Art of Anarchy (Band w/ BBF & Weiland)

Lol

"I'm going to focus on my solo career."

*Immediately joins a "supergroup" with the dude who replaced Axl Rose, who he just stopped working for*

Come on, Ron.

I would counter that again with Ron will have alot of say in this band, he had zero say in Guns as far as schedule and touring etc. This is not to be compared in that respect IMO

Lol

*Immediately joins a "supergroup" with the dude who replaced Axl Rose, who he just stopped working for*

Come on, Ron.

I would counter that again with Ron will have alot of say in this band, he had zero say in Guns as far as schedule and touring etc. This is not to be compared in that respect IMO

Yeah, plus I'd add that Ron's major gripe didn't necessarily seem to be the time spent with GN'R but rather the nature of how it was run, ie he'd effectively have to be on call all the time in case there was a tour so couldn't do anything else. I imagine he wouldn't have had a problem if he knew in advance when he'd be working (which is hardly a major ask really...).

Can you blame him?

Bucket, Robin, Ron...they all got bored of basically being in a cover band. They're better than that.

Hopefully DJ will bugger off too but I reckon his long term goals are to leech off GNR for as long as possible.

• Like 3

If they covered a VR song, I'm sorry but I'd lol at Ron really hard.

Still wouldn't beat Fortus in terms of covering Slash material, though: he covered his work when touring with Rihanna and The Dead Daisies as well.

Nobody thinks AOA will reinvent the wheel but I'm just hoping for some good, melodic&catchy tunes. Any true Weiland fan knows he is a chameleon and is constantly switching things up as far as his look and musical output. Between this and his new solo album it's a great time to be a Weiland fan.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Lol

Come on, Ron.

I would counter that this isn't a solo project and is instead a cash grab "supergroup" playing off the legacies of older bands, made more ridiculous he will now be playing for Scott Weiland instead of Axl.

Lol

Come on, Ron.

I would counter that this isn't a solo project and is instead a cash grab "supergroup" playing off the legacies of older bands, made more ridiculous he will now be playing for Scott Weiland instead of Axl.

Thal is also releasing a solo album this year along with this

This is surprising that Bumble went to the enemy. Okay, not super surprising.

I wonder what Axl will do now.

Ron is a 40-something year old man with bills to pay&a family. He's lucky to make his living doing what he loves.I doubt he cares about feuds between multi millionaire rock stars. Like Slash, he just wants to play& that's pretty cool.

• Like 4

Lol

Come on, Ron.

I disagree, if this is a serious band and they want to do the great things they talk about about, they will need to tour the heck out of the album leaving little to no time for Bumble and his solo career. With Guns the touring is much less than a start up, 3-4 months of the year usually, album cycles are different of course... New bands with a new album need to be on the road consistently, doing interviews, playing shows all around the world, launching a new band/album needs a solid year of promotion minimum anything less is put to the side project category. Guns decisions were made without bumbles input but they definitely left a lot more opportunity to pursue a co-existing solo career, and he definitely earns more as a GnR guitarist.

The only benefit I can see from Bumbles point of view would be that he's able to be creative. That's great, but in the real world you have to make money, GnR generate money, new bands... even "supergroups" struggle to make a penny, look at Hellyeah, big names, but they have had to tour consistently to make a name for themselves and to escape the mantles of their previous bands.

End of the day, I'm sure Bumbles thought about all of this, I would think that he wants to give his solo album a fair shake after spending the past 6/7 months working on it but you just never know, he might consider this band the real deal and he's willing to go back on his word about nurturing his solo career and instead focus on art of anarchy... basically putting even less focus on his solo material than he did with GnR (which at least allowed him the opportunity to play his own songs during solo spots to hundreds of thousands of people all around the world... GnR were so unreasonable).

If you thought my post was serious then GNR fans really are as dumb as they look.

A little wordplay, sweet hearts.

Good on Ron. He seems like a good dude. I wish him the best.

If you weren't being serious you would've added a smiley face or some quotes around enemy, Broham. Sarcasm is hard to read through message board posts, Chief. Next time make it simple for us dumb GN'R fans on the GN'R board to understand.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Aww fuck. Weiland posted on Facebook that he won't be the touring vocalist for AOA.I can't post it from my phone but that news sucks.

Pretty sure it is going to be Chester Bennington...

Lol. Maybe they could get Richard Patrick of Filter who fronted the other AOA-Army Of Anyone , the band which also featured the other non-Weiland members of STP.

Ron is a good dude, no question. I still like a lot of his solo music, and I'm still curious about his new solo album. What I don't have any time for is his passive comments about gnr in interviews or, on twitter/FB, and I don't have much time for this new move working with Scott Weiland, whom I'm confident Axl still has a grudge. Working with Scott right after GnR looks to fans (who don't know the full story) like a slap to Axl's face who elevated Bumbles career more than anyone else in the music industry.

Now, Bumble doesn't owe Axl never ending allegiance, it's just a job but a certain level of respect should be paid to him. Axl is the boss but management booked the tours, it's managements job to know if the band members are available and not to double book the band scuppering individuals plans outside of gnr... not Axl. Axl's job is to sign off on the tour, pay the band/crew and assume his management have done their jobs. I feel sorry for how he was treated in regard to touring after the car accident, and the bullying from Tommy and the other guys in the early days, so I understand things have not been great for Ron In GnR but the professional way to deal with things like this is to not discuss it publicly, because it essentially blows back on one person... Axl.

"I just saw some press about a side project called art of anarchy that I worked on last year – I wrote and put my vocals down for these guys and had fun doing a couple of videos too, we had a lot of fun. When they find their front man to hit the road and play some dates, check them out. In the meantime, if you want to check out where I’m at RIGHT NOW, check out my band, SCOTT WEILAND AND THE WILDABOUTS. I couldn’t be more excited about our new record, Blaster, that comes out March 31st. You can see us on the road starting in Feb, and at Sundance next week and SXSW in March. Here's some footage of us in the studio performing White Lightning and a new song called Circles.

- Scott"

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the Youtube vid.

Edited by jbhutto