Would you support Axl if he wrote for Disney?

I was listening to Elton John's Can You Feel the Love Tonight? the other day and it got me thinking, what if Axl Rose plopped himself in front of the piano and wrote for an up and coming Pixar, DreamWorks, or Disney film? Axl is an extremely emotional guy and these types of movies are extremely emotional as well. It is like peanut butter and jelly. It belongs together.

I can't think of a better way to skyrocket back into the limelight personally.

Your thoughts?

Sure, why not?

That said, I DOUBT that will happen... GnR isn't really known for family friendly songs. I'm sure Disney isn't going to call Axl and ask to use "Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy And Me" on their next movie.

I'm sure we'll see more new GnR songs in movies, but not a Disney movie.

I think the big difference between Elton, Phil Collins, and Axl is that Elton and Phil have songwriting talent. Axl has a good voice, or did, but time has proven he isn't a good songwriter, or even a good piano player, really. He can fake it on the ivories, but, admittedly, he's not a very good piano player. So, no. Axl will never be back in the limelight. He had his time. Sorry.

Axl's not the type of guy who'd be asked to write for Disney. Elton and Phil Collins were established as pop music guys with active careers when they were asked to write for Disney. Axl's never been a pop star, for one; he is viewed by most as an '80s rocker; two, he's viewed as unstable and thus a company like Disney wouldn't want to work with him as he'd be considered a liability; third, Axl hasn't had a popular hit since 1993. Outside of this forum he's kind of forgotten.

If he ever were to do this a lot would have to change. The Disney public is mostly conceived of people who don't really know much about Guns n' Roses and if they do they percieve Axl as "the asshole who broke up original Gn'R", so he would have to do it as a solo piano player. Secondly, he isn't exactly known for his graceful behaviour in the industry. Just envision this scenario:

Disney Employee 1: Hey, we really need a piano-driven soundtrack for the next major animation blockbuster. Any credible musicians in the industry we could hire?

Disney Employee 2: Hah, you were actually CONSIDERING people?! Just give Axl a call, man. He is in the limelight of his career!!! How could you even consider someone else, haven't you seen 2011's legendary Rock in Rio performance?! AWESOME!! Axl has forged a bright future for himself with these new players!! The synergy is through the ROOF!!! Old band? Ha! Forget about these losers, haven't you seen DJ Ashba, you poser? Elton John is a joke, give Axl a call right the fuck now. What kind of a clueless freak are you?

Disney Employee 1: Damn... What a dumbass I am. You're right I should indeed call Axl and have the legendary DJ Ashba support him on acoustic guitar in a nice family friendly acoustic guitar/piano soundtrack. *ring* "Hello? Oh MY GOD, is this the esteemed Beta Lebeis I'm speaking with? The one with the renowned management qualities? Yeah, could I please speak to you about this idea I have for a soundtrack with Axl? I know you guys must be really busy and all..."

Does this sound logical to any of you?

Composing for a movie has a deadline. He said he composes sometimes.

Axl's Disney connection was Josh Freese.

I'm sure there's people who work on Disney sessions who have been in bands. One of the former bassists in Black Flag works in the sound department on movies like Twilight and Harry Potter.

Maybe back in 1988, GNR would have taken part on this album

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stay_Awake:_Various_Interpretations_of_Music_from_Vintage_Disney_Films

Edited by dalsh327

Sure. He's a musician (allegedly) so why not. My only issue would be why the fuck can he sit down and pen an original song for a Disney movie and yet he can't sit down and release a new GnR song let alone an album. In a way I think it would be a real kick in the teeth to GnR fans if Mr. Excuse sat down and not only wrote, but recorded and agreed to release new material all the while GnR just sits on the shelf collecting dust. It would make a person really scratch their head and possibly cause a big backlash among GnR fans for that reason. Like oh wow Axl writes a new song for children's Disney movie but continues to lie to GnR fans about new GnR material being almost ready. Aside from that I'd have no problem with it and nobody else should either. The funny part thought would be watching all the people over the years who would call Slash a whore for doing such a thing praise Axl for stretching himself creatively haha.

Well yeah, would be really cool as well. I love Disney movies!

Indeed something like the Megamind movie (which is Dreamworks and one of my favorites). I think a Dreamworks movie would be indeed more suited though.

I'd support Axl if he decided to spend the rest of his career writing disco anthems about buttplugs. The guy has talent and individuality and that's good enough for me. I'd support him doing anything - but I'm fucking through supporting him doing nothing.

Maybe he could do an In the Key of Disney type album of covers like Brian Wilson. Wouldn't have to write anything, would actually be able to put out "new" music, and it could potentially lure Bucket back.

Edited by jbhutto