RICHARD FORTUS: GUNS N' ROSES Will Release New Music And Tour Next Year

This is getting ridiculous.

I scout this forum regularly and know myself that it is wasting time, and it has been that case for a while now. I read this thread earlier and seen someone post a plan that took Axl up until he was 60, just to release and tour the follow up to Chinese Democracy. I was listening to the Rock In Rio III gig as I drove back from work. Axl was 38 at that time, and with a lot of musicians creating some of their more stellar and consistent work at that age, seemed that Axl was going to be another one of those artists. No one really knows why and how all of that momentum that stemmed from the 97-01 period was not utilized in a way that would have taken Axl's vision and made it something that could have even exceeded previous incarnations of GN'R apart from Axl himself. Surely the label can't have been that big of an obstacle for him to release music?

We have been getting the same chat from band members for years. Who know's how much contact they actually have with Axl. I'm appreciative of Richard's positive response when asked, but surely that Ashba and himself must be wary of the fact that they give the same response every year? The Revolver article last year was very positive regarding new music from Axl, but then here we are a year later with no sign of anything happening soon.

What is the biggest drag for me is that there is no other active musician out there that has produced such a high standard of material that I enjoy as much as Guns N' Roses. Axl's voice is why I still scout these boards and why I still have an interest. As much criticism Chinese Democracy got, there hasn't been an album from 2000 onward that has had such incredible vocals showcased throughout. However old Axl is when he releases the next album, the only positive thing about it is that his voice will be from a period where he had such incredible range and sound.

FUCK

• Like 1

Facts are that band members right now are hired guns and know nothing. Hence the false information.

It must be rough to be asked the same shit over and over.. now and then obviously people are tempted to give an olive branch.. maybe it helps them cope. Who knows.

• Like 2

If something does come out I hope it's songs recorded during the CD era (with Buckethead, Finck & Brain). I actually bet it will be that with the new members doing some overdubs on it. I'll happily take it if that's what it is.

I do wonder what happened to the rumored self-titled album in 2010 though...

I would guess it's the same record. They haven't recorded a whole lot of stuff after those 26 songs stated in 2006.

They may have a couple of new songs with Dj. Baz claimed to have heard a Dj Axl song.

Fortus supposedly recorded songs in the CD era sessions and has been finishing it off etc.

If something does come out I hope it's songs recorded during the CD era (with Buckethead, Finck & Brain). I actually bet it will be that with the new members doing some overdubs on it. I'll happily take it if that's what it is.

I do wonder what happened to the rumored self-titled album in 2010 though...

I would guess it's the same record. They haven't recorded a whole lot of stuff after those 26 songs stated in 2006.

They may have a couple of new songs with Dj. Baz claimed to have heard a Dj Axl song.

Fortus supposedly recorded songs in the CD era sessions and has been finishing it off etc.

I think some may remain. Ultimately the song does :P but i dont think we'll see anything for a while. If it was good enough we'd of seen a release of them sooner than this.

Edited by Route66

So it's confirmed the next album will be out next year. Relax folks. The band has been pretty much active for almost a decade. Time for a break, only six months or so, unless some Christmas/New Year shows are planned. Chinese Democracy: II - The Stay Of Execution...starts now!!!

what part of nothing is happening this year dont u understand? ;)

Seriously... not to sound like a broken record.. but what are we all doing here? :lol: Nothing has happened for 7 years and weve been led around on a leash to believe new music is coming..

we all (myself included).. need to go find something else to do... this is such a waste of time. :shrugs:

"No one really knows why and how all of that momentum that stemmed from the 97-01 period was not utilized in a way that would have taken Axl's vision and made it something that could have even exceeded previous incarnations of GN'R apart from Axl himself."

I guess the easy answer is that cashing in wasn't Axl's priority.

I think because in 2000 he listened to Ezrin who told him there was only 3 songs. Ezrin is kind of the commercial sheen of Kiss guy.

Maybe wanting the energy of NIN, the grandness of Queen and the commercial sheen of Kiss was just not that easy to pull off?

They seemed to get there by 2004 but it was too late for the label to really cash in.

• Like 1

There seems less riding on it. It's going to another quality disc of alt metal.

Uggh

The best thing Axl could do now is enter the studio with Stradlin and the two knock out a blues rock/acoustic record in two weeks. Ditch all of the Korn pastiches and attempts to be NIN and Deftones. All of that music was wank originally and it is even more wank today.

Correct

There seems less riding on it. It's going to another quality disc of alt metal.

