HEAR DUFF AND IZZY'S FIRST NEW TRACK (also, new Duff interview)

This is totally awesome, this is more GNR than Axl's band

Gunner PT and Wkuk dislike this comment

Man ... are you doing this again? Really? I didn't even post on this thread ...
WTF do you have to be referring to me again?

Now make something usefull and tell me where can I hear the song ...

Im promoting you and making you famous man

You can listen to the song here http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/duff-mckagan-dissects-how-to-be-a-man-inside-the-gritty-new-ballad-and-book-20150505

Thanks, man ... :dance:

• Like 1

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/duff-mckagan-dissects-how-to-be-a-man-inside-the-gritty-new-ballad-and-book-20150505?page=2

McKagan penned the track as a sort of "theme song" for the book. But it really took shape after he sent the main riff and vocal line to Stradlin, with whom he has recorded fairly consistently since the guitarist's departure from GN'R in 1991 to lead a more private life. "His guitar playing is so fucking good," the bassist says. "Not that it surprises me, but it's like, 'Oh dude, you've been playing a lot of fucking guitar. What are you doing out there?' He's got a little creative zone out where he lives, and I think he probably sinks himself into that. It's cooler than cool."

McKagan says he's also jealous sometimes of Stradlin's independent lifestyle. "I write books, I write columns, I'm pretty public, and, of course you can write and still remain private, but he is really just off the grid," the bassist says. "His comfort zone is off the grid. He doesn't do any press, he doesn't have a publicist, and he just puts out a record every couple of years on iTunes. He's pretty pure."

Stradlin's electric-guitar playing was instrumental in making the EP track "Kill the Internet" "like O.G. Orange County punk rock," according to McKagan, and its other song, "Punker," sound spontaneous. The musicians recorded the EP in Queens of the Stone Age's studio, a process the bassist called "mellow."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/duff-mckagan-dissects-how-to-be-a-man-inside-the-gritty-new-ballad-and-book-20150505#ixzz3ZOXiZXOO
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

I am so happy to see Duff & Izzy again, its been a while.

I am a bit disappointed with Duffs voice, with the lyrics and with the vocal melody.

Duffs voice can be pleasant on some songs =

But it can also be "not that great" on others (like in this one)

I dont like the lyrics at all.

I miss Izzy (and/or Cantrell) doing backing vocals.

I am hoping the other 2 tracks are WAY better than this...

The people criticising it have no taste in music.

You really like it that much? I mean, it's OK, but it's not particularly interesting or exciting. It's kind of the definition of an average song imo.

I imagine he's not serious, just doing the whole "people who don't like CD have no taste" bit.

My point is, I bet there are a lot of people who do not like it because it does not have a bunch of beeps and farts layered on top. Clarity in music seems to be, not on the agenda of Axl fans. I am not including you there, magisme.

My point is, I bet there are a lot of people who do not like it because it does not have a bunch of beeps and farts layered on top. Clarity in music seems to be, not on the agenda of Axl fans. I am not including you there, magisme.

Please dont include me on that, i couldnt care less about layers or whatever else you are mentioning