DJ Ashba - New Interview (Nothing happening)

DJ doing nothing with GNR?

Best GNR news I've heard in years.

This, a thousand times this.

I get sick of going on about him, but DJ honestly ruins my any enjoyment of watching this band live...even when he isn't fucking up.

• Like 2

My guess is that we will have the long awaited reunion by early 2016 , when Slash's tour ends. Yeah, based on nothing <_<

IMHO there are more possibilities of this happening than CD getting released or a new tour. I also agree with tomfriend about the gold record gifts...

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Wait...............do you remember de rumours of Axl retiring?.....

I can see that happening,of course he knows that his voice has gone since 2011.Something happen in his throat for sure 100%.

Axl is not retiring. He has found the sweet spot between not really doing anything and making money so he will be able to not really do anything. You're sitting in it.

Having a record done and being able to go on tour at your convenience is like one of those chicks that sit at the finish line and wait for winners to approach. Why back potential when you see a winner coming.

• Like 1

Yep, reunion seems more likely than a new album.

That's silly. Axl hates Slash. Axl won't just release half of the work like I always say. He will at least attempt to get it released.

Speaking of silliness... Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

Sad to say, but at this point I really don't care if he retires or not. All I dream about is getting at least one more album of material from who I consider to be the greatest rock singer of my generation. It sucks that I own 17 LA Guns albums but only five by GnR.

I can't even imagine how amazing it would be if GnR had a catalog of 10-11 albums worth of original material. Can you imagine if we had 70 more Guns n Roses songs to listen to?

I've been a die-hard Axl fan since 1988. But for the first time, I'm ready to give up on the dude. One album in 24 years. Seven years since the last album, band members quitting, and no news or hope on another album in the future.

One more album and another Vegas residency and then fade away. At this point, is that the best we can hope for?

Axl Rose. The man always did things his way. His own integrity in check, his own happiness the only thing that mattered to him. Sucks the fans were never part of his equation.

• Like 1

That's silly. Axl hates Slash. Axl won't just release half of the work like I always say. He will at least attempt to get it released.

Speaking of silliness...

Sad to say, but at this point I really don't care if he retires or not. All I dream about is getting at least one more album of material from who I consider to be the greatest rock singer of my generation. It sucks that I own 17 LA Guns albums but only five by GnR.

I can't even imagine how amazing it would be if GnR had a catalog of 10-11 albums worth of original material. Can you imagine if we had 70 more Guns n Roses songs to listen to?

I've been a die-hard Axl fan since 1988. But for the first time, I'm ready to give up on the dude. One album in 24 years. Seven years since the last album, band members quitting, and no news or hope on another album in the future.

One more album and another Vegas residency and then fade away. At this point, is that the best we can hope for?

Axl Rose. The man always did things his way. His own integrity in check, his own happiness the only thing that mattered to him. Sucks the fans were never part of his equation.

You will get at the very least another album (CD ll) and a tour with Axl playing CD ll tunes. I don't expect much beyond that, but I hope there will be more released in the distant future.

• Like 1

Everything could always be better, but why not just be happy with what you have got? The way I see it, GN'R has given me so much, I am nothing but grateful and everything after AFD has pretty much been a bonus.

Everything could always be better, but why not just be happy with what you have got? The way I see it, GN'R has given me so much, I am nothing but grateful and everything after AFD has pretty much been a bonus.

I suppose you are just a better man than I am, bub.

We could be happy that The Rolling Stones only gave us one album, that The Beatles only gave us one album, that any other band in the history of the world only gave us one album. That we only ate Pizza one time. That our wife only made love to us one time. Why have multiple kids, why not just stop at one?

I realize it's important to you to contradict everything I post. And that's cool and all. But really, bub, it's OK to wish for more. Hell, I'm a die-hard Los Angeles Dodgers fan. They won the world series in 1988. Should I never hope or dream they win another one, because they won one 26 years ago?

I got a handjob under my desk from a girl I had a crush on in seventh grade during science class. I suppose I should have been happy and satisfied with that and never wanted to have any form of sex again for the rest of my life!!!! Did you and your wife make love on your wedding night? Have you asked her for sex since then? Why? Why not be happy with that one time?

It really is OK to wish that your favorite (insert anything here) released more of their product for their fans to enjoy.

P.S.

My wife made a killer steak and king crab dinner, with chocolate cake (from scratch) for dessert for us last night. It was amazing. I suppose I should NEVER ask her to do it again, and I should never HOPE that she does it again. I should just be grateful she did it one time, and then never request it again for the next 50 years of our marriage.

Speaking of silliness...

You will get at the very least another album (CD ll) and a tour with Axl playing CD ll tunes. I don't expect much beyond that, but I hope there will be more released in the distant future.

Just that would be amazing.

We could be happy that The Rolling Stones only gave us one album, that The Beatles only gave us one album, that any other band in the history of the world only gave us one album. That we only ate Pizza one time. That our wife only made love to us one time. Why have multiple kids, why not just stop at one?

I realize it's important to you to contradict everything I post. And that's cool and all. But really, bub, it's OK to wish for more.

No one has claimed it isn't okay to wish for more, this is just you either misunderstanding me or being too obtuse to get it. I was commenting on the "it sucks" part of your post. Wishing more and thinking it sucks, is simply not the same.

I never take artists who create art I love, for granted. Whenever they come around I appreciate it to death, and I will never take a good situation and think it sucks simply because they don't create even more art I will love. My default expectation simply isn't that an artist shall release 17 albums or whatever of music I will appreciate. My default expectation is that an artist will release music i will be pretty much indifferent to, because most artists simply doesn't create music I bother listen to twice. That is the norm. Indifference. So whenever an artist actually come around with music I find great, then I appreciate that music and that artist and WISH for more, but I never go around whining about how it SUCKS they don't release more.

It has nothing dto do with being a "better man", but just different ways of looking at things. Maybe you are a bit spoiled?

I realize it's important to you to contradict everything I post. And that's cool and all. But really, bub, it's OK to wish for more.

No one has claimed it isn't okay to wish for more, this is just you either misunderstanding me or being too obtuse to get it. I was commenting on the "it sucks" part of your post. Wishing more and thinking it sucks, is simply not the same.

I never take artists who create art I love, for granted. Whenever they come around I appreciate it to death, and I will never take a good situation and think it sucks simply because they don't create even more art I will love. My default expectation simply isn't that an artist shall release 17 albums or whatever of music I will appreciate. My default expectation is that an artist will release music i will be pretty much indifferent to, because most artists simply doesn't create music I bother listen to twice. That is the norm. Indifference. So whenever an artist actually come around with music I find great, then I appreciate that music and that artist and WISH for more, but I never go around whining about how it SUCKS they don't release more.

It has nothing dto do with being a "better man", but just different ways of looking at things. Maybe you are a bit spoiled?

You must forgive Apollo. He is a bit spoiled by how most musicians magically manage to release more then just 1 album in 24 years after the norm for old Guns was way more then that.

You're telling him he's the problem but the truth is Axl has taken a machine that pumped out great albums and tours and turned it to what it is today all cause not enough has been done by Axl.

Even his band members know it. It's the reason why Bumble left. Axl's way of doing things is too slow considering what he has done with old Guns, with limits of control and time.

Edited by Rovim

Axl said he had two completed albums. Why sit on them for years?

Because he wasn't entirely thruthful and knows a little bit more work is needed before he can let them go and simultaneously knows that "a little work" easily turns into 5 years of agony followed by 10 years of ridicule?

When did he tell you that?

Not hard to follow the logic.

You must forgive Apollo. He is a bit spoiled by how most musicians magically manage to release more then just 1 album in 24 years after the norm for old Guns was way more then that.

You're telling him he's the problem but the truth is Axl has taken a machine that pumped out great albums and tours and turned it to what it is today all cause not enough has been done by Axl.

Even his band members know it. It's the reason why Bumble left. Axl's way of doing things is too slow considering what he has done with old Guns, with limits of control and time.

Soulmonster tries to sneak a curve-ball past the batter, but Rovim makes the adjustment to the off speed pitch, keeps his weight back, and crushes the ball to deep center field......for a grand slam home run!!!