The UYI Tour thread (questions, facts, etc)

Hi guys, I'm mostly new here but have been a fan of the band for a really long time. My favorite era is the UYI tour, I wish I had the opportunity to see them then.

Anyhow, I wanted to start a thread about this time so people can ask questions etc:

- Did Axl ever explain the way he dressed and his constant change of clothes? A longgg time ago I think there was an interview with him talking about it but I can't find it.

- Are there any full PROSHOT videos from '93? (Aside from the Argentina shows)

- Do you guys think there are video/audio recording from this tour that we have not seen yet? I wonder if the band actually recorded all of the tour and someone has all those tapes.

- Was the "Perfect Crime" documentary a real thing?

Thanks!

The band filmed all the shows in pro-shot, they were supposed to release an UYI Tour documentary in 1993-1994, but - as we know - that never happened. According to Marc Canter, up to 2008, Axl still had all the tapes -- that's what real Gn'R fans call "the vault".

-- that's what real Gn'R fans call "the vault".

:lol: You make it sound so cool. While in fact it's kind of pathetic we all know of and await the magic opening of the vault.

It's like waiting for Godot really.

:lol: You make it sound so cool. While in fact it's kind of pathetic we all know of and await the magic opening of the vault.

It's like waiting for Godot reall

...we'll never get to see it.

It's like waiting for Godot really.

I feel like I have borrowed that from Disney. They have a 'vault' for movies they will release or movies they released for a period of time and went back to the vault, making them kind of 'rare'. So yeah, I know, I'm more of a loser than everybody else for knowing what a Disney vault is. :lol:

Will we ever see it? I don't think so but hey, no one knows for sure.

Always heard stories of how Duff and Slash were doing excessive amount of drugs and alcohol during the UYI tour. What about the other guys? Axl, Gilby or Matt? Gilby and Matt looked like they had their crap together .

The quality looked better than the dvd. Wish they would release a blu ray of the real band

yea it looks like they ran it through an HD processor. It kind of hurt the audio, but I love that performance. I haven't seen too many performances of So Fine live so the interaction between Duff and Axl at around 1:30 and when Axl raises his voice near 2 min mark are just incredible moments for me to watch as a fan. I wish they had performed it this past year when Duff joined Axl, but Slash's guitar sounds amazing when he hits that little solo moment.

interessting is the helmet camera: (thanks Jwalker19)

hdxed.gif

what is this supposed to be? For the perfect crime docu?

No it is in the Dead Horse video

Yeah it's the dead horse video is great, the helmet cam was a top idea

interessting is the helmet camera: (thanks Jwalker19)

hdxed.gif

what is this supposed to be? For the perfect crime docu?

No it is in the Dead Horse video

Yeah it's the dead horse video is great, the helmet cam was a top idea

i know it's a clip from Dead Horse Music Video but i don't think so, the helmet cam was planed ONLY for the Music Video. It looks like a late '92 footage (Stadium Tour / South American Tour) and Dead Horse was not a part of the Setlist in late '92. I think Axl Rose was planning a bigger thing than only a 4 minutes music videos of random live clips

yeah i found a info: This was 17th September 1992 in Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City. Before 'Mr. Brownstone,' Axl tells the crowd he'll be wearing a helmet-cam on his head throughout the show because he is filming a video!

So mabye it was really only for a simple music video :-(

watch 00:04:18 in this video: GREAT STUFF!!!

Edited by t-p-d-a

• 4 weeks later...