Art of Anarchy (Band w/ BBF & Weiland)

I just saw some press about a side project called art of anarchy that I worked on last year – I wrote and put my vocals down for these guys and had fun doing a couple of videos too, we had a lot of fun. When they find their front man to hit the road and play some dates, check them out. In the meantime, if you want to check out where I’m at RIGHT NOW, check out my band, SCOTT WEILAND AND THE WILDABOUTS. I couldn’t be more excited about our new record, Blaster, that comes out March 31st. You can see us on the road starting in Feb, and at Sundance next week and SXSW in March. Here's some footage of us in the studio performing White Lightning and a new song called Circles.
- Scott

Looks like things have unravelled far quicker than anyone could have imagined... the press release didn't mention anything about a guest appearance from Scott and a replacement singer... hmmm?

This whole thing seems so odd to me. Out of all

people, Ron hooked up with Weiland? :lol:.

Totally indifferent to the music one way or the other. Did absolutely nothing for me.

Is he still doing the solo thing too? Isn't that supposed to come out around the same time?

I have nothing but respect for BBF. He is doing what he wants to do and that is making music to be release and heard which was not guaranteed to happen anytime soon in GNR land and if it did happen he might just be adding to what has already been recorded, I bet he took a stand and he walked or was told see ya!! I respect that.

For those that say he is just living off the he got with GNR because he was an underground musician before GNR, He has been in GNR since 2006 and for time served he should be able to use his time with GNR as a springboard for his other bands and solo work.

I know what they put out was a teaser of what's to come, but it sounds extremely generic. But I guess any song would song generic next to any song on CD.

I might think otherwise when I hear hear the songs in their entirety.

Lol

"I'm going to focus on my solo career."

*Immediately joins a "supergroup" with the dude who replaced Axl Rose, who he just stopped working for*

Come on, Ron.

I would counter that again with Ron will have alot of say in this band, he had zero say in Guns as far as schedule and touring etc. This is not to be compared in that respect IMO

I disagree, if this is a serious band and they want to do the great things they talk about about, they will need to tour the heck out of the album leaving little to no time for Bumble and his solo career. With Guns the touring is much less than a start up, 3-4 months of the year usually, album cycles are different of course... New bands with a new album need to be on the road consistently, doing interviews, playing shows all around the world, launching a new band/album needs a solid year of promotion minimum anything less is put to the side project category. Guns decisions were made without bumbles input but they definitely left a lot more opportunity to pursue a co-existing solo career, and he definitely earns more as a GnR guitarist.

The only benefit I can see from Bumbles point of view would be that he's able to be creative. That's great, but in the real world you have to make money, GnR generate money, new bands... even "supergroups" struggle to make a penny, look at Hellyeah, big names, but they have had to tour consistently to make a name for themselves and to escape the mantles of their previous bands.

End of the day, I'm sure Bumbles thought about all of this, I would think that he wants to give his solo album a fair shake after spending the past 6/7 months working on it but you just never know, he might consider this band the real deal and he's willing to go back on his word about nurturing his solo career and instead focus on art of anarchy... basically putting even less focus on his solo material than he did with GnR (which at least allowed him the opportunity to play his own songs during solo spots to hundreds of thousands of people all around the world... GnR were so unreasonable).

He can handle it being in control of his own schedule was my point. I think we will see Ron having a busy year.

Is it like hard rock? Fuck, I'm actually psyched about this project :lol:

A chance to hear Bumble shine in a real band setting, and with another lead guitarist to compliment him? AND with a potentially fucked up Scott? Fuck yeah! :headbang:

One more fuck from you Zosorose & I'll be forced to report you. Is that fucking clear......ooooops :o

So all those who doubted Subsy when I told everyone he was out BEFORE Vegas (before any rumours had evn occurred) when others tried to discredit (inc my own co admin HV who didn't believe it :) and other large personalities went further stating "Subs is lying I've spoken to BBF I can't divulge but I can tell you he's not leaving gnr after Vegas" type nonsense -- can all, line up and kiss my perfectly and yet ever so beautiful british bottom

Thanks.

Seeing as nobody else will I'll do it for you even though I can't remember if doubted you or not. 942368181425d4040d75695f808fd2d42533702c

• Like 2

Scott's comment definitely seems awkward, not exactly a glowing endorsement. He just kinda brushes off Art of Anarchy ( and seems surprised, I guess? ) and then proceeds to promote his other album.

