at this point, what would it take to save this band?

mr. ritz88

Best case (yet, unlikely) scenarios-

The reunion- Regardless of what some people think, this would not be the world-changing musical event of the century anymore. Axl has kept the brand alive meaning a lot of people are either oblivious GNR broke up or are pissed at him for doing what he did, Slash and co. have established good careers, and above all, too much time has passed. It'd still be big, though. Probably kind of like the Van Halen reunion. They would do a successful world, arena tour (stadiums in South America) and an album would sell 100,000-200,000 copies in this market. If it goes well, It would create a lot of buzz too.

NuGNR Album- This would be a best case scenario for us, the hard core community. Let's be honest, a new NuGNR album with minimal label support would be lucky to sell as much as Aerosmith's last record. It would do a bit better than a Slash solo album because of the name, but it would make zero impact in pop culture. Still, I REALLY hope Axl just sucks his pride in and releases "CD II". At this point it doesn't matter if its a normal release, digital only, an EP, a bonus disc, or even just put on youtube. Just get it out there and move on. Then, whoever is in the band could theoretically make an actual new record. If it was more conventional than the Chinese material and has a catchy lead single, it could actually get radio play, but it still wouldn't do that much.

Either way, the band's hey day has long passed

• Like 1

Back in high school I was so hopeful for the band,I insisted to my friends all the time that axl could do it all by himself. This was like 2000. Then I heard the rock in Rio bootleg and I wondered wtf happened to axls voice. Then, I saw the new band in 2002 in Boston and it was awesome, bucket, a snowstorm my friends going wild it was killer. I think that was one of the last shows before they all were canceled. Then 4 or 5 years go by, axl comes back looking badass and sounding great, hope was fully restored. Then CD dropped and I wanted so be for it to be good,but it sucked. Few more years, then the 2010 tour he sounded badass, hope restored. Then I saw them in 2011 in worchester mass,hope gone. And up until this point I always had some hope axl would be awesome but, unfortunately, I have no hope left. That is why I'm posting this topic, I just don't know what it would take to make them relevant anymore.

Edited by mr. ritz88

Just release music. Not for relevance, not for money but for the fans, as a gift for all these years of support. It wouldn't "save" Axl or GNR but at least would be a nice gesture, it could save the "relationship" between the band and the fans at least.

• Like 3

Just release music. Not for relevance, not for money but for the fans, as a gift for all these years of support. It wouldn't "save" Axl or GNR but at least would be a nice gesture, it could save the "relationship" between the band and the fans at least.

Just this, its all they need to do, we fans dont ask anything else basicbasically, i mean do we want them to rules the world again? No man Just give us some music as a nice gesture indeed

Nothing in the eyes of the casual fans, a time machine to rock in rio 2011 for me where new stuff was debuted and the touring since then was focused on the sequel. Now, I'll take another record from Axl at any point, the time for it meaning much has gone and it's basically a situation that could be expected looking forward objectively at any point during the new GNR train.

End the new band immediately. This is a given. That band needs to go as they are a complete joke.

Release a bunch of archive stuff from the 1985-94 era. Demos/outakes would be nice, either on remastered versions of the albums or as a separate box set. A DVD boxset of concerts would also be appreciated - do it like Kiss with the Kissologies. That Del James Illusion documentary would also be welcome. Also, release a series of live albums since Live Era was not an adequate portrait of them as a live band.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1