Slash: "The 3 greatest frontmans of all time are Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler and Axl Rose."

If Freddie mercury was british you may have a point with that

Where did he live majority of his life, again?

What's that got to do with it? He's not british

Anyway it's all about opinions and mine is that queen were a cabaret show band

Axl, Plant, Tyler, and even Brian Johnson are miles ahead of Freddie in terms of been great

Oh please.

He is as much British as he was Tanzanian or Indian, if not more. Only in a debate like this would someone deny him the British label. :lol:

We're never going to agree , Freddie was good, not great

• Like 1

Axl, Plant, Tyler, and even Brian Johnson are miles ahead of Freddie in terms of been great

Oh please.

He is as much British as he was Tanzanian or Indian, if not more. Only in a debate like this would someone deny him the British label. :lol:

I agree with that, though. I just don't agree that he "isn't British." He's like an adopted son and only in a debate over whether the Brits overrated him would someone deny him that label.

Freddie was one of the greats, no doubt there. But it also has to be admitted that he was not nearly as liked in America as he was else where. Honestly most Americans would take Alice Cooper over Freddie Mercury any day of the week and twice in Sunday. Same goes for Steven Tyler and many more. Like I said he was great, but he was not considered "the greatest" over here in the states like he was in the UK.

Oh please.

I agree with that, though. I just don't agree that he "isn't British." He's like an adopted son and only in a debate over whether the Brits overrated him would someone deny him that label.

I think it's not just Freddie that's overrated, it's queen. Just a band I've never taken to

We are not discussing Queen's 'music' though, or 'how much you like or dislike Queen's music': we are discussing Freddie as a live performer. I am not that keen on Van Halen yet I cannot deny that Roth was a great frontman who elevated that band. Bono and Bon Jovi are actually decent live frontmen and they both belong to bands I hate.

Oh please.

I think it's not just Freddie that's overrated, it's queen. Just a band I've never taken to

Agreed.

We are not discussing Queen's 'music' though, or 'how much you like or dislike Queen's music': we are discussing Freddie as a live performer. I am not that keen on Van Halen yet I cannot deny that Roth was a great frontman who elevated that band. Bono and Bon Jovi are actually decent live frontmen and they both belong to bands I hate.

I'm pretty sure that Slash is making his list based on what he defines as a ROCK performer and what he prefers.

Slash and Duff aren't type to be on the Queen bandwagon. Mercury is to be respected but FFS, he wasn't that great. It was sort of a clown show.

Oh please.

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure that Slash is making his list based on what he defines as a ROCK performer and what he prefers.

Slash and Duff aren't type to be on the Queen bandwagon. Mercury is to be respected but FFS, he wasn't that great. It was sort of a clown show.

A clown show?! What?! Mercury was at the top of his game right up until he died and live, Queen could be as heavy as any group. Their diversity elevated them to another level. Top frontman for me by a mile: great vocals, great moves, great stage presence and unsurpassed audience interaction.

A clown show?! What?! Mercury was at the top of his game right up until he died and live, Queen could be as heavy as any group. Their diversity elevated them to another level. Top frontman for me by a mile: great vocals, great moves, great stage presence and unsurpassed audience interaction.

To each their own. Neither your or my opinion makes him a guarantee on any list, though.

Oh please.

Agreed.

Weird as it says, "the 3 greatest frontmans of all time ...'', not, ''the 3 greatest frontmans of all time, from bands I love''. And Slash loved Queen. He lived in Britain until he was 12. Of course he liked them. He is good pals with May and had a tremendous amount of respect for Fred and Queen,

Queen were always mad geniuses. They wrote a lot of songs that didn't necessarily appeal to me, because they were so orchestrated. But when they dug in to do something mean or hard, they could do it better than anybody. News Of The World has Fight From The Inside, one of my favourite Queen songs, and also the brilliant Get Down Make Love. This is just my favourite end-to-end Queen record.

- Slash

http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-archive/slash-loves-news-world/

Freddie Mercury over Steven Tyler.

No Freddy?

Freddie Mercury over Steven Tyler.

No way!! He was just too feminine onstage , with the body language and his gay persona...gayness and rock n roll don`t go along well ....at the end of the day when you`re up there performing before a major audience behaving like a straight alpha male is just as important as the music , I mean that`s just another reason why I liked the original GnR in the first place , Slash jumpin 10 feet ramps and axl runnin like hell ( when on top of their game they didn`t even mess up the songs in the process)

Really?

aBsvVPP.gif

• Like 1

Showing a still from the I Want To Break Free video, which was a fun and lighthearted satire from a TV show is a good sign of how you don't know anything about Queen, at all.So you shouldn't try to discuss it or Mercury considering how clueless you seem.

Long story short :don't try to justify your homophobia pls

Not to mention the video wasn't even Freddie's idea.

Weird as it says, "the 3 greatest frontmans of all time ...'', not, ''the 3 greatest frontmans of all time, from bands I love''. And Slash loved Queen. He lived in Britain until he was 12. Of course he liked them. He is good pals with May and had a tremendous amount of respect for Fred and Queen,

Queen were always mad geniuses. They wrote a lot of songs that didn't necessarily appeal to me, because they were so orchestrated. But when they dug in to do something mean or hard, they could do it better than anybody. News Of The World has Fight From The Inside, one of my favourite Queen songs, and also the brilliant Get Down Make Love. This is just my favourite end-to-end Queen record.

- Slash

http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-archive/slash-loves-news-world/

What is your point in all of this?

Slash liked Queen so that confirms Freddie is top 3? He didn't list him.

I didn't say Slash hated them. I don't hate them. Perhaps Freddie just isn't as praised elsewhere as he is with you?

Posting a youtube video and acting like it ends a debate in a total subjective discussion is rather pointless.

Slash lists Axl in a top list giving him praise and it turns into a fuckin Freddie Mercury topic. :lol:

• Like 2

Gunner asked me to tell you all that Slash never said Axl was one of the three greatest frontmen of all time.

Nah ... he just sounded a little forced ... I mean, I won't say he didn't feel it, but, obviously he wasn't very comfortable saying that ...

BTW, Freddy is the nr.1, IMO ... Slash doesn't consider Freddy as one of the top 3, but that doesn't surprise me.

Edited by GUNNER PT