Slash: "The 3 greatest frontmans of all time are Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler and Axl Rose."

No way!! He was just too feminine onstage , with the body language and his gay persona...gayness and rock n roll don`t go along well ....

Probably one of the stupidest things ever written on this forum.

Don't worry, he'll outdo himself soon

Axl and Plant are the two best frontmen of all time. Axl blows everybody else away completely. Including Jagger, Mercury and Tyler by a long shot. Nobody will ever match the intensity of Axl performing live. Slash knows it too... :)

Mick Jagger, Ian Gillan, Jim Morrison, Bon Scott, Axl Rose, Iggy Pop, Ozzy Osbourne, Steven Tyler, John Fogerty, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper, Paul Rodgers, Robert Plant... there are/were so many great frontmen out there...

Edited by Free Bird

Nice of him to be honest and admit it...

Just hearing him say the name Axl is awesome! Haha

He says Axl's name really fast. Like you would when you are saying the name of someone you like or someone you resent. Tough to tell haha but he did mention him and it's very cool. I think Slash is realizing how incredible a frontman Axl was and how great it was to be a part of that. I know he knew it but recognizing it and believing it are different.

Axl I'm sure recognizes how great Slash was, but at this time I guess he isn't compelled to say anything nice.

In an interview with Piers Morgan (on YouTube, I think) some years ago Slash is asked who he believes was the greater performer - Michael Jackson or Axl Rose.

Slash says it's a tough one but he would go for Axl Rose, but then qualifies it by saying that's because it's more his (Slash's) kind of music.

Too cabaret.

That's exactly what it is

Want to know if someone on the internet is from the UK?

Ask them what they think of Freddie Mercury.

If Freddie mercury was british you may have a point with that

• Like 1

It's a culture difference. It's subjective.

In a region that loves those sort of performances, it's no surprise they would place it above everything else. Other regions prefer rock to be dangerous, not a "show." Are either right or wrong? Of course not.

Was he a great singer? Absolutely.

Was he the greatest performer? Depends on if you like those sort of performances. Debatable.

Was he "IT" for rock n roll? Debatable.

I personally don't think that rock should be an extension of the theatre. Keep it dirty, raw, mean and most of all....Dangerous.

Edited by Rustycage
  • Like 1

Where did he live majority of his life, again?

What's that got to do with it? He's not british

Anyway it's all about opinions and mine is that queen were a cabaret show band

Axl, Plant, Tyler, and even Brian Johnson are miles ahead of Freddie in terms of been great

Edited by dando

Where did he live majority of his life, again?

What's that got to do with it? He's not british

Anyway it's all about opinions and mine is that queen were a cabaret show band

Axl, Plant, Tyler, and even Brian Johnson are miles ahead of Freddie in terms of been great

Oh please.

He is as much British as he was Tanzanian or Indian, if not more. Only in a debate like this would someone deny him the British label. :lol: