Art of Anarchy (Band w/ BBF & Weiland)

the solution would be to do half cd2 songs,half current band…thatll keep ron happy and we get a new album.

Nope the solution is: if some hired hand is unhappy with his paycheck or the lack of new music, then always can fuck off from this band

Don't get me wrong i do not support how this band operates and pretends to be an actuacl band, but truth is the truth hurts don't you agree...

Even Axl has a history in recent times of considering the lineup as a sort of fluid thing where people are added and contribute as necesarry. So you have some guys working on music (including Tobias and Brain) and other guys touring. Bumblefoot "quitting the band" might just mean he is not willing to sign a new contract for another bout of touring, unless it doesn't conflict with his other projects. As far as Axl is concerned, in between active period, the band doesn't really exist. It is put together on an ad hoc basis as required.

Yup. It's Axls band/brand. He's Boss. Pretty fickle about who he will do studio work with apparently. Whatever. It don't really matter. I like the music Axl makes. Just wish he'd release more stuff. Take a break from touring and sit in the studio for a couple of months, here and there and really work on new tunes and put it out there. I could care less if BBF is out of the band. Axl should get Izzy back on board. That'd be awesome. Even just to write some songs together...

Someone no doubt already said this, but if anyone thinks Axl Rose, that most forgiving and even tempered of men, will be playing with BBF after he's defected (or attempted to defect) to the guy who declared him a 'wig-wearing son of a bitch'....well.....

Duff played with Weiland after he said that about Axl and then played several shows with Gn'R since then.

Yeah, but Duff's not an employee who's expected to tow the party line.
you answered your own question it appears

I had a question? :blink:

maybe not but your statement would assume bumble is an employee when its pretty clear

Ron's not officially out of GNR, I know they haven't always made "official announcements" when a member left. All we know is the band is on break for the first half of this year and Axl is looking into putting a new album out. "Looking into" is noncommittal.

Great. Another disposable band.10zzhhf.gif

I think they had some fun together and recorded it, can't see that as a negative IMO

It's a negative if people like it and Scott just turns his back on it like it already sounds like he is doing. Rock needs a strong band not another disposable project.

From Scott's Facebook:

"I just saw some press about a side project called art of anarchy that I worked on last year – I wrote and put my vocals down for these guys and had fun doing a couple of videos too, we had a lot of fun. When they find their front man to hit the road and play some dates, check them out. In the meantime, if you want to check out where I’m at RIGHT NOW, check out my band, SCOTT WEILAND AND THE WILDABOUTS. I couldn’t be more excited about our new record, Blaster, that comes out March 31st. You can see us on the road starting in Feb, and at Sundance next week and SXSW in March. Here's some footage of us in the studio performing White Lightning and a new song called Circles.

- Scott"

Sounds douche-y, but then again, why would they (AoA) release a statement where they say Scott is on-board full time, when he is not. Anyway, my excitement just died a little. Poor Bumble, he can't find a sane front man.

It does sound "douche-y". Goddamn, I was excited for once. Oh well, I know I won't be losing any sleep over this. :shrugs:

Here is what I think is going on:

Bumblefoot has quit or is on the verge of quitting.

Axl, after having burnt bridges with Buckethead by announcing his departure for him and being all angry, is keeping his mouth shut until the decision is 100%, or a replacement has been found, as he does not want to burn the bridge with Bumble in the same way he did with Bucket. According to people who know Bucket, it was Axl's press release regarding his departure that cemented Bucket never returning under any circumstances.

Ron, too, probably wants to keep his options open for a return IF certain conditions are in the future met, and hence unlike when Slash left, he isn't being vocal. He knows Axl well enough now to know Axl's reaction to talking to the press. Gilby going and saying there would never be another GN'R album again in May 1994 cemented his being fired the next month.

So right now I imagine discussions between Ron and TB (perhaps without Axl's full knowledge) are taking place to see if some sort of compromise can be reached.

• Like 1

Bottom line is: Ron being in or out of GNR has zero effect on Axl releasing new or "new" music. He's a non-entity in that regard. If he has recorded anything for Axl, Axl will decide whether or not he wants to use it. As far as touring goes, Ron came in last minute so to speak and learned the songs on the fly and was fine. If Axl wants to continue with a ridiculous 3 guitarists, he can find any competent guitarist and that guitarist can do the same thing Ron did when he joined.

Ron's solo album, this Art Of Anarchy one off, the other album he's producing with the Exodus singer and DMC, any other projects he has on his table...none of that affects what Axl will do. Or doesn't do, which is the more likely case.

But I guess Ron is now persona non grata to GNR fans and the newest enemy.

Carry on........

• Like 4

Without Weiland this is just a b-list band. Certainly not a "supergroup." Its BBF and a couple of guys from Disturbed haha.

They actually called themselves a "mega group". I am doing my best not write "lol". Assuming a "mega group" is even better than a "supergroup", and with Scott gone, I assume they think they now have plummeted down to mere "supergroup" level.

• Like 2

Bottom line is: Ron being in or out of GNR has zero effect on Axl releasing new or "new" music. He's a non-entity in that regard. If he has recorded anything for Axl, Axl will decide whether or not he wants to use it. As far as touring goes, Ron came in last minute so to speak and learned the songs on the fly and was fine. If Axl wants to continue with a ridiculous 3 guitarists, he can find any competent guitarist and that guitarist can do the same thing Ron did when he joined.

Ron's solo album, this Art Of Anarchy one off, the other album he's producing with the Exodus singer and DMC, any other projects he has on his table...none of that affects what Axl will do. Or doesn't do, which is the more likely case.

Carry on........

I would def. agree that new music is off the table as part of Bumble's "demands." He's fooling himself if he thinks that's a possibility. The most he can probably hope for is better communication with Team Brazil, and even that's probably a stretch.

Bumble is kicking up some sand recently, but with Weiland not being an active member this doesn't seem like much of an issue anymore. For the past several years Axl and TB have shown that they're content on getting by with the least amount of effort possible. Finding a replacement wouldn't necessarily be a huge inconvenience but they'd still have to deal with any of the potential backlash and the task itself.

Edited by jbhutto

So it's over before it began. Scott made his point with "where I'm at RIGHT NOW". I'm speculating they sat on this for a while to try to get it out on a major label.

A bit disrespectful, really -- unless they were trying to fuck him over.

I'm assuming he wasn't prepared for the announcement and got hit with a lot of "WTF is going on" from all sides, because Scott has tour dates booked into the spring and people are assuming the tour is scrapped. When Sixx: AM announced new music they also made it clear in the past what was going on with DJ in GNR and Nikki in Motley.

Carry on........

I never liked that BBF guy :awesomeface:

• Like 1

Carry on........

I never liked that BBF guy :awesomeface:

I guess the Brazil ban on BBF starts now.