Hair Care

Snake-Pit

9 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Yep...I think it's time to invest in a flat iron. I don't really know what to look for in one...any tips?

You won't need to spend much on one for those flicks. You can probably get a mini one from a chemist which will do. 

• Like 1

On 03/02/2016 at 6:47 AM, The Real McCoy said:
18 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

This is probably the longest that my hair has ever been. It's a pain to maintain because it "flips out" in the back, but I just can't rock short hair anymore at this point.

08AB706F-58C6-4C5C-A634-9A059C607968.png

I'm growing mine out, but my hair is so thick that I need to get it razor trimmed once a month just to get all of the excess bulk out of it.

You look like a middle-aged lesbian.

But one with nice hair.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2016 at 8:25 AM, The Real McCoy said:

Am I the only person that saw the thread title and thought that Miser was back again?

Saw this thread and was prepared to make a Miser pun- then I already had and you'd beaten me to the punch anyway :lol:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 18.3.2016 at 4:06 PM, The Real McCoy said:

Yep...I think it's time to invest in a flat iron. I don't really know what to look for in one...any tips?

Wouldn't use anything, especially not flat irons, just patience. That your hair flips out is normal at that length, all you need is patience, once it grew long enough and doesn't touch your shoulders or whatever anymore, that problem will be solved.

18 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

My hair is thinning where my natural part is. This depresses me. 

On behalf of your husband, please don't.

Looks good, although tousle it up a little bit. Unless you're happy with your trim intake, you don't want the X2s to think you're a bifter. 

The girl that I'm currently seeing doesn't seem to mind ;)

i have very baby fine hair but a lot of it. it's very long, almost to my hips and i am every time i go to get my bangs done they try and talk me into cutting it but i am not gonna do that. but i have discovered that it needs good products. i used to buy that cheap crap but now i use Paul Mitchell and it has made a world of difference. one thing is i used to have natural wavy,curly hair but since i have moved to the dry air here in Reno it is almost totally straight. i will curl it now and again but it's so long it's hard to find curlers that work well.

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have very baby fine hair but a lot of it. it's very long, almost to my hips and i am every time i go to get my bangs done they try and talk me into cutting it but i am not gonna do that. but i have discovered that it needs good products. i used to buy that cheap crap but now i use Paul Mitchell and it has made a world of difference. one thing is i used to have natural wavy,curly hair but since i have moved to the dry air here in Reno it is almost totally straight. i will curl it now and again but it's so long it's hard to find curlers that work well.

Yeah mine is fine too and pretty long. I have not used a blow dryer on it in 20 years, I dye it myself and cut it myself. Used to go to salons but they made it too dry. I have had hairdressers stop me and ask who does my hair, they look shocked when I saw I do. I got gray in my hair early (in my 20's) so when I dye it my hair looks different shades of blonde like it's natural. :P

3 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Yeah mine is fine too and pretty long. I have not used a blow dryer on it in 20 years, I dye it myself and cut it myself. Used to go to salons but they made it too dry. I have had hairdressers stop me and ask who does my hair, they look shocked when I saw I do. I got gray in my hair early (in my 20's) so when I dye it my hair looks different shades of blonde like it's natural. :P

if i tried to use a blow dryer it would take most of the day! i try and do my bangs but i always muck it up. my hair is a red gold much like Axl's when he was younger. what color is yours?

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

if i tried to use a blow dryer it would take most of the day! i try and do my bangs but i always muck it up. my hair is a red gold much like Axl's when he was younger. what color is yours?

I used to dye mine that color. It is naturally this god awful dull brown that does not go with my coloring, mom had brown hair, dad was blonde and I have his coloring...when younger I had it light blonde but now its medium golden blonde :P

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

I used to dye mine that color. It is naturally this god awful dull brown that does not go with my coloring, mom had brown hair, dad was blonde and I have his coloring...when younger I had it light blonde but now its medium golden blonde :P

i tried going blonde and i must be the only woman in the world that doesn't look good blonde. for Halloween i have used a black wig for some of my costumes; people said it looked hot on me. but i am sticking with the red gold...i have green eyes and look very Irish ( and i do have Irish in me ) and it seems to work for me :) plus i am pretty pale but i do tan well in summer...must be the 1/16 native american in my mutt heritage :lol:

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i tried going blonde and i must be the only woman in the world that doesn't look good blonde. for Halloween i have used a black wig for some of my costumes; people said it looked hot on me. but i am sticking with the red gold...i have green eyes and look very Irish ( and i do have Irish in me ) and it seems to work for me :) plus i am pretty pale but i do tan well in summer...must be the 1/16 native american in my mutt heritage :lol:

You sound like me Irish, Scottish and 1/8 Cherokee Indian in my background...my eyes I guess would be considered hazel they are dark green with brownish flecks in them. I tan well. :P

11 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

You sound like me Irish, Scottish and 1/8 Cherokee Indian in my background...my eyes I guess would be considered hazel they are dark green with brownish flecks in them. I tan well. :P

oh Lord i have English, Irish, Scottish,German, Cherokee and Choctaw in mine but have been told i look Irish the most! i remember my grandma telling me she was in a beautiful hair contest but her cousin ( i don't know what that makes her to me ) won out cos she had more Cherokee in her and had long blue black hair. my grandma came in second, she had hair as long as mine and it was a beautiful golden light brown. you could still tell she was very upset to have lost! i am told i  look like her though she was like 5 foot nothing and i am 5'9!

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

31 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh Lord i have English, Irish, Scottish,German, Cherokee and Choctaw in mine but have been told i look Irish the most! i remember my grandma telling me she was in a beautiful hair contest but her cousin ( i don't know what that makes her to me ) won out cos she had more Cherokee in her and had long blue black hair. my grandma came in second, she had hair as long as mine and it was a beautiful golden light brown. you could still tell she was very upset to have lost! i am told i  look like her though she was like 5 foot nothing and i am 5'9!

I'm about 5'4 1/2"...which is why I wear heels....

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

I'm about 5'4 1/2"...which is why I wear heels....

i wish i was that height! but at this point heels are out for me, i broke my ankle in 3 places some years back and can't handle heels :(

i do however wear them for "special occasions" where i don't have to walk in them;)

• Like 1