RICHARD FORTUS: GUNS N' ROSES Will Release New Music And Tour Next Year

I mean they could put the Remix album out just to quell the hunger. Then get ready for 2020 release of CD II.

In all honesty, a remix album would literally be the worst move that Axl has made post-classic line-up.

When a dude takes control of one of the most popular bands in the world and he ends up putting out one album in 16 years, and that album came out 7 years ago, and he has talked about another complete album being finished, and he and people from his "camp" have talked about anywhere from 15 to 80 songs being worked on, when he said something about 24 or 39 songs being finished.........when band members keep leaving...........putting out a remix album instead of a new album is such an idiotic move that I can't believe anybody with 1 ounce of musical intelligence would go along with it.

If the next GnR album is a remix album then it will mark the first time in history that I will agree that it's time for Axl to retire.

A remix album would have been fine 4 years ago. But now? Axl and Team Brazil are just saying "f*ck you" to GnR fans. Seven years since CD came out. It isn't time for ROUND TWO. It's time for round four.

I don't think the Remix album is or will be just remixes. There might be new versions but also songs like Silkworms, Atlas Shrugged, The General, maybe covers, Ballad of Death, Going Down. If Atlas Shrugged is used as the single. That's a solid release. Kind of cross between Zooropa and NIN remix album.

They might put CD II out next year with Dj n Ron coming back for a 2017 tour. That seems very on schedule.

The only way a CD remix album would be great is if Axl makes a stripped down version. Gone the synths, the three autotuned vocal layers or the stupid BBF overdubs. Oh and if he brought back Brain's drum tracks.

I would buy that. For more than a dollar.

The only way a CD remix album would be great is if Axl makes a stripped down version. Gone the synths, the three autotuned vocal layers or the stupid BBF overdubs. Oh and if he brought back Brain's drum tracks.

I would buy that. For more than a dollar.

Same, a couple of years back there was a great fan made remix album doing the rounds on the net and I preferred it to the official release, for one Tommy's bass lines were clearer. Annoyingly I lost it when my computer crashed. CD would have been a better record with a better mix and I say this as someone who loves the record.

Fixed - NIN is the only remix album I like really. The Manic Street Preachers remix disc is one of my favorites. Zooropa isn't remixes but it's something more left field. Most Chemical Brother remixes are good. So it can be done.

But by GNR? Now? Seems more like a bonus disc on a CD re-release or deluxe issue.

Or mix up some of those remixes with new tracks.

It's like a low pressure way to release a few new tracks with some remixes.

Yeah sales are down. But ACDC fans seemed to like Rock or Bust.

The one difference being, DC fans treat their fans well and do not go into hibernation for unexplained reasons. Rock or Bust is also a great little album.

More Axl songs can't be bad thing. Whatever has happened. Still great vocalist and lyrics. Maybe the best for me. So bring it!

Tends on what Axl songs you are talking about. I would say, more songs like Scraped and Shackler's would be an extremely bad thing, but songs of the calibre of Better and TWAT are very welcome.

Not really unexplained reasons. GnR have been on the road every year since the end of 2009. It's a good thing to take some time away, If you continually tour year in, year out people get tired of it. Also, half the band is scattered in several other bands that have new releases and existing tours to fulfil. At the end of Vegas '14 we all knew that Guns would not be working this year, and that each band member was told to pursue outside projects. We however, decided that 2015 was going to be a year for new music.

I'm not saying that GnR aren't completely overdue on the new album front, everyone knows that they should have a new album out no later than 2014.

I hoped that we'd get a new album for late 2015, but obviously that's not on the cards. Maybe we'll get something early to mid way through next year (hoping for March).

Except some of those years they barely toured.

Axl started putting his new version of GnR together in what - 1999? It's now 2015 and he's released one album. I'm glad you think that GnR isn't completely overdue for a new album.

Since 1999

GnR - 1 studio album, 1 greatest hits, 1 live DVD, 1 music video

Foo Fighters - 6 studio albums, 2 compilation albums, 3 EPS, 1 live album, 5 video albums and 41 music videos

You agree that it's starting to get overdue for a new GnR single? Yea - no kidding.

No, I said they were over-due. Read the comment. Also, Foo Fighters... how many all time classic albums do they have? they have lots of good songs, how many classic albums though. I can't listen to any Foo Fighters album the whole way through. Foo Fighters are the classic average band that stay together long enough to get a good set together. Guns have done buggar all and they still have a set that's just as recognisable and more than the Foos, so I don't think Axl is losing any sleep over The Foo Fighters. I like the Foo Fighters but they are very, very average.

