RICHARD FORTUS: GUNS N' ROSES Will Release New Music And Tour Next Year

I don't care about newly recorded material. I want to hear the songs that didn't make CD.

You're in luck! :)

Any explanation as to why the plans have changed? Bumblefoot seems the most obvious answer but is there something else?

I doubt anyone is surprised by this.

Nothing specific to mention. Ron is a great friend and his departure right now is the right thing for him. I do know that the new guys never once got in the studio to record a new album, which is sad considering how talented they all are. So anything we were going to get was going to be Chinese D era stuff. Not that any of us would mind.

This is good and bad news. It means we have the possibility of a Nu GNR record next year, and it also means were one step farther away from a reunion of the classic guns lineup...

This is actually neither good or bad. It's not news and means absolutely nothng.

• Like 2

Any explanation as to why the plans have changed? Bumblefoot seems the most obvious answer but is there something else?

Nothing specific to mention. Ron is a great friend and his departure right now is the right thing for him. I do know that the new guys never once got in the studio to record a new album, which is sad considering how talented they all are. So anything we were going to get was going to be Chinese D era stuff. Not that any of us would mind.

If this is the case I wonder why it's taken so long to release things that are, essentially, already recorded.

Yeah sales are down. But ACDC fans seemed to like Rock or Bust.

The one difference being, DC fans treat their fans well and do not go into hibernation for unexplained reasons. Rock or Bust is also a great little album.

More Axl songs can't be bad thing. Whatever has happened. Still great vocalist and lyrics. Maybe the best for me. So bring it!

Tends on what Axl songs you are talking about. I would say, more songs like Scraped and Shackler's would be an extremely bad thing, but songs of the calibre of Better and TWAT are very welcome.

Not really unexplained reasons. GnR have been on the road every year since the end of 2009. It's a good thing to take some time away, If you continually tour year in, year out people get tired of it. Also, half the band is scattered in several other bands that have new releases and existing tours to fulfil. At the end of Vegas '14 we all knew that Guns would not be working this year, and that each band member was told to pursue outside projects. We however, decided that 2015 was going to be a year for new music.

I'm not saying that GnR aren't completely overdue on the new album front, everyone knows that they should have a new album out no later than 2014.

I hoped that we'd get a new album for late 2015, but obviously that's not on the cards. Maybe we'll get something early to mid way through next year (hoping for March).

I don't care about newly recorded material. I want to hear the songs that didn't make CD.

You're in luck! :)

I never really got that logic. I'm sure that they never went in to the studio as a band to record a new album, like Bumblefoot would have wanted. But they did record new stuff separately. For example DJ has said many times that he's recorded a lot of stuff that Axl really liked. Just because they haven't all got in to the studio together doesn't mean that they haven't recorded new stuff. So there's no reason to believe that we wouldn't be getting brand new music along with the CD era stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah sales are down. But ACDC fans seemed to like Rock or Bust.

The one difference being, DC fans treat their fans well and do not go into hibernation for unexplained reasons. Rock or Bust is also a great little album.

More Axl songs can't be bad thing. Whatever has happened. Still great vocalist and lyrics. Maybe the best for me. So bring it!

Tends on what Axl songs you are talking about. I would say, more songs like Scraped and Shackler's would be an extremely bad thing, but songs of the calibre of Better and TWAT are very welcome.

Not really unexplained reasons. GnR have been on the road every year since the end of 2009. It's a good thing to take some time away, If you continually tour year in, year out people get tired of it. Also, half the band is scattered in several other bands that have new releases and existing tours to fulfil. At the end of Vegas '14 we all knew that Guns would not be working this year, and that each band member was told to pursue outside projects. We however, decided that 2015 was going to be a year for new music.

I'm not saying that GnR aren't completely overdue on the new album front, everyone knows that they should have a new album out no later than 2014.

I hoped that we'd get a new album for late 2015, but obviously that's not on the cards. Maybe we'll get something early to mid way through next year (hoping for March).

Except some of those years they barely toured.

Axl started putting his new version of GnR together in what - 1999? It's now 2015 and he's released one album. I'm glad you think that GnR isn't completely overdue for a new album.

Since 1999

GnR - 1 studio album, 1 greatest hits, 1 live DVD, 1 music video

Foo Fighters - 6 studio albums, 2 compilation albums, 3 EPS, 1 live album, 5 video albums and 41 music videos

You agree that it's starting to get overdue for a new GnR single? Yea - no kidding.

• Like 1

Overall, Rock Or Bust is a better album than ChiDem. Concise, great production, and the playing is top notch.

It's actually among the top half of my favorite Brian Johnson era albums.

Is there a way that we could transform this forum to a Monster Magnet fan forum?

So far Dave Wyndorf is the only dude from that original band...

But he releases new music constantly and playing new songs (even full new rcords)

I honestly think that Monster Magnet is a better band than GNR (hell, even better than the old one)

• Like 1

Is there a way that we could transform this forum to a Monster Magnet fan forum?

But he releases new music constantly and playing new songs (even full new rcords)

I honestly think that Monster Magnet is a better band than GNR (hell, even better than the old one)

Y'know- I think this is a good idea- I don't know much about them but they seem cool...

And let's be honest: who among us isn't coming here out of pure schadenfreude at this point?? :shrugs:

• Like 1

Overall, Rock Or Bust is a better album than ChiDem. Concise, great production, and the playing is top notch.

It's actually among the top half of my favorite Brian Johnson era albums.

I'm with you, I like Chinese, there's a lot to like (take away , catcher,riad,scraped and it's great) but Rock or Bust is a top ACDC record

• Like 1

Y'know- I think this is a good idea- I don't know much about them but they seem cool...

And let's be honest: who among us isn't coming here out of pure schadenfreude at this point?? :shrugs:

I compare following this band to car crash television. It is also like watching a really horrific b movie that is so bad, it is funny.

• Like 1

Michael Jackson has released two albums since 2010 and he is dead!

Axl is literally less creative than a corpse haha

I never thought of counting albums by dead people, 2pac has too lol, Axl man ur lacking albums behind people who are not even alive

"We're gonna be doing stuff next year," Richard responded (see video below). "There's… We're not gonna have anything out this year. Yeah… Next year…. Next year, it should be out. And we'll be touring."

:rofl-lol:

These people will never grow tired of making a fool of themselves.

well, today i got an interview w/ Dizzy & Fortus: the guys were cool but a little bit tired.
About Guns: yeah "we will tour and release new music" but they don't know when or where !
And they haven't seen Axl in 2 or 3 years !

• Like 2

well, today i got an interview w/ Dizzy & Fortus: the guys were cool but a little bit tired.

About Guns: yeah "we will tour and release new music" but they don't know when or where !

LOL

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Thanks for that, man.

:facepalm:

Just more proof that it wasn't the real Axl onstage in 2014! It was an imposter.... right?? :nervous:

• Like 1