Also seems odd for BBF or whoever is behind Anarchy deciding to plow ahead regardless. #bumblefucked

I guess this is just par for course in GnR Land, what seems(seemed) to be like an answer only brings up more questions.

Lol

"I'm going to focus on my solo career."

*Immediately joins a "supergroup" with the dude who replaced Axl Rose, who he just stopped working for*

Come on, Ron.

I would counter that again with Ron will have alot of say in this band, he had zero say in Guns as far as schedule and touring etc. This is not to be compared in that respect IMO

I disagree, if this is a serious band and they want to do the great things they talk about about, they will need to tour the heck out of the album leaving little to no time for Bumble and his solo career. With Guns the touring is much less than a start up, 3-4 months of the year usually, album cycles are different of course... New bands with a new album need to be on the road consistently, doing interviews, playing shows all around the world, launching a new band/album needs a solid year of promotion minimum anything less is put to the side project category. Guns decisions were made without bumbles input but they definitely left a lot more opportunity to pursue a co-existing solo career, and he definitely earns more as a GnR guitarist.

The only benefit I can see from Bumbles point of view would be that he's able to be creative. That's great, but in the real world you have to make money, GnR generate money, new bands... even "supergroups" struggle to make a penny, look at Hellyeah, big names, but they have had to tour consistently to make a name for themselves and to escape the mantles of their previous bands.

End of the day, I'm sure Bumbles thought about all of this, I would think that he wants to give his solo album a fair shake after spending the past 6/7 months working on it but you just never know, he might consider this band the real deal and he's willing to go back on his word about nurturing his solo career and instead focus on art of anarchy... basically putting even less focus on his solo material than he did with GnR (which at least allowed him the opportunity to play his own songs during solo spots to hundreds of thousands of people all around the world... GnR were so unreasonable).

He can handle it being in control of his own schedule was my point. I think we will see Ron having a busy year.

True, if he is in fact in control of the schedule then he's going to be able to balance both. My point was that a new band needs a lot of attention, which might be more than he originally bargained for when he said yes to the collaboration. I think it's great that he's working with a host of new people, I don't think Scott was a good person to work with, he's out now though, so we'll see who steps in to the singer position.

When Art of anarchy find a replacement for Scott, the next gag is obviously that Matt and Dave kushner will nab him for VR :D

lol, "the enemy"

I can't stand Scott, but good on Ron for finding a band with some relatively relevant players where he can actually contribute. I mean fuck, they already have an album ready and we just found out about their existence.

But no, it's all about Axl and Slash. He's betraying Axl and going off to do the only thing he's good at, covering Slash's VR songs.

GNR fans :rolleyes:

exactly. all those guys were in bands that either broke up or are on some kind of indefinite hiatus. ron found a group that wanted to do something and now they are already lining up an album with a release set for sometime this year. why stick around a never ending nostalgia tour where all your creativity is stifled or ignored? ron tried to change things in gnr tried to vent frustration and no one gave two fucks within the band.

this whole "bumble covering slash songs lol" is just stupid to be honest. heaven forbid scott not play songs he helped write and create. they are already creating their own material and so what if they want to do a VR song or a bumblefoot solo song? also the whole what about bumble's solo career. this band is probably going to be flexible where he can manage both far better than anything he could do. im sure this band will actually have some kind of schedule where they can plan on doing things at certain times and bumble can schedule accordingly. its not gnr where bumble plans something just to have axl and TB hit him with another nostalgia tour in south america on three weeks notice.

"I just saw some press about a side project called art of anarchy that I worked on last year – I wrote and put my vocals down for these guys and had fun doing a couple of videos too, we had a lot of fun. When they find their front man to hit the road and play some dates, check them out. In the meantime, if you want to check out where I’m at RIGHT NOW, check out my band, SCOTT WEILAND AND THE WILDABOUTS. I couldn’t be more excited about our new record, Blaster, that comes out March 31st. You can see us on the road starting in Feb, and at Sundance next week and SXSW in March. Here's some footage of us in the studio performing White Lightning and a new song called Circles.

- Scott"

Well what the fuck...

A chance to hear Bumble shine in a real band setting, and with another lead guitarist to compliment him? AND with a potentially fucked up Scott? Fuck yeah! :headbang:

One more fuck from you Zosorose & I'll be forced to report you. Is that fucking clear......ooooops :o

Jesus I have a language problem lol

"I just saw some press about a side project called art of anarchy that I worked on last year – I wrote and put my vocals down for these guys and had fun doing a couple of videos too, we had a lot of fun. When they find their front man to hit the road and play some dates, check them out. In the meantime, if you want to check out where I’m at RIGHT NOW, check out my band, SCOTT WEILAND AND THE WILDABOUTS. I couldn’t be more excited about our new record, Blaster, that comes out March 31st. You can see us on the road starting in Feb, and at Sundance next week and SXSW in March. Here's some footage of us in the studio performing White Lightning and a new song called Circles.

- Scott"

Well what the fuck...

Jesus I have a language problem lol

:lol: Please don't call me Jesus, & I hope BBF tours with gnr while earning money from sales from the other band. I don't mind what I've heard & as I'm not familiar with anyone apart from BBF it's a new sound for me, so I don't have to compare it with previous music. Waiting to hear more from your band too, you might end up being the supporting act for them. :P I've got great plans for you :headbang:

Scott's comment definitely seems awkward, not exactly a glowing endorsement. He just kinda brushes off Art of Anarchy ( and seems surprised, I guess? ) and then proceeds to promote his other album.

Also seems odd for BBF or whoever is behind Anarchy deciding to plow ahead regardless. #bumblefucked

I guess this is just par for course in GnR Land, what seems(seemed) to be like an answer only brings up more questions.

Scott must have thought that Bumblefoot was Adler... When he realized it wasn't Adler... He left because there was no drugs...

• Like 2

The bass player is from one of my favorite one album bands ever.

big fan of an education in rebellion great album shame the union underground only made the one album. pretty much the only band with a nu metalish sound that i liked.

• Like 1

The bass player is from one of my favorite one album bands ever.

big fan of an education in rebellion great album shame the union underground only made the one album. pretty much the only band with a nu metalish sound that i liked.

I always hoped for a follow up. Too bad it never happened.

• Like 1

Another news: The singer from Exodus talks about being fired and having his album with DMC played and produced by Bumblefoot.

Dukes bumped into DMC at the airport as he waited for his flight back to New York following Rock On The Range. The pair discussed collaborating on a song, but eventually decided to do an entire album together – produced by Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal.

DMC says: "Yo a funny thing happened on the way to Rock On The Range. I ran in to Rob Dukes – that boy can sing. That boy's voice is crazy. He was like, 'Yo DMC what's up, I wanna give you my CD.

Next morning I'm in the airport and Rob Dukes is in the airport. I say, 'We should make a song together, I'm serious.'

"Then I run into Bumblefoot. He wanna write, he wanna produce, he wanna play on the damn record. This is crazy. this is rock 'n' roll, this is metal, this is hop hop. I am fired up, so you better stay out of my way."

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-01-21/dukes-sacked-by-exodus-while-on-honeymoon

Another news: The singer from Exodus talks about being fired and having his album with DMC played and produced by Bumblefoot.

Dukes bumped into DMC at the airport as he waited for his flight back to New York following Rock On The Range. The pair discussed collaborating on a song, but eventually decided to do an entire album together – produced by Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal.

DMC says: "Yo a funny thing happened on the way to Rock On The Range. I ran in to Rob Dukes – that boy can sing. That boy's voice is crazy. He was like, 'Yo DMC what's up, I wanna give you my CD.

Next morning I'm in the airport and Rob Dukes is in the airport. I say, 'We should make a song together, I'm serious.'

"Then I run into Bumblefoot. He wanna write, he wanna produce, he wanna play on the damn record. This is crazy. this is rock 'n' roll, this is metal, this is hop hop. I am fired up, so you better stay out of my way."

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-01-21/dukes-sacked-by-exodus-while-on-honeymoon

Yet another Bumble project? !!!

Edited by gunsguy

The first track sounds like really bad sleaze rock that Weiland probably would have made fun of in the STP days. The second sounds like generic radio rock, with Weiland singing, which is just disconcerting, considering what he is capable of.

However, scott and bumble getting together after all of this is a beautiful subplot.