Uggh

The best thing Axl could do now is enter the studio with Stradlin and the two knock out a blues rock/acoustic record in two weeks. Ditch all of the Korn pastiches and attempts to be NIN and Deftones. All of that music was wank originally and it is even more wank today.

Correct
There's only Nirvana, NIN, Korn, RATM elements on 4 songs though.

Chi dem - Nirvana

Shacklers - Korn

Better - NIN

Scraped - RATM

ITW - Faith No More

To me these are classic rock meets Alt metal but come off as GNR mostly.

Street of Dreams - Elton

There was a Time - Stones

Catcher in the Rye - Queen

Riad n the Bedouins - Zepp

Sorry - Floyd

IRS - Zepp

Madagascar - Zepp

This I Love - Queen

Prostitute - don't know

So I don't think Axl has to drop much to get back into complete classic rock mode.

Not to say I would mind an Izzy solo album with Axl singing. He kind of did that on UYI though.

So a Dj Axl album might be more interesting.

• Like 1

I scout this forum regularly and know myself that it is wasting time, and it has been that case for a while now. I read this thread earlier and seen someone post a plan that took Axl up until he was 60, just to release and tour the follow up to Chinese Democracy. I was listening to the Rock In Rio III gig as I drove back from work. Axl was 38 at that time, and with a lot of musicians creating some of their more stellar and consistent work at that age, seemed that Axl was going to be another one of those artists. No one really knows why and how all of that momentum that stemmed from the 97-01 period was not utilized in a way that would have taken Axl's vision and made it something that could have even exceeded previous incarnations of GN'R apart from Axl himself. Surely the label can't have been that big of an obstacle for him to release music?

We have been getting the same chat from band members for years. Who know's how much contact they actually have with Axl. I'm appreciative of Richard's positive response when asked, but surely that Ashba and himself must be wary of the fact that they give the same response every year? The Revolver article last year was very positive regarding new music from Axl, but then here we are a year later with no sign of anything happening soon.

What is the biggest drag for me is that there is no other active musician out there that has produced such a high standard of material that I enjoy as much as Guns N' Roses. Axl's voice is why I still scout these boards and why I still have an interest. As much criticism Chinese Democracy got, there hasn't been an album from 2000 onward that has had such incredible vocals showcased throughout. However old Axl is when he releases the next album, the only positive thing about it is that his voice will be from a period where he had such incredible range and sound.

FUCK

If it does ever happen and we get the CD era songs and he plays some of them live it will be really interesting to see how he sings and performs them. Will he come back with attitude, energy and a trained voice like in '06 and '09 and give it his best or will he come back wearing The Disguise, singing falsetto and cruising through the performances like '11-'14.

No one really knows why and how all of that momentum that stemmed from the 97-01 period was not utilized in a way that would have taken Axl's vision and made it something that could have even exceeded previous incarnations of GN'R apart from Axl himself. Surely the label can't have been that big of an obstacle for him to release music?

Buckethead officially left in March of 2004. My guess is he was probably out much earlier than that, probably in early 2003 after the aborted 2002 tour. I truly believe that aborted tour ruined Axl's original vision of GNR. Once Buckethead was out it was not Axl's original vision anymore and he lost interest.

well, today i got an interview w/ Dizzy & Fortus: the guys were cool but a little bit tired.

About Guns: yeah "we will tour and release new music" but they don't know when or where !

And they haven't seen Axl in 2 or 3 years !

Can you post a link for the full interview? its pretty cool that you get to interview these people

No one really knows why and how all of that momentum that stemmed from the 97-01 period was not utilized in a way that would have taken Axl's vision and made it something that could have even exceeded previous incarnations of GN'R apart from Axl himself. Surely the label can't have been that big of an obstacle for him to release music?

Buckethead officially left in March of 2004. My guess is he was probably out much earlier than that, probably in early 2003 after the aborted 2002 tour. I truly believe that aborted tour ruined Axl's original vision of GNR. Once Buckethead was out it was not Axl's original vision anymore and he lost interest.

I won't indulge in the topic that what made lost Axl his "Original Vision" regarding Guns N' Roses, Bucket and other did record a lot of stuff and there has been a lot of songs recorded too, so just release those songs......

well, today i got an interview w/ Dizzy & Fortus: the guys were cool but a little bit tired.

About Guns: yeah "we will tour and release new music" but they don't know when or where !

And they haven't seen Axl in 2 or 3 years !

Can you post a link for the full interview? its pretty cool that you get to interview these people

I'll probably when it will get edited ! in a few days / weeks i don't when excatly it will be online.

Honestly, no big deal about it, very generic interview; the guys were a bit tired... :lol: