Weiland: "Im not opposed to doing a VR reunion tour"

KeyserSoze

i know this holds absolutely no weight what so ever seeing as he is not even the singer anymore, and its probably just going to be the same "please no more VR" and "Weiland just wants to whore himself out for money" bullshit, but i just thought it might be interesting to post..

article is here:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-weiland-wouldnt-be-opposed-to-doing-a-velvet-revolver-reunion-tour/

heres weilands quote: On whether he thinks he could get along with]Slash now that the VELVET REVOLVER guitarist is getting divorced from his wife, Perla Hudson:
Weiland: "I have no problem with Slash. I have no problem with him at all. I wouldn't be opposed to, at some point, doing a [VELVET REVOLVER] reunion tour. That's just coming from my perspective, though. I know there's been a little banter before. And he was doing his own solo project, so he defused that. But, you know… That's the thing about rock and roll: you never can say never."

Edited by KeyserSoze

Is this code for "I need money"?

I mean by all accounts Scott was booted from both bands for being unreliable as a person and at times a frontman due to drugs. Of course HE wouldn't be opposed but I wouldn't be suprised if all of his bandmates are

I think Duff and Matt and Dave'd like VR to move forward, Duff seems to bring it up all the time, but with Slash now 2 and a bit albums in with Myles and playing arenas in certain markets, I don't think he's as willing as the others to get back together.

I prefer Slash's solo music to VR, to be honest, just a few songs from Contraband I like and even those I rarely listen to. I prefer Myles' voice to Weiland's (I really like Myles' live covers of Fall to Pieces), Weiland to me always seems to be trying to be someone else: he was a Vedder-wannabe in STP, an Axl-wannabe in VR, and a Bowie-wannabe in his solo career. Been listening to World on Fire pretty solidly since it came out, would like to hear Slash & Myles build upon what they've started.

• Like 1

Contraband is the only real good album made by ex-gunners IMO. It's the modern hard rock album CD never got to be. Some brilliant songs in there. Wouldn't mind a reunion, but the world has obviously forgotten about them.

Not only that - but until Scott cleans up his personal life, NOBODY wants him. His own bandmates from STP kicked him out, and that was supposedly "his" band. He's got drinking and drug problems that are taking a toll on him physically (he's aged ten years overnight) and he's on his way to an early grave.

• Like 2

He probably did that STP reunion fishing because the Libertad tour wasn't a huge success because the album went by unnoticed because they couldn't get a cohesive vision for the album because the band were at odds with Scott and Brenden O'brien because there just wasn't much chemistry there to begin with!@ I love Contraband and I loved seeing VR but we were lucky they had the success they did and it's never happening again.

Edited by Ant

He's the one what walked in the first place. VR would probably still be going if he hadn't started to try and reunite with STP during the Libertad tour.

Not quite. The band was clearly pushing against his behavior so he walked in the typical stubborn addict way, thinking he had better options available rather than acknowledge his issues. Only thing is, that didn't work out for him when his former bandmates came at him with the same problems as Slash and co. did.

Proven Bullshit

No, that was legitimate. TMZ reported it and had the legal papers to prove it.

I'd love a VR reunion, but I doubt this would ever happen, that ship sailed.

Libertad is such an underrated album, IMHO. Contraband may have had the better singles, but Libertad was a stronger album, overall. The DVD from the 2008 tour is pretty killer too. The band just sound really loose, yet tight. Sorry it all fell apart.

Not gonna happen Scott ! Move on! ;)

You might run the Slash fans in Poland site but none of us know that a VR reunion will never take place. What if Slash gets taken to the cleaners in his divorce?

It's just his opinion.

Besides he runs Slashfrance, not the poland site

Not gonna happen Scott ! Move on! ;)

You might run the Slash fans in Poland site but none of us know that a VR reunion will never take place. What if Slash gets taken to the cleaners in his divorce?

Not Poland man but you might just read what's going on with VR; trust me, only Scott Weiland put the topic on the table, the other guys just wanna move on (they already had). Just my two cents. ;)