of it.

• 3 months later...