Edited by Tom2112

Yeah sales are down. But ACDC fans seemed to like Rock or Bust.

The one difference being, DC fans treat their fans well and do not go into hibernation for unexplained reasons. Rock or Bust is also a great little album.

More Axl songs can't be bad thing. Whatever has happened. Still great vocalist and lyrics. Maybe the best for me. So bring it!

Tends on what Axl songs you are talking about. I would say, more songs like Scraped and Shackler's would be an extremely bad thing, but songs of the calibre of Better and TWAT are very welcome.

Not really unexplained reasons. GnR have been on the road every year since the end of 2009. It's a good thing to take some time away, If you continually tour year in, year out people get tired of it. Also, half the band is scattered in several other bands that have new releases and existing tours to fulfil. At the end of Vegas '14 we all knew that Guns would not be working this year, and that each band member was told to pursue outside projects. We however, decided that 2015 was going to be a year for new music.

I'm not saying that GnR aren't completely overdue on the new album front, everyone knows that they should have a new album out no later than 2014.

I hoped that we'd get a new album for late 2015, but obviously that's not on the cards. Maybe we'll get something early to mid way through next year (hoping for March).

Except some of those years they barely toured.

Axl started putting his new version of GnR together in what - 1999? It's now 2015 and he's released one album. I'm glad you think that GnR isn't completely overdue for a new album.

Since 1999

GnR - 1 studio album, 1 greatest hits, 1 live DVD, 1 music video

Foo Fighters - 6 studio albums, 2 compilation albums, 3 EPS, 1 live album, 5 video albums and 41 music videos

You agree that it's starting to get overdue for a new GnR single? Yea - no kidding.

No, I said they were over-due. Read the comment. Also, Foo Fighters... how many all time classic albums do they have? they have lots of good songs, how many classic albums though. I can't listen to any Foo Fighters album the whole way through. Foo Fighters are the classic average band that stay together long enough to get a good set together. Guns have done buggar all and they still have a set that's just as recognisable and more than the Foos, so I don't think Axl is losing any sleep over The Foo Fighters. I like the Foo Fighters but they are very, very average.

How many all time classic albums has Axl had in the past 23 years?

You are confusing your personal opinion of a band's music with what is actually factual. On a personal note, I don't even really like the Foo Fighters. But to say that Axl doesn't worry about them? LOL - what does that even mean. Do you think the Foo Fighters are losing sleep over CD or the next GnR album?

What band does Axl have to lose sleep over? What band has a better live set than GnR does?

Foo Fighters are an average band? They've had number one albums, number one songs, broke Billboard rock chart records and won at least one Grammy.

Since Grohl started that band, what has Axl accomplished???? One album that took 13 years and 14 million dollars to make, it might have sold 3.5 millionish copies, didn't effect the music world at all, and Axl and GnR is considered a joke outside of die-hard GnR fans.

If number one albums, songs, winning Grammys and breaking billboard records makes a band "classically average".......then what does the last 20 years make Axl and GnR?????

It would be grim to compile all of these mediocre interviews starting from when the first incarnation of Axl's Guns N' Roses started, as the dates would be pretty soul destroying. I would love to know his thoughts regarding all of the fans that have paid to see him perform and supported him over the years and there is only one album to show for it. You guys talk about 2011 being fucking shambolic, but looking back, I was convinced that they'd pull a couple of unreleased songs out of the bag and start promoting another album. I remember posting to Bumblefoot's facebook page regarding new songs and stuff, and he 'liked' it, and I believe that he believed that something would have been happening creatively in that period also. Then you fast forward to that Q&A that the GN'R twitter page did last year with Fortus and Ashba where I posted something regarding the best unreleased song that they'd heard and Ashba was a total fucking cock. This is a man who was not involved in the creation of those songs and someone who I've not criticised that much in comparison to some of you guys, but I was fucking pissed at their response, especially his. Fortus' Q&A at the start of the year though was very good to hear regarding new music, but it's just so hit and miss with the majority of the interviews.

Kudos to some of you guys who've moved on from the shenanigans, I just can't see myself ever refusing to pay to go and see Axl Rose perform with any incarnation of Guns N' Roses.

I can't reveal my sources (they are legit), but I would consider Richard's information with a little more credibility than usual in this case. Things can always change, but there's enough going on under the surface to consider Richard sincere in this case.

Fortus always seemed to me like a serious professional member of the band and I think Axl trusts him too. He doesn't seem like the type to be talking shit and getting himself in trouble.