DJ Ashba - New Interview (Nothing happening)

Can we have a Bumblefoot appreciation thread?

I think him leaving the band has caused Axl to take this break. A break is the only way that Axl will change his appearence and vocals. Maybe it will get worse but there's a chance it gets better during a long break like this.

If Axl wants to come back and reinvent himself, he needs a good portion of years to get in shape again, maybe some cosmetic surgery and renew his look. This could mean reunion or new album, but he's definitely gone to return much later.

Axl said he had two completed albums. Why sit on them for years?

Because he wasn't entirely thruthful and knows a little bit more work is needed before he can let them go and simultaneously knows that "a little work" easily turns into 5 years of agony followed by 10 years of ridicule?

When did he tell you that?

I think it's pretty safe to assume nugnr is done. The only thing left is a reunion IMO. I would like to hear the rest of CD, just as much as the rest of you, but releasing music created by people that have been gone for over 10 years just seems lackluster IMO. I'd rather see some of those tracks released in a box set or something after a reunion at this point. Or perhaps use some of those songs as a gnr reunion album or something.

But for me, as far as I can tell, this "band" is over....

I've been saying for months that the band is over. (First to link it with the gold record gifts - I know, ain't I a fuckin' prince) This seems to confirm it. Perhaps the reason BBF can't explicitly state he's out of the band is because there is no longer any band to be out of. It's over folks, I'm telling you.

I've been saying for months that the band is over. (First to link it with the gold record gifts - I know, ain't I a fuckin' prince) This seems to confirm it. Perhaps the reason BBF can't explicitly state he's out of the band is because there is no longer any band to be out of. It's over folks, I'm telling you.

It is certainly starting to seem that way. Maybe when BBF said he was leaving, Axl finally said "Fuck it", threw in the towel and began mailing out the gold records as sort of "We did it - it's over - bye guys" kind of thing.

• Like 1

Axl said he had two completed albums. Why sit on them for years?

Because he wasn't entirely thruthful and knows a little bit more work is needed before he can let them go and simultaneously knows that "a little work" easily turns into 5 years of agony followed by 10 years of ridicule?

When did he tell you that?

You see the question mark at the end? It denotes that it is me speculating and just throwing out a, to me, plausible explanation.

As per usual... Nothing adds up, which is the way Axl and the beta like it!!!

On one hand we have BBF out, or in?? Or probably out lol DJ knows less than nothing, and confirms it finally! Axl unsighted (nothing new there) Gold records handed out as some sort of seeya later thanks for your work gift... And no information 1/3 of the way through 2015 about anything that might take place this year!

On the other hand they launch the new merch on the site to try and convince us suckers that there is still a viable band and to buy into it!

It's quite incredible how dysfunctional this band is.. I mean it's even more dysfunctional than the old band lol

Yet here we all are... Still giving a shit for some unknown reason???

The fact is... Anything positive happening anytime soon or at all is slim to none!

Its done I reckon!

Just posted this same thought on gnfnr; at least it's not the same old shit from a GN'R member. Going on about how bright the future is and so on. Who knew DJ™ was gonna be the first guy to be straightforward about the fact that nothing is going on.

Just posted this same thought on gnfnr; at least it's not the same old shit from a GN'R member. Going on about how bright the future is and so on. Who knew DJ was gonna be the first guy to be straightforward about the fact that nothing is going on.

Bumble and Tommy's said pretty much the same for some time.

I also don't think Dj's been lying. He has probably had some processes, discussions, going with Axl, which has kept him enthusiastic, but now they have stopped up or Axl has signalled the band is on an indeterminate hiatus.

Has anyone tried to determine the lengths and frequency of Axl's downtimes to see if there is some patterns to it? Which is not uncommon with long-cycle manic depression, or whatever it is called.

Dj is right. They have toured non stop for five years on end. And perhaps the "chinese Democracy" decade is done. Or maybe nothing more to gain on that front. So perhaps Axl just said, look i'm looking into what to do next and things are going downhill coperate ways, like labels not trusting Axl on recording and releasing.

The only thing positive. Gnr has been touring straight five years and almost everytime went on stage on time and even on occasions to early! So the've got that going.

Well im betting some news before christmass

You would be wrong m8

Axl sending out the CD Platinum awards doesn't have to mean the band is over, could very well mean that CD era is over since he completed (hopefully) the 2nd half. Intentions can change, but why say you've got 2 albums worth of material and then pull a 180 and end the band? Axl being indecisive also means that any potential retirement wouldn't really be set in stone either. I don't think the hiatus is anything more than that.

I also believe that the band / Axl would be where they are right now regardless of whether or not BBF left. He's important enough for Axl to disband GnR, yet Axl had virtually no contact with him and wasn't open to using any of his material? That doesn't add up. Bucket and Finck were Axl's hand picked duo, losing them meant something because they were at the core of the CD sound, the entire current lineup is, sentimentality aside, expendable.

Axl needs to prove to himself than he can release music and stop fucking about

Having friends and family managing, with a, now, easy going record company. It is a different environment.

For the sake of everyone around him, Axl needs to man up and do what needs to be done. Lots of other people and families depend on what he does.

You would be wrong m8

Based on?

It'd be so great that Axl announced the end of this nuGn'R farce thing band and focused on having his own solo band and release the rumored loads of recorded material out there.

And one day hopefully he'd patch things out with Slash and do this grand world (real) Gn'R tour... Oh well... :shrugs:

I wouldn't be surprised either way. If "they" did come back it'd just be for another round of viva la retirement anyways. What are we really missing out on? :shrugs:. Perhaps Axl made enough to be more than financially stable for himself and team Brazil to live off of for the rest of their lives, and he just wants to be done. He probably doesn't want to deal with the hassle of fighting for his next release to be more than "here's another release for Tuesday" (which is absolutely the best thing the label would ever do for Axl at this point) and said "fuck it".

Plus then having to deal with having to replace the umpteenth guitarist for the umpteenth time. Even for Axl that's gotta be completely pointless by now.

Edited by Bobbo

Plus then having to deal with having to replace the umpteenth guitarist for the umpteenth time. Even for Axl that's gotta be completely pointless by now.

Well, it wouldn't be the case if he'd actually valued the input of the guitarists he had.

Well, it wouldn't be the case if he'd actually valued the input of the guitarists he had.

Perhaps. But when you treat them like glorified placeholders (like he indeed does), who if extremely lucky, get to add needless afterthoughts to already established songs, is it really worth the hassle? At